Marvin's Maxwelltown Marvels v Embra

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not about rivalry really, was thinking maybe just something that some "fans" might think of as amusing "banter".

Ach I'm sure we can give amusing banter back 

"Burns died here. It was better than spending a Saturday night in Dumfries" etc :lol:

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

"Burns died here. It was better than spending a Saturday night in Dumfries" etc :lol:

Aye, not bad ... although The Globe Inn was Rab's favourite howff where he spent many a happy night, so not really backed up by the facts.

Anyhow, suggest we steer clear of the Bard theme lest we attract some of Somerset's honest men and bonnie lassies into the thread claiming ownership rights etc. 😎

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I reckon you're overthinking this mate.

Too much spare time. 

Anyway, can't wait to see this new, improved Queens team that Marvin has accidentally hit on. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, not bad ... although The Globe Inn was Rab's favourite howff where he spent many a happy night, so not really backed up by the facts.

Anyhow, suggest we steer clear of the Bard theme lest we attract some of Somerset's honest men and bonnie lassies into the thread claiming ownership rights etc. 😎

Rabbie probably wouldnae be allowed in The Globe now tbf, no' the place for laughs and merriment (unless yer wallet's bulging.)

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Just shout "Intae these Tory c***s". That does it for me tbh. I used to sit next to the away fans but had to move as this insult turned me into a seething mess. Not much gets under my skin but that one really hits a nerve :lol:

ETA - should say I have no issue with Them being referred to as c***s, I'm just upset when I get lumped in as a Tory. I've no issue with being called a c**t though. 

Edited by 19QOS19

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just shout "Intae these Tory c***s". That does it for me tbh. I used to sit next to the away fans but had to move as this insult turned me into a seething mess. Not much gets under my skin but that one really hits a nerve :lol:

ETA - should say I have no issue with Them being referred to as c***s, I'm just upset when I get lumped in as a Tory. I've no issue with being called a c**t though. 

There is indeed no worse insult than being branded a Tory!

You’d expect we’ll start with the same 11 as last week and hope that we play in the same manner.

Our 4th goal was a great example of how much better and dangerous as a team we are when we move the ball forward fast.

Gibson battling back and winning the ball, he then lifts his head and pings a 40-yard ball forward to Reilly who again had lost his man and holds it up before laying it off. Suddenly we’re in the middle of the opposition half with players flooding forward to support the attack. The rest from Connelly is just sublime.

In previous games we’d either already have conceded or after 10 sideways and backwards passes the ball would have been at the feet of Stones who would have been under serious pressure.

Occasionally going long quickly with the right ball and players can work very well.

Here’s hoping for more of the same tomorrow against whatever team Edinburgh field.

21 minutes ago, bod said:

So do we turn up full of hope, expectation or trepidation tomorrow?

I think by now most of us know which is the correct answer.

Tbf, given the turmoil at Embra these days, we deserve zip this season if we can't record a win here.  Which of course means ...

On 12/12/2023 at 18:05, SUPERSOUTH said:

No match betting for Sat game? 

There's betting for the game now.

1/4 Queens and 8/1 Edinburgh under 20s team.

Sums it up really.

The standout bet for me is Queens leading at HT/FT which is 4/5.

Nearly evens. That's buying money surely. 💰💸

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

There's betting for the game now.

1/4 Queens and 8/1 Edinburgh under 20s team.

Sums it up really.

The standout bet for me is Queens leading at HT/FT which is 4/5.

Nearly evens. That's buying money surely. 💰💸

Queens at home with our Palmerston form, what could possibly go wrong?

This must be one of the most unusual set of circumstances - a team who have recorded one home win out of 8 matches (losing 6 of them) are trading at 1/8 against a team who are only two places and 7 points behind them. If there is one team unreliable enough to lose against an under 20 squad then look no further than QOS. Surely not?????