Dunfermline Athletic ⚪️⚫️1 Vs Partick Thistle 🟡🔴2

Harry Curran was disastrous for us, the fact Lambie swapped him from St Johnstone in exchange for Roddy Grant immediately before leaving us for Falkirk always seemed to be abit iffy for me. 

Anyway, fairly rough spell of fixtures starting last week, if we can get something tomorrow it puts us on a high going into the game vs ICT, if we lose then it's back to back defeats and with a trip to Tannadice at the end of the month the Inverness game becomes quite pressed. 

Edited by Fuctifano

25 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I always thought Curran was shite for us too, then he popped up with a very late equaliser in a 1-1 draw at Ibrox and (nearly) all was forgiven.

I mind being an egg and seeing that on Teletext. 

Great news that three of our defenders are doing full training sessions. There’s no way that Hamilton should automatically be dropped for any of them IMO, the laddie has been a standout player for us back there. I know he’s been playing relatively well, but I’d maybe consider dropping Allan, moving Otoo into midfield as I think he’s a better midfielder, and starting fisher alongside Hamilton. Maybe give Bene and Breen a run out later in the game to put competitive minutes into their legs. 
That said, I’ve been sacked as a manager on the X-box game, so…… 

22 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Great news that three of our defenders are doing full training sessions. There’s no way that Hamilton should automatically be dropped for any of them IMO, the laddie has been a standout player for us back there. I know he’s been playing relatively well, but I’d maybe consider dropping Allan, moving Otoo into midfield as I think he’s a better midfielder, and starting fisher alongside Hamilton. Maybe give Bene and Breen a run out later in the game to put competitive minutes into their legs. 
That said, I’ve been sacked as a manager on the X-box game, so…… 

There’s zero chance Hamilton won’t start the game unless he’s one of the ones felled with illness. He’s been really good out of position for the last six weeks. I reckon he’ll play in a back three but at very least he’ll be in the middle of the park. Nice to think that both Hammy and Otoo could both be playing in the middle in the coming weeks when Fisher, Bene and Breen are ready.

I’d imagine Fisher could start, reckon Breen and Bene could be on the bench but with no real desire to play them. I imagine having Bene in the match day squad will be a big boost for everyone. 

46 minutes ago, jagfox said:

A dull, windy day but looks like it'll stay dry.

Strangely, I'm looking forward to my visit to the Kingdom. 

It was quite mild earlier when I was out with the dog and the one had died down,  but it’s creeping back up again.

Have a feeling we’ll see goals today. We’re getting pumped, Thistle are getting pumped or it’s gonna be 4-4 or something.

42 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Vaguely remember Grant Tierney not wanting to turn full time (when Pars were on the incredible Leishman-inspired ticket through the divisions, so went to Partick so he could stay part time and learn to become a mason.

FTFY

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

There’s zero chance Hamilton won’t start the game unless he’s one of the ones felled with illness. He’s been really good out of position for the last six weeks. I reckon he’ll play in a back three but at very least he’ll be in the middle of the park. Nice to think that both Hammy and Otoo could both be playing in the middle in the coming weeks when Fisher, Bene and Breen are ready.

I’d imagine Fisher could start, reckon Breen and Bene could be on the bench but with no real desire to play them. I imagine having Bene in the match day squad will be a big boost for everyone. 

Totally agree on the Hamilton front. The laddie has been a huge player for us at the back, and it’ll need some spectacular performances to oust him from our defence/starting lineup IMO. Is he half kangaroo? For a wee laddie he cannae half jump, and has plenty ability in the middle too. He’s not shy about getting stuck into the opposition either. He’s an asset to this club IMO. 

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, get Hamilton in to the midfield if he can be freed up from the back three. Midfield badly misses him I think.

He had an off day against Thistle at Firhill in September, played in the middle and was poor, just chased shadow's. We had a back three of Comrie, Fisher and Otoo and the organisation was awful. I’d keep Hammy at the back today if Bene/Breen aren’t deemed fit enough (which is likely to be the case). If fisher is back play Comrie, Fisher, Hammy with Otoo in the middle.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Vaguely remember Grant Tierney not wanting to turn full time (when Pars were on the incredible Leishman-inspired ticket through the divisions, so went to Partick so he could stay part time and learn to become a policeman.

We paid a chunk of cash for the big man. I think he had a good job in insurance or financial services at the time.

Lambie always used to bring him into a back 5 to combat Mark Hateley when we were in the top flight. Scored a great goal against them to in a 3-0 win on 4 May 1993. Not that we get many wins against the OF or that 🤣