Marvin's Maxwelltown Marvels v Embra

So, in typical QOS fashion we: fail badly at home to Kelty, knock Dundee United out the Big Cup, get slaughtered at Accies, and now we put four past Montrose before HT.  Next up, a home tie against an Embra without their troubles to seek and probably struggling to even field a team ... anyone daft enough to bet on a QOS home win here?

Edited by Otis Blue

• Otis Blue changed the title to Marvin's Maxwelltown Marvels v Embra

If we're bringing our (mostly)  under 20 team down the road next weekend, then you should be more than good enough to pump us by a few goals.

That said, you always beat our first team anyway, and these young lads will probably work harder to keep the score down.

All about attitude we must go with the same as the Montrose game not even think about who is in the Edinburgh team .

If we are not at it from the start  then we will lose the game Bartley job this week is go with a unchanged team but drill into them that we must give 100% not just turn up expecting to win .

Hats off to anyone who can predict what sort of performance Queens will put on this Saturday, we are the very definition of inconsistency - although tbf we have been consistent losers for a while, especially at Palmerston.  The young EC lads should go into this with no fear factor, no reason to at all.

Hope wee Lee's X-Box console is still broke, aye?

I have been to Palmerston once in the last 33 years and only saw half a game (got delayed coming back from a holiday in England). 

The last time I saw a full game there was Queens v Meadowbank Thistle.... 

I shall head down just to enjoy the magnificent drenchlighting and try not to get magnificently drenched! 

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I have been to Palmerston once in the last 33 years and only saw half a game (got delayed coming back from a holiday in England). 

I shall head down just to enjoy the magnificent drenchlighting and try not to get magnificently drenched! 

Extremely mild and rain free forecast this weekend. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Remember going to a mid-week game at Palmerston centuries ago (70s), I'm sure it was one of Meadowbank Thistle's first games in the big leagues and I'm pretty sure it was a 3-0 win for Queens.

As you say, our drenchlighting is indeed magnificent to behold and one of a diminishing set remaining in Scotland ... enjoy!

13 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Remember going to a mid-week game at Palmerston centuries ago (70s), I'm sure it was one of Meadowbank Thistle's first games in the big leagues and I'm pretty sure it was a 3-0 win for Queens.

As you say, our drenchlighting is indeed magnificent to behold and one of a diminishing set remaining in Scotland ... enjoy!

I remember that midweek game well, it was indeed 3-0 to Queens. I was really disappointed with the result as every other team had been gubbing them at the time and I felt short changed. :(

6 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just a thought, I hope on Saturday that no arsehole Queens supporters start chanting about EFC going to die, they should be thankful it's not their club that is going through this ordeal. 

I don't think they would, there's not much rivalry between City and the Doonhamers really.

And it's hardly worth trying to wind up the travelling support unless the one man sets his dug on them.

26 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I don't think they would, there's not much rivalry between City and the Doonhamers really.

And it's hardly worth trying to wind up the travelling support unless the one man sets his dug on them.

Not about rivalry really, was thinking maybe just something that some "fans" might think of as amusing "banter".