Lichties vs Rovers, 13 Dec…

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mate told me McIntyre said on radio that he thinks there is only 14 players fit for tomorrow

Don’t be silly, I’ve constantly been told on here that our squad size is fine when I’ve raised concerns. Must be a mistake.

Edited by Tattie36

6 minutes ago, Rael Rover said:

Think it's outside the blocking time so they  may announce a PPV tomorrow. If not are Raith TV being allowed an audio sream? Think Arbroath were the only team to refuse this last season as they were selling audio coverage themselves. 

Yes, we always offer an audio stream.

On 11/12/2023 at 09:51, AllanJM said:

Think this means he'll miss their game v Dunfermline on 23rd

image.png.5acedb4b530f1f5c535870443e999521.png

It turns out (thanks to @South Lanarkshire Jag) that the SFA changed that to 7th day this summer. Finally found a 2023/2024 Manual, here it is:

IMG_0683.thumb.jpeg.11506973db5592d05c0eae5bd782e2c4.jpeg

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/10884/sfa_jpp-2023-24_digital.pdf

So that’s the ICT game Tam will miss for Arbroath.

We have so many options available at the moment up top. I wouldn’t be adverse to Murray giving Vaughan and maybe even Easton a wee rest by starting out with them on the bench, especially if he plans to play them on Saturday. Guys like Smith and Gullan are more than capable of replacing them as their recent cameo appearances have proven.

Not concerned by Lewis’s injury history as another poster brought up earlier…he has looked fitter last couple of months and for a a longer period of time than he has in years, just feel it’s a chance to freshen one or two up since we currently have the luxury!

While I'm not against giving some players a rest, I wouldn't want to make to many unforced changes.

I think Smith and Connolly will both come in and expect Brown to slot in at the back for Murray (who I suspect won't be fully fit).  We will again have frightening options on the bench regardless of who IM picks though.

Getting away from work early so will be there. 

Three points is three points for me. We have to go strong and not ‘save’ people for another game. I am going to assume Murray is injured. Smith has to come in if Ian Murray’s mantra of earn your place is to be upheld.

Dabrowski 

Millen      Brown   O’Reilly    Dick

Byrne

Connolly     Stanton        Easton

Smith           Hamilton

3 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Three points is three points for me. We have to go strong and not ‘save’ people for another game. I am going to assume Murray is injured. Smith has to come in if Ian Murray’s mantra of earn your place is to be upheld.

Dabrowski 

Byrne

Smith           Hamilton

Like the look of that team, with Gullan and Matthews getting some time on the pitch if we are ahead.

5 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Dabrowski 

Byrne

Smith           Hamilton

This is what I would go for too.

I get that this seems harsh on Vaughan, but a fired up LV coming off the bench can be really dangerous, as Queens Park found out earlier in the season.  

Cant see us picking anything up tonight given the form of both teams, just want to see plenty effort, work rate and attitude from the players and maybe some sort of plan to stay in the game and frustrate Raith, they seem to be conceding a few goals so thats something for us to expolit.

29 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Cant see us picking anything up tonight given the form of both teams, just want to see plenty effort, work rate and attitude from the players and maybe some sort of plan to stay in the game and frustrate Raith, they seem to be conceding a few goals so thats something for us to expolit.

We need to set up and play like we did in the first half at Dunfermline. It wasn’t pretty but we were compact

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

We need to set up and play like we did in the first half at Dunfermline. It wasn’t pretty but we were compact

Partick came back in the game with a turning up of the wick where they started winning second balls after our second goal. Compact in the back would possibly allow Smith/Connolly/Vaughan/Mullin/ Millen/Dick/Easton to take pot shots and cross from their favored spots while Hamilton and Stanton make beastly nuisances of themselves in the mixer. If we get time in the middle, it’ll be a long night for Arbroath.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Partick came back in the game with a turning up of the wick where they started winning second balls after our second goal. Compact in the back would possibly allow Smith/Connolly/Vaughan/Mullin/ Millen/Dick/Easton to take pot shots and cross from their favored spots while Hamilton and Stanton make beastly nuisances of themselves in the mixer. If we get time in the middle, it’ll be a long night for Arbroath.

Wtf Anglo/Yankee balderdash is this?