Lichties vs Rovers, 13 Dec…

Forecast for 4-5 C and a freshening SW “breeze”…10% chance of rain.

The Lichties new manager bounce turned out to be of the dead cat variety, can he turn that around?

The Rovers absolutely flying, but when you’re flying, there’s always the risk of a crash!

This will be a very interesting match…did the earlier postponement help or hinder the Rovers, or will the midweek match play to the Lichties advantage? Could the Rovers be looking ahead to Saturday…I’m going with the first two goal win of the season, 0-2 Rovers.

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Forecast for 4-5 C and a freshening SW “breeze”…10% chance of rain.

The Lichties new manager bounce turned out to be of the dead cat variety, can he turn that around?

The Rovers absolutely flying, but when you’re flying, there’s always the risk of a crash!

This will be a very interesting match…did the earlier postponement help or hinder the Rovers, or will the midweek match play to the Lichties advantage? Could the Rovers be looking ahead to Saturday…I’m going with the first two goal win of the season, 0-2 Rovers.

Read this in the voice of that guy that used to do all the movie trailers.

If we can just get through the 50-80 minute mark without conceding a goal the I think we'll be OK.

Reckon this could be the 1st time this season there will be more than a 1 goal margin come the final whistle.

Seems Arbroath tried a 4-4-2 vs Morton and got found wanting in the middle. Makes me feel a wee bit better about this match, as our midfield is certainly looking strong enough to take advantage here.

I’d go 4-2-3-1 with Millen/Corr/O’Reilly/Dick at the back (hoping to get Masson and Hannah some time later), Brown with Byrne at DM (perhaps planning on letting Matthews spell Brown later in the match), Stanton in the middle (the optional other spot for Matthews late) with Smith and Gullan wide and Hamilton up top (leaves the others for subs as desired and fresher for the weekend).

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Seems Arbroath tried a 4-4-2 vs Morton and got found wanting in the middle. Makes me feel a wee bit better about this match, as our midfield is certainly looking strong enough to take advantage here.

I’d go 4-2-3-1 with Millen/Corr/O’Reilly/Dick at the back (hoping to get Masson and Hannah some time later), Brown with Byrne at DM (perhaps planning on letting Matthews spell Brown later in the match), Stanton in the middle (the optional other spot for Matthews late) with Smith and Gullan wide and Hamilton up top (leaves the others for subs as desired and fresher for the weekend).

Reckon he'll play Brown at the back again.

2 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Reckon he'll play Brown at the back again.

IDK, it’s not his favored position, and we do look better with Brown at DM. The question is Murray’s condition. At CB, Corr is capable, as is Dick or Masson, and McGill or Hannah can cover LB is Dick is moved inside.

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

It's got the potential to be a banana skin, but I cant see our boys or Murray for that matter treating this game as just a turn up exercise, and after the mini collapse against Partick they'll want to make sure that was a one off

Really wont be a banana skin, comfortable away win.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

IDK, it’s not his favored position, and we do look better with Brown at DM. The question is Murray’s condition. At CB, Corr is capable, as is Dick or Masson, and McGill or Hannah can cover LB is Dick is moved inside.

Byrne is our defensive midfielder. We look better with one of Brown or Byrne there, no room for both with the attacking players we have. Corr isn't as good as Brown, and Brown has been excellent when filling in so he should play CH.

Of course, he may go with Millen, O'Reilly and Dick as the 3 with attacking wingbacks.

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Brown has shown he's more than capable of being a defender now. Should not be worried with him there. 

Not worried with him there, just don’t feel it’s his best position. I feel we’re better 4-2-3-1 than 4-1-3-2.

1 hour ago, Broath Boy said:

Best chance in years to smash us, comfortable 0-3, we could have afforded Jacks wages but dick/board disagreed. You will be 2nd, UTD will win.

When are some folk going to understand that guys like Jack Hamilton, Craig Wighton, Chris Hamilton, Ben Williamson, Anton Dowds, Joel Nouble and any other decent LOAN players we’ve had in the last few years (oh and add Simon Murray as I’ve seen his name mentioned) are full-time football players and would never sign for Arbroath unless it was, again on loan (unlikely) or if they for some reason decided to go part-time or were at the end of their career and they couldn’t get a full-time gig.

Who in their right mind would give up a full-time career to go part-time? They may have enjoyed their time at Arbroath and think fondly of the club and supporters but they will have seen it as no more than an opportunity to prove themselves to their parent club or get a move to another full-time club.

What would Jack have done all day if he signed for us? Kick a ball around Seaton Park with our handful of “hybrid” players? A game of World Cup with Turan and Norey, backie in keepers. 🤣

Edited by Tattie36