Dunfermline Athletic ⚪️⚫️1 Vs Partick Thistle 🟡🔴2

Jakubiak is just a bit shite tbh. I have absolutely zero clue what he brings to the team?

He works hard and gets into good positions but you never think he’s gonna score. Could stick Taylor Sutherland up there and he’d do much the same job for probably less than half the wage.

20 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye Scully, like Mehmet actually, was good in league 1. When we brought him back in 2019 once in the championship, he was guff. Both found majorly wanting at this level.

That has been my impression, mate.

24 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Jakubiak is just a bit shite tbh. I have absolutely zero clue what he brings to the team?

He works hard and gets into good positions but you never think he’s gonna score. Could stick Taylor Sutherland up there and he’d do much the same job for probably less than half the wage.

Pretty much sums up his time with Thistle. Seems like a nice guy, just shy in front of the goal.

Gave myself a pre-Christmas gift and headed up to Fife for the game, with the added nerd bonus of a first Forth Rail Bridge crossing.  Stephens bridie > Cornish pasty.  Enjoyed the atmosphere, which kept me going after an early start.  Made up to come away with the win.

3 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

Gave myself a pre-Christmas gift and headed up to Fife for the game, with the added nerd bonus of a first Forth Rail Bridge crossing.  Stephens bridie > Cornish pasty.  Enjoyed the atmosphere, which kept me going after an early start.  Made up to come away with the win.

So, your a Jag now my man? 

8 minutes ago, jagfox said:

So, your a Jag now my man? 

I gave it a lot of consideration and decided that of all the teams in the SPFL, they are one for me.  Telly fan, then some trips to Firhill, but my first visit to another ground with The Jags.  I can't change now.

One of my uncles is a Jags fan (his oldest son too, both are season ticket holders). His two brothers are sadly Sevco fans.

My old man used to go and watch Partick and Clydebank in his youth.

Edited by DA Baracus

14 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

My grandad was a Jag too. Might have more to do with him being a polis living in Easterhouse....bad enough without siding with one of the ugly sisters. 

My old man lived in Clydebank as a kid then later somewhere close to Glasgow (can't mind where). My older brother was born in Glasgow.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Usually think McPake’s honesty is refreshing from a manager. But I stopped reading after his first sentence today. Blatant nonsense.

IMG_7160.jpeg

Really? I thought Partick probably shaded it but they weren't dominant. Did Mehmet have a save to make other than the goals? Two set pieces did for us, but in open play it was quite even I thought?

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Really? I thought Partick probably shaded it but they weren't dominant. Did Mehmet have a save to make other than the goals? Two set pieces did for us, but in open play it was quite even I thought?

Aye, I'm not getting the comments about us being dreadful tbf, outwith Mehmet I thought we were alright in the first half, and probably the better team in the second. 

There's always a bit of hyperbole when discussing footballing performances right enough. 

1 hour ago, Red Kite said:

I gave it a lot of consideration and decided that of all the teams in the SPFL, they are one for me.  Telly fan, then some trips to Firhill, but my first visit to another ground with The Jags.  I can't change now.

Welcome aboard, mate. It's never dull, that's all I can say 😬🤣

59 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, I'm not getting the comments about us being dreadful tbf, outwith Mehmet I thought we were alright in the first half, and probably the better team in the second. 

There's always a bit of hyperbole when discussing footballing performances right enough. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I also agree,  we certainly couldn’t be described as brilliant at any point today,  but we've seen 3 examples this season of what dreadful actually looks like and there was nothing that was anywhere near that,  a few misplaced passes here and there but its scottish championship and those are to be expected.  

Overall,  they got the better of us at two set pieces,  were generally slightly sharper first half and being the team 2-0 up they could keep there shape,  use the streetwise stuff to kill the game and generally just absorb pressure in the 2nd.  It was a professional performance from partick today,  but it wasn't the chasm we experienced at firhill.

Edited by parsforlife

57 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Fair enough. I genuinely thought that they were significantly better than us first half. Not our worst performance of the season, but I thought they showed more quality and were the better team.

Thistle were better than us first half, we were better in the 2nd. As much as we shot ourselves in the foot, I've no confidence had the same opportunities thistle got gifted to them fell to us that we'd have taken them so fair fucks to them.

30 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I also agree,  we certainly couldn’t be described as brilliant at any point today,  but we've seen 3 examples this season of what dreadful actually looks like and there was nothing that was anywhere near that,  a few misplaced passes here and there but its scottish championship and those are to be expected.  

Overall,  they got the better of us at two set pieces,  were generally slightly sharper first half and being the team 2-0 up they could keep there shape,  use the streetwise stuff to kill the game and generally just absorb pressure in the 2nd.  It was a professional performance from partick today,  but it wasn't the chasm we experienced at firhill.

This is the most sensible post I have ever seen, and potentially will ever see, on p&b.