**Pie and Bovril's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time**

Cheese

I know that Top 100 films has been ruled out as it was done last year and Greatest Scots is a good idea but how about Top Film Directors. There was a Top 25 Poll done 10 years ago and the final results are in Reveal below if you do decide to do an updated one at some point @Chris Partlow

Spoiler

1. Martin Scorcese

2. Steven Spielberg

3. Quentin Tarantino

4. Alfred Hitchcock

5. Coen Brothers

6. Francis Ford Coppola

7. Stanley Kubrick

8. Paul Thomas Anderson

9. Christopher Nolan

10. David Fincher

11. Ken Loach

12. Peter Jackson

13. Ridley Scott

14. Danny Boyle

15. Sergio Leone

16. John Ford

17. David Lean

18. Orson Welles

19.David Lynch

20. Clint Eastwood

21. James Cameron

22. Bill Forsyth

23. Wes Anderson

24. Sam Peckinpah

25. Darren Aronofsky

Edited by JustOneCornetto

12 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

If Jim Taggart didn't make top ten I'd probably lose my shit I'll not lie 

They basically pinched the Laidlaw character from McIlvanney and changed the names. Well rendered character, but Laidlaw should be higher up.

On 04/01/2024 at 21:27, Chris Partlow said:

The Sopranos (1997-2007)

IMG_20240104_205538.thumb.jpg.2d3dfc4c03572967b95e8778b2483eeb.jpg

"he killed 16 Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator"

"His house looked like shit"

Pie and Bovril's number 1 TV Show Of All Time is The Sopranos. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.

A worthy winner with (at a rough glance) over a third of contributors putting this in their top 10. You've all got some set of balls on you.

I probably don't need to go too much into the story as most will know it. It kicked off a golden era of the small screen, changed the idea of what 'good tv' should be and laid some of the groundwork and influenced what came after.

As with The Wire, I'll let others do the honours of describing why it's so good and give thanks to everyone who participated in this poll. It was great fun.

I’ve never seen a single episode of this.  Guess I should maybe change that 

On 01/01/2024 at 22:29, Chris Partlow said:

Early Doors (2003-2004)

000eeb5c.jpg.23cae81c2fdad2781551d2f5a64e339f.jpg

"the world's gone mad. I blame it on the television and all this cookery crap they put on"

Craig Cash follows up writing and starring in the Royle Family by writing and starring in Early Doors, about a pub and its everyday, salt of the earth staff and punters.

I just binged this over the last 2 nights and continually wondered when it would get funny. 

It's nothing other than a Northern England soap opera with some sparsely comedic elements.

It's so far from reality that there's no way that a good looking burd like Tanya would ever look twice at a Quasimodo looking c**t like Ken.

On 05/01/2024 at 19:02, velo army said:

I don't think I've had a bigger crush on a sci-fi character than her, and there are many. I found out recently that she's a) a Londoner and b) has a Spurs tattoo on one of her shoulder blades. 

He's right you know...

Marina_Sirtis_Phoenix_Comicon_2012.jpg

18 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I just binged this over the last 2 nights and continually wondered when it would get funny. 

It's nothing other than a Northern England soap opera with some sparsely comedic elements.

It's so far from reality that there's no way that a good looking burd like Tanya would ever look twice at a Quasimodo looking c**t like Ken.

i was recommended it by a couple of followers on Twitter, watched a few episodes and sacked it off.  Shite.

On 07/01/2024 at 21:27, Arch Stanton said:

I am assuming the reference to Ken and Tanya is an attempt at an almighty woooosh?

Early Doors was fantastic - binged watched it again last year and absolutely loved it.

• 3 months later...