Dunfermline Athletic ⚪️⚫️1 Vs Partick Thistle 🟡🔴2

20 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Even although it’s not even 1/2 way through yet, if you guys beat Arbroath this week, we will 11 points behind you already. Utd also have a game in hand. I feel we already too far behind.

I'm highly dubious that Dundee United, let alone Raith Rovers, can maintain the records we have so far (spoiler, we can't, we still have three HtHs). Both are likely to hit a rough patch sooner or later...but the question of points behind is a valid concern...so I dug out my handy-dandy average points to win table. looking back through 94/95, the biggest gap between 2 and 4 was 17 points in 07/08, and it averages 8 points. 1 to 2 average 10 points, so this is already an unusually tight season so far. If this keeps up, we would be looking at nearly 30 points between 2 and 4 at seasons end, and I just don't think that's possible.

That being said, I'm enjoying the ride while I can. It does seem likely we already know the top four teams at seasons end.

50 minutes ago, wellyboot said:

Not disagreeing that you are 4th without being great. If you think that continuing in this form will keep you in 4th then good luck. 

Over the last 5 games we're the third best team. 

If we were to carry on that form of 2ppg then we'd almost certainly be in the playoffs. 

Poor guy. You don't really know what you're saying eh? 

29 minutes ago, wellyboot said:

You haven’t played only 5 games all season though.

if you carry on with you average of 1.5 pts per game (21 points after 14 matches) you might not make the play offs

its good to see the townies bite so easily.

1.5 ppg would have made the playoffs in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Last season you would have needed 1.58.

If we did manage that for the remainder of the season we would need another team to do better to finish 5th. ICT would need 1.7+ ppg for the rest of the season when so far they've only managed 1.1.

Pointing out complete nonsense isn't biting. 

35 minutes ago, wellyboot said:

You haven’t played only 5 games all season though.

if you carry on with you average of 1.5 pts per game (21 points after 14 matches) you might not make the play offs

its good to see the townies bite so easily.

Ah yes, because when talk about form they often mean 14 matches. 

People pointing out that you're a slavering idiot isn't biting. 

3 hours ago, wellyboot said:

if you think that continuing in this form will keep you in 4th then good luck. 

Why wouldn't it? The rest of the teams are clearly not any better.

We have also had half our starting 11 out so far this season. I think if we can get a near full squad we will have quite a bit more to give.

15 hours ago, wellyboot said:

There is always a p***k in amongst roses! 

yes your lot are 4th but are very inconsistent. Hopefully partick thump you after your comment!

Dear Mrs, Boot

Your son, Welly, is clearly lost and turned up on this thread. Don’t worry, we’ll look after him for you, and make sure he doesn’t hurt himself. 

The little scamp is doing the cyber equivalent of swiping at people with a length of foam lagging for pipes, which as you’d imagine is making no impact at all. Don’t worry though, he is in a safe place here with us, and even without his helmet on we can see that your special little man harmless and poses no threat to anyone. 

We’re going to see if we can find some crayons for him to draw pretty pictures with, but I’m sure it won’t hold his attention for long, so please come and get him as quickly as possible, because he is making a rip roaring James Hunt of himself here. 

Thanks. 

Talking of wellies, a chap approached me last night to ask about my wellies and whether or not I thought he should invest in a pair. Told him to go for it and that a pair of Hunters wound not only keep his feet dry but would boost his virility. Forecast looks like monsoon season due to finish before Saturday so should be game on.

This thread is a car crash. Thought a lot of the Falkirk fans on here were bad last season. There’s a small number of Raith fans (vast majority are alright) that are taking obsession to a whole new level and hijacking every thread that mentions us right now. Really odd behaviour.

23 hours ago, TxRover said:

Fair enough, made me look it up to see if it backed my gut.

9 Promotion Playoffs between 13/14 and 22/23.

#4 advanced from the quarters twice, or 22% of the time...from the semis once, or 11% of the time...never won the finals.

#3 advanced from the quarters seven times, or 78% of the time...from the semis three times, or 33% of the time...never won the finals.

#2 advanced from the semis five times, or 56% of the time...won the finals 33% of the time.

So, yes, a much better chance or progressing to the semis, a shot at the finals, but unlikely to matter. I guess its a small extra boost from the one or two extra home games.

As for home vs away...26 wins, 13 draws and 17 losses at home in the playoffs. That says the team at home last probably has a marginal advantage because they are more likely to win and they know if they need just a win or more.

On the whole, the money aspect is clear that third beats fourth due to position money plus probably at least one extra home match. The results in terms of promotion, doesn't matter as much, but a higher finish does give a chance.  

I actually much preferred finishing 4th and playing the home leg first. Felt like more of an advantage than not. A chance to go to the 2nd leg with a lead. Of course we ended up doing that in all 3 ties. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

This thread is a car crash. Thought a lot of the Falkirk fans on here were bad last season. There’s a small number of Raith fans (vast majority are alright) that are taking obsession to a whole new level and hijacking every thread that mentions us right now. Really odd behaviour.

It’s odd because when we do well, Raith Rovers are the furthest thing from my mind.

They’re having a season so far that most fans would kill for and a few of their lot are still thinking about the Pars 🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s odd because when we do well, Raith Rovers are the furthest thing from my mind.

They’re having a season so far that most fans would kill for and a few of their lot are still thinking about the Pars 🤷‍♂️

Agreed

I also have a lot of love for those that tell us they "think we'll stay up" and that we'll "be ok" and that they "love the derbies". f**k off. My funniest football moment in the last decade was listening to them losing a penalty shootout to what turned out to be one of the worst Championship teams in history 😀😀

I don't hate them but hearing they've lost makes a Saturday sweet.

Edited by da_no_1

4 hours ago, CallumPar said:

A Pars fan, a Rovers fan and a Lolkirk fan walk into a pub…

Despite it being relatively early in the season feel like if either team win this game they are going to be the team pulling away from the bottom 7 and a draw will just continue the season in typical Championship chaos.

Edited by 101

14 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I heard their fans chanting the question of “who’s the wee team now” as they skellped us at EEP. Their perpetual desire to have us view them as bigger is bordering on obsession now. Don’t they realise that we don’t even hate them regardless of what size team they are?
We reserve our utter distaste and contempt for those six fingered mutants from the Grangemouth area, and we don’t care what size team they are. 

15 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

14 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Agreed

I also have a lot of love for those that tell us they "think we'll stay up" and that we'll "be ok" and that they "love the derbies". f**k off. My funniest football moment in the last decade was listening to them losing a penalty shootout to what turned out to be one of the worst Championship teams in history 😀😀

I don't hate them but hearing they've lost makes a Saturday sweet.

43 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I heard their fans chanting the question of “who’s the wee team now” as they skellped us at EEP. Their perpetual desire to have us view them as bigger is bordering on obsession now. Don’t they realise that we don’t even hate them regardless of what size team they are?
We reserve our utter distaste and contempt for those six fingered mutants from the Grangemouth area, and we don’t care what size team they are. 

For a team with no interest in Rovers and bemoaning Raith fans commenting on your teams threads yous are doing a lot of talking about the Rovers on your threads  - pots and kettles ? 🤔