Dunfermline Athletic ⚪️⚫️1 Vs Partick Thistle 🟡🔴2

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Will Jakubiak ever score for us? I say no.

Here is a random selection of lads who have scored for us: Rory Loy, Edinburgh, Seyni N'Diaye, Marines Dijkhuizen, Steven Hampshire, Harry Curran, Jamie Squires and Bartosz Tarachulski* (@Stellaboz).

He was the same with us, good in build up but you just had no confidence in him scoring. He eventually got a late consolation away to Ayr on the last day of the 21-22 season and I was hoping that might set him off on a run in the playoffs. 

Nope. 

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

He was the same with us, good in build up but you just had no confidence in him scoring. He eventually got a late consolation away to Ayr on the last day of the 21-22 season and I was hoping that might set him off on a run in the playoffs. 

Nope. 

He gets in good positions at times, often by his own good play, then fucks it. Last week he had at least two really good chances and there have been other times this season where he's had opportunities.

So frustrating and not really the type of player teams can afford (in terms of points) in this league.

1 minute ago, Stoo61 said:

If Jakubiak scores it will be a complete accident. He's like the Anti-Scorer. 

Who will score first for us, him or Chalmers? Almost every other outfield player has at least one, with only a few exceptions.

Poor first 45 from us, didn’t really give Thistle much to think about. Second half was better and we limited Thistle to very little.

Deniz Mehmet is absolutely mince. The first goal he has to be coming for that. I’ll need to see it back but from where I was sat it looked a decent high, un-imposed, he just watched it go across the front of the goal. Second one is a howler. It’s not like he’s got great attributes, he’s very average in every area and below average in terms of distribution, decision making. His kicking is w**k as well. Sharp has had his own howlers, get him back to Dundee in January and get someone else in to challenge for the #1 jersey.

I thought we were sluggish across the game, second to every ball, poor decision making but still then ended up creating chances where we go away disappointed that we’ve not taken anything.

Great for Matty getting another goal and a good finish. Hammy and Otoo were good.

Big game next week, Arbroath picking up a solid win in Inverness so their tails will be up.

Mehmet almost never comes for crosses. Been like that since he joined us. Usually not a problem when the defence are switched on and know he won't, and play accordingly, but can be exploited (teams can force a 'gap').

He's our record clean sheet holder, a record that won't be beaten for decades probably, but that was in League 1 and with a (mostly) fully fit defence in front of him. More importantly, it was a consistent defence. 

But he's regressed this season, even accounting for better opposition.

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

How's Mehmet ended up there for the 2nd goal? 😂😂f**k me

I'd give Sharp the next 3 games and evaluate things from there

Mehmet has never impressed me. All relative I appreciate. Ryan Scully was a good keeper for your guys but never quite made it at Firhill.

• jagfox changed the title to Dunfermline Athletic ⚪️⚫️1 Vs Partick Thistle 🟡🔴2
18 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Mehmet has never impressed me. All relative I appreciate. Ryan Scully was a good keeper for your guys but never quite made it at Firhill.

Aye Scully, like Mehmet actually, was good in league 1. When we brought him back in 2019 once in the championship, he was guff. Both found majorly wanting at this level.

Edited by Rob1885

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’d blame the first goal on whoever was marking Milne tbh. No chance he should have been able to get an attempt on target.

Edwards. It was poor all round. Otoo conceding the corner needlessly, Mehmet rooted to hos line, Edwards just standing watching Milne (don't think Milne even jumped!) then a header at the centre of the goals.