Lichties vs Rovers, 13 Dec…

With our depleted squad and overall lack of quality we probably need to approach this game in a cautious manner.

We simply dont have the players to play a conventional 4-4-2 and are far too exposed in any other attacking setup.

Quite simply a 4-5-1 is most likely what we need at the moment. dig in deep and hit on the counter.

Gaston

Norey, Steele, ToB and Hamilton

Stewart , Gold, Lyon, Slater, Hylton

McIntosh

just scraping together a team

35 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I'd like to see 3-5-1-1 

O'Reilly, Murray, Dick 

Connolly, Byrne, Brown, Stanton, Smith 

Easton

Hamilton

Vaughan needs a rest, don't think Mullin has been that great. 

Would like to see Easton playing more cental, see what he does. 

Given all three of those Backs prefer to play to the left, quite a shout. I’d like to see Stanton get the day off, simply because he’s been in forever and DU on Saturday. Mullin is one of the best players for delivering balls, you underrate his impact, but I’m OK putting Connolly there. Easton seems much better on the edges, but OK, let’s put him in Stanton’s role?

Millen/Corr/O’Reilly/Dick

Brown/Byrne

Connolly/Easton/Gullan

Hamilton

Plan to put Matthews in for Brown after the half, to ease Brown back and ease Matthews back in. Smith and Mullin in for Connolly and Gullan later in the second half. IF we can, Masson and Hannah for a spell too. Let Vaughan have a go for Hamilton as well late.

No Murray, I want him rested and healed as an option for the weekend.

Edited by TxRover

Can never predict who is going to be available for Raith and what Murray is going to do.

Expect Euan Murray to miss out.

Kev

Millen        O’Reilly       Dick

Brown       Byrne

Connolly       Stanton     Easton

Smith

Hamilton

is my guess for the team 

We should all know by now none of us are getting it right! I’ll give it a shot anyway though: 

Dabrowski

Millen      
Brown    
O’Reilly      
Dick

Byrne     

Connolly    
Stanton   
Smith

Gullan    
Hamilton

4 changes from Friday (one enforced as I don’t see Euan Murray being 100% fit) but still looks a strong side whilst also spreading some minutes around the squad.

35 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

We should all know by now none of us are getting it right! I’ll give it a shot anyway though: 

Dabrowski

Millen      
Brown    
O’Reilly      
Dick

Byrne     

Connolly    
Stanton   
Smith

Gullan    
Hamilton

4 changes from Friday (one enforced as I don’t see Euan Murray being 100% fit) but still looks a strong side whilst also spreading some minutes around the squad.

Haha I know. 

I have a feeling the team will be 

Dabrowski 

Millen, O'Reilly, Brown, Dick

Mullin, Stanton, Byrne, Easton

Vaughan

Hamilton. 

Still say we keep winning games when we go 3-5-2. Much better with 3 in midfield. Proved it against Dunfermline as well. Look much more compact and allows Stanton more room to get forward. 

5 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

I always go back to the season when a dying, homeless Clydebank won one game all season on a miserable Tuesday night at Cappielow.

I hate being overly confident with the Rovers, but this team are made of different stuff.

One of the 256 over here. Miserable indeed. 

I'd go for something along these lines:

---------Dabrowski--------

Millen - Brown - O'Reilly - Dick

----------- Byrne ----------

Connolly -- Stanton -- Smith-

---- Hamilton --- Gullan ----

Possibly overly attacking on paper, but we know Connolly and Smith can be trusted to do their defensive work when required. 

All going well, plan would be to bring Hamilton off as early as possible to rest for Saturday, and Matthews on for Stanton to get some minutes under his belt. 

56 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'd go for something along these lines:

---------Dabrowski--------

Millen - Brown - O'Reilly - Dick

----------- Byrne ----------

Connolly -- Stanton -- Smith-

---- Hamilton --- Gullan ----

Possibly overly attacking on paper, but we know Connolly and Smith can be trusted to do their defensive work when required. 

All going well, plan would be to bring Hamilton off as early as possible to rest for Saturday, and Matthews on for Stanton to get some minutes under his belt. 

Good shout this one

15 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Don't know why people are dropping Josh Mullin (unless to rest him for United), he's one of the managers' first picks and with good reason - he's been excellent for us. The best delivery of a ball we've had in the team for years.

That's my thinking, and I suspect it'll be Murray's too. 

1 hour ago, Craigus said:

Will Arbroath be streaming this game (to non UK) on the £20 one month subscription?

On 09/12/2023 at 21:10, ExiledLichtie said:

We stream all our non-televised home games.  Not sure if you'll have to be "out of the country" when ordering though.  This promises to be an absolute 18+ horror show for us.

1 hour ago, Craigus said:

Will Arbroath be streaming this game (to non UK) on the £20 one month subscription?

Think it's outside the blocking time so they  may announce a PPV tomorrow. If not are Raith TV being allowed an audio sream? Think Arbroath were the only team to refuse this last season as they were selling audio coverage themselves.