Dunfermline Athletic ⚪️⚫️1 Vs Partick Thistle 🟡🔴2

Another journey to Fife, for the Thistle faithful sadly on the reverse end of the Rovers game on Friday.

Pars got a win today and aren't far  behind Thistle in the league.

Thistle need a bounce back win but could be tougher playing Pars at their own ground.

I have a  bad feeling about this.

Pars 2 Partick 0

What are the bridies like this season? Still from Stephens bakery?

Edited by jagfox

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

A couple of good wins in a row for us which should bring us confidence ahead of a tricky test next weekend.

Hoping we can get a couple of defenders back in time for this. Would also be lovely to see Matty Todd kick on now and show this league exactly what he’s capable of.

Bizarre how our makeshift team has found a bit of success. This proves we still have better to come when our defenders are back freeing up Hamilton and Otoo. As for Matty, wait until this league gets a load of his full attacking ability and relentless engine. 
If we get Bene back and something on Saturday, it could spell a turning point in our season. 
Staying up looks to be a given with our players coming back, and the January window not far away (1x cover for CB, and maybe even a goal scoring striker please Santa, and if I’m not being too greedy maybe even one league win against Rovers too please) 

My only expectations for this season was to stay in this league, and consider a playoff spot as a bonus. If we can start hitting the back of the net more often, then we can also hit the playoffs. 
January is going to be huge for our season, here’s hoping J Mc gets the players we mostly all agree is needed  for cover 

Interesting game for us.   We’ve taken care of the bottom 3 with ease and yesterday’s result now means we’ve got the better of the next 3 but we’ve had 1 point from 15 available against the top 3,  hopefully we can make the improvements needed to start taking more points from them.

Edited by parsforlife

Quite shocked we are 4th. 

Big game, albeit before the new year. 

Bit of a lottery to see what performance we get, think we have enough to win and could also get slapped around without much surprise. Which I expect I will be saying until the end of the season. 

Kinda echoing what else has been said but the fact we’re fourth, with a game in hand on Thistle in third and Airdrie in fifth, with a four points gap on the latter with our injury problems really is quite good.

Basic squad injuries would be one thing, but this season on long term injury we’ve had our number one goalie out, captain, regular centre half, two most attacking midfielders, even three if you count Summers. At the moment we’re playing without a recognised centre half with Fisher, Bene and Breen out. I think if we had a fully fit squad to choose from we’d all have them as our starting back three.

I thought we done very well yesterday but we’d done well prior to the last Thistle game and they completely blew us away. However, that was a while ago, we were down to the bare bones then and guys like Moffat, O’Hallaron and Jakubiak were not long in the door and miles off the pace.

Thistle always seem quite streetwise with the personnel they have, but if we play to our strengths then no reason why we can’t win.

Should be a good game! 

We got completely overrun in the first game against thistle, possibly our worst performance of the season. Fitzpatrick and Lawless turned us inside out, so hopefully McPake has a bit more of a plan to stop them this time around.

We've lacked the clinical finishing to put a lot of games away but defensively have done a decent enough job at keeping teams out. I think having Todd back could make all the difference for us and give us an edge we lacked in the previous meeting, but will be interesting to see.