Ton v QP - clash of the titans

3 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Well terrific result ruined by yet another piss poor ref.

Top Marks to all the players, except big George. Is that us now without a main striker next week!!

Yes, D, Power was the wrong sub when McGrattan should have come on.

Power for Gillespie later on yes.

Felt the pace of Bearne should have been used later on not fucking Boyd.

The game was going fine until the Wilson injury and a few Morton players felt the challenge contributed to it.

Yes some of the QP boys were indefinitely giving a bit extra and how Longridge fail to pick up two bookings was a surprise. 

Big George has himself to blame. Surely he realised the ref was a fanny and the I am in charge type. The challenge was from behind and look intended to get some revenge for tackles coming from the QPers but in reality caused no damage to the player.

Plus the grinning in the face of opposition players ain't winning over many refs and has to stop.

Anyway what a 8 day run of results.

Wtf is this fkn shite we are 9/9 ffs 

45 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Sorry? Morton complaining about other teams being physical? I think irony has just died. 

Have a wee look at your own disclipinary record (most yellows and 2nd second worst on fouls committed) first before complaining about others.

Were you at the game today?

38 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Wtf is this fkn shite we are 9/9 ffs 

This is a fans forum.

I have been to the three games and are more than happy with the result and effort from the players.

If any part of my observations don't concur with your view happy for hearing what your opinion is.

Don't  be a non constructive bully as per the Gordon pals group who red flaged my comments.

It is obvious from the traffic on Gordon's site that you feel a red dot need.

Have you decided that you have tired of attacking Dream OakTree or are you just a sheep

Merry Christmas sorry f**k off ya c**t

5 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

This is a fans forum.

I have been to the three games and are more than happy with the result and effort from the players.

If any part of my observations don't concur with your view happy for hearing what your opinion is.

Don't  be a non constructive bully as per the Gordon pals group who red flaged my comments.

Have you decided that you have tired of attacking Dream OakTree or are you just a sheep

IMG-20230304-WA0003.jpg.ce0f000049469591896652e4b11da08e.jpg

17 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

This is a fans forum.

I believe the opinion was given, just in a roundabout way. Allow me to break it down:

57 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Edited by ClydeTon

Delighted I made the conscious decision not to go to this today. And was even happier that my struggles to find a dodgy stream only had to last 8 minutes.

We are in serious fucking trouble this season, and while I think some of it could be put down to potential jealousy due to our financial backing, the hubris of those in charge (both from those at the club and those now departed) is coming back to bite us on the arse, and we just have to accept it.

I have only heard from fellow QP fans about how bad we were, so I am almost looking forward to highlights being released to see the incidents with the referee that have upset Morton fans. Can't comment without seeing them, but someone referred to the red card as an obvious yellow card "one for the team" offence. Our first defeat to Raith Rovers we had Will Tizzard sent off for one of those. Maybe it's something they're trying to "stamp out" of the game? If it is it will leave the game worse off, few things better than a blatant yellow like that.

Unacceptable performance. Talk of that being an improvement is complete fantasy. We couldn’t even take advantage of the decisions that went our way. A man advantage for more than half the game and we barely laid a glove on them. 

We move the ball so slowly and the final ball is more in hope than anything. How many times are we going to lose that same goal this season? It’s an absolute embarrassment. 

Whole state of the club is absolutely rotten. Devoid of leadership. It’d be easy to absolve the players of blame as a result of that, but these guys are on half decent money and are supposed to be full-time professionals. They need to show much, much more. Cal Ferrie aside, is there a single player in that squad playing anywhere close to the standards we know they can reach?

People on significantly less money than they are, are spending hundreds, probably actually into four figures following the team home and away across the season. Four months without a win is an absolute disgrace, regardless of which way you spin it. We need a manager in soon and some experienced heads in in January. If both these things don’t happen, we’re going down. 

Edited by an86

1 hour ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Judging your answers you have never been in one. Away hame to yer mammy.

Queen's Park fans have for the most part been incredibly magnanimous and correctly focused on off-field failings in this thread to the level it was disappointing as I couldn't be an arsehole about it, so thank you for providing me a target.

Get fucking down to join your Gretna brethren in the Lowland League and take your 14 hatchet men with you.

Brilliant performance from the whole team. 

I've been crying out for mullen to be our first choice keeper all season and you saw today why. Brilliant saves, command of area and our goal came from his composure passing out from the back rather than us hoofing it long. Massive fan of him. 

Need to see referee decisions again but in real time both looked like terrible decisions. Oakley was bullying QP defenders all half as well which was the most disappointing thing about losing him. 

Actually thought at the start of the second half QP played against 10 men excellently but overloading the wings and switching from side to side but we defended our box excellently. The reality is they only done that because we were in such a narrow formation from the start of the game that we made them look good and as soon as mcgrattan came on and gave us some width and an out ball they completely lost their way and started forcing the same switches of play that had been working for them. 

No bad performances from us today but special mention to Muirhead who ran himself in to the ground and collapsed to his knees at full time. He gets unfairly called lazy by some of our fans because he's not Jamie Vardy but he's constantly running himself to breaking point for the team most weeks and coming up with big moments at key times. 

8 hours ago, an86 said:

Unacceptable performance. Talk of that being an improvement is complete fantasy. We couldn’t even take advantage of the decisions that went our way. A man advantage for more than half the game and we barely laid a glove on them. 

We move the ball so slowly and the final ball is more in hope than anything. How many times are we going to lose that same goal this season? It’s an absolute embarrassment. 

Whole state of the club is absolutely rotten. Devoid of leadership. It’d be easy to absolve the players of blame as a result of that, but these guys are on half decent money and are supposed to be full-time professionals. They need to show much, much more. Cal Ferrie aside, is there a single player in that squad playing anywhere close to the standards we know they can reach?

People on significantly less money than they are, are spending hundreds, probably actually into four figures following the team home and away across the season. Four months without a win is an absolute disgrace, regardless of which way you spin it. We need a manager in soon and some experienced heads in in January. If both these things don’t happen, we’re going down. 

Is ferrie your goalkeeper? If so he's been absolutely rancid every single time I've seen him play. A total bombscare.

38 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Is ferrie your goalkeeper? If so he's been absolutely rancid every single time I've seen him play. A total bombscare.

He had a howler in him frequently last year, and one of his worst (or best depending on your point of view) was at Cappielow last season. But he was still the team of the year 'keeper as voted for by his fellow pros, and this season he's been excellent and despite our current run I don't think any of it has been down to him at all.

Just watched the highlights up until the penalty miss. The Morton goal is a copy and paste of at least half the goals we've conceded this season, we're unbelievably predictable and poor in defence. Can't see the foul for the penalty thanks to the pillar in the way, but I really cannot believe the reaction by Morton fans to that red card. It is late, through the back of Thomson, clearly catches him and it is about three feet away from the ref who had an unobstructed view. Looks like a stonewaller to me. Shame we're rancid right now and couldn't take advantage.