Dunfermline Athletic ⚪️⚫️1 Vs Partick Thistle 🟡🔴2

Enjoyable game, thought we dominated the second half without getting many shots away at goal.

Top top save to deny Matty Todd bursting the top corner of the net. Thought we were good enough for a point but 2 brain farts from Mehmet gave us a hell of a hill to climb.

Thought we sat back too much, and invited too much pressure but at the same time I don’t think Dunfermline created much - the goal aside, mostly they were limited to half-chances and us creating our own problems.

Still deserved winners imo. Should’ve really kept it going second half but three points are what matters. Fitzpatrick is such a joy to watch, and I’m really loving watching Stanway develop into a class central midfielder.

Brilliant win and solidifies us into third place nicely. A few well timed points deductions handed out above us and who knows what’ll happen. 

Slightly better second half. But I think Thistle still looked in control and were never likely to drop points. Great to see Todd score again, but we can’t play like we did in that first half and expect to get anything from a game.

Thistle managed the game well second half, letting us have a lot of the ball but not letting us create much.

A lot of folk were moaning, but I honestly thought the ref had a fairly decent game. Let it flow, didn’t throw yellow cards around for everything and was fairly consistent. Certainly nothing too controversial, as far as I’m concerned.

Clearly we were much improved in the second half but not really sure why Thistle tried to sit on the lead when they were so clearly the better side? If they’d grabbed a third then would probably have ended 4 or 5. Thistle deserved the win IMO but made it far more dramatic than it needed to be.

You can tell how much we lack a ruthless finisher and too often made the wrong decision at the final moment. When you combine that with the two awful goals we conceded, it’s not a recipe for success.

What I will say for our side though is that they always try. They’re actually not very good for the most part but I would never accuse them of looking uninterested.

Shout out to the Thistle fans who were fantastic but SPFL will hopefully issue a fully deserved points deduction for that mortifying dance they did at the final whistle.

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Clearly we were much improved in the second half but not really sure why Thistle tried to sit on the lead when they were so clearly the better side? If they’d grabbed a third then would probably have ended 4 or 5. Thistle deserved the win IMO but made it far more dramatic than it needed to be.

You can tell how much we lack a ruthless finisher and too often made the wrong decision at the final moment. When you combine that with the two awful goals we conceded, it’s not a recipe for success.

What I will say for our side though is that they always try. They’re actually not very good for the most part but I would never accuse them of looking uninterested.

Shout out to the Thistle fans who were fantastic but SPFL will hopefully issue a fully deserved points deduction for that mortifying dance they did at the final whistle.

Too much Pimms consumed?

42 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You can tell how much we lack a ruthless finisher

Don't even need a ruthless finisher sometimes - I'm pretty sure anyone who has ever kicked a ball in any game of football ever would have thrown their leg back at the ball when it was behind them on the 6 yard line, whereas Jakubiak just let it hit off him and trundle onto the post. 

51 minutes ago, 101 said:

Top top save to deny Matty Todd bursting the top corner of the net.

Think he should have been hitting that low into the far corner tbh. A good save but one I'd hope a decent keeper would make. Unlike our three options!