Marvin's Maxwelltown Marvels v Embra

We made very hard work of that what a relief when McGuffie scored .

We started well got a good early goal from Reilly looked like we would score more then Cochrane got injured .

Todd would have been a straight swap but on came McKechnie we changed formation.

We still had chances but we were not controlling the game in midfield .

2nd half not as good Edinburgh had the wind Stone misjudged a long ball goal .

Then a superb Gibson goal cut in from the wing beat 2 men hit a brilliant shot into the top corner  .

Then as the game went on still at 2 -1 Edinburgh started to try and push for another goal we got nervous but to our credit we managed to get a good 3rd goal .

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Thankfully a win which was an absolute must given the predicament Edinburgh find themselves in. A very poor decision of the Manager not to replace Cochrane with Todd but it is rumoured that Todd is out of favour after the Hamilton post mortem. In any event the McKay : Ferguson “holding partnership” in midfield definitely didn’t work and when Edinburgh equalised we were in deep trouble because we had lost control of the midfield by that time. 

A tremendous Lewis Gibson goal saved the day although far too many players had an off day. It is not difficult to see why we are struggling so badly in this league - better opposition would have run over the top of our midfield in the second half. Robbie Mahon had a very good game for the visitors - he is on loan from Motherwell and if he was to be available would be a good acquisition for somebody.

After the great win last week I was hopeful that we had turned the corner but the way in which we “stop playing” in matches keeps re-occurring but on this occasion we did enough to get over the line.

Not at the game but none of the above is a surprise. Some better results recently but we remain a fragile group IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Not at the game but none of the above is a surprise. Some better results recently but we remain a fragile group IMHO.

Players have to shoulder individual and collective responsibility for the way in which we tamely fall out of games but the Manager’s decision making is perplexing to say the least.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Is that Lewis's first senior goal ...?

2 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Second of the season. Scored in 3-2 home loss to Montrose.

He scored three goals last season too.

I do have to wonder if we would have been closer to/in a play-off position had Bartley not been so reluctant to play him regularly when fit.  If you're good enough you're old enough, as they say (whoever "they" are) and we are certainly carry much more of a threat and get forward quicker when he plays*.

* as long as he isn't given many defensive responsibilities.

53 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Players have to shoulder individual and collective responsibility for the way in which we tamely fall out of games but the Manager’s decision making is perplexing to say the least.

Absolutely this ^^^

All credit to Edinburgh. Whilst Queens had the better chances, especially in the first half, they competed well and made it uncomfortable for the home team. Couple heart-in-mouth moments in the second half - thankfully McClelland on hand to tidy up. He was excellent today. 

Travelled down with not much hope of getting anything. Even at 2-1 I thought "a 2-1 loss away from home, that's not bad" but the third goal was annoying. Ah well. I did applaud Queen's second goal, it was a cracking strike. 

I actually enjoy watching our 20s guys trying to play. They're not as strong or streetwise as some of the Queens' players but have skills and speed. I think they might get better as the season goes on. I hope they don't get demoralised and I fear a tanking next week from the Accies but there's no substitute for experience and each match they gain more experience.

What's the story behind the light display in the second half? Do your young fans do that at every game? It made the main stand look quite festive to my mind

pp4.thumb.jpg.926844b616ff72cbd2ab2d6a2ff45b91.jpg

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Travelled down with not much hope of getting anything. Even at 2-1 I thought "a 2-1 loss away from home, that's not bad" but the third goal was annoying. Ah well. I did applaud Queen's second goal, it was a cracking strike. 

I actually enjoy watching our 20s guys trying to play. They're not as strong or streetwise as some of the Queens' players but have skills and speed. I think they might get better as the season goes on. I hope they don't get demoralised and I fear a tanking next week from the Accies but there's no substitute for experience and each match they gain more experience.

What's the story behind the light display in the second half? Do your young fans do that at every game? It made the main stand look quite festive to my mind

pp4.thumb.jpg.926844b616ff72cbd2ab2d6a2ff45b91.jpg

Don't know, but I'm guessing it might have been a tribute to the Queens fan that sadly passed away leaving the Dundee United cup tie in the previous home game.  Was it in the 76th minute by any chance - think the man was 76 years old.  If I'm wrong, hopefully some other QOS fans on here will put me right.

Edited by Otis Blue

Just watched the highlights.  Three well taken goals from Queens there, Gibson's obviously the pick of the bunch (and similar to Connelly's second last week) but McGuffie stayed cool and took his chance well too.  We're lucky to have really creative front players in Connelly and Gibson and need to play to their strengths.  Gibson is clearly a talent who can make something out of nothing and will surely go on to better things - he just has to start games for us now.  Hard to judge against an obviously limited Edinburgh side, so next week's (surely much tougher) game at Stirling will be a real measure of where we are now.

No mention of Harry's injury which was a surprise.  He'll be a miss at Stirling if not fit.  Harry's one of those players who's always going to miss a fair few games each season through injury (similar to Kieran Tierney in that respect).

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Given the goal music got more cringey after every goal, let's hope we never score 4 at home...

Maybe you could suggest a playlist for the next home game. I'll guarantee someone won't like it.

44 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Are you a fan of the European fad where the announcer says the scorers first name and the crowd shouts their surname, repeatedly for several minutes. 

I bet you are. I can arrange that 

Call me old fashioned but on the very rare occasion we see a QoS goal at Palmerston I enjoy the sound of the crowd 😎

ETA - If you can arrange for more goals to be scored I won't have any qualms with that. 

Edited by 19QOS19

3 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Are you a fan of the European fad where the announcer says the scorers first name and the crowd shouts their surname, repeatedly for several minutes. 

I bet you are. I can arrange that 

That's also very Partick Thistle too. 

Can't say I noticed the goal music too much but as a fan of a certain age I enjoyed most of the pre-match playlist. 

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Call me old fashioned but on the very rare occasion we see a QoS goal at Palmerston I enjoy the sound of the crowd 😎

ETA - If you can arrange for more goals to be scored I won't have any qualms with that. 

I cannot :(

Sure we could dig up some fake crowd noise for you though 

10 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That's also very Partick Thistle too. 

Can't say I noticed the goal music too much but as a fan of a certain age I enjoyed most of the pre-match playlist. 

Which included some KLF I believe