Ton v QP - clash of the titans

Well forget about the refs performance until tomorrow. But we’ve dug In superbly there. Well deserved 3 points for us today. 

If I was a Queens fan I’d be furious with that performance. Never really landed a glove on us second half. 

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Ended up missing this and have just learned how ‘events’ unfolded…

QP unable to score with 12 against 10…

Saltier than a 5 or 6-nil humping.

I wouldn't say salty is the right word, the way we lost was disappointing but it was also entirely predictable. Most of us are far more concerned about the bigger picture than one result though, we have a club that's a total mess off the park right now and a playing squad that's nowhere near good enough for this level of football.

Just now, Zanetti said:

I wouldn't say salty is the right word, the way we lost was disappointing but it was also entirely predictable. Most of us are far more concerned about the bigger picture than one result though, we have a club that's a total mess off the park right now and a playing squad that's nowhere near good enough for this level of football.

At least you had Barry Hepburn to come on and do a few step overs. 

Well terrific result ruined by yet another piss poor ref.

Top Marks to all the players, except big George. Is that us now without a main striker next week!!

Yes, D, Power was the wrong sub when McGrattan should have come on.

Power for Gillespie later on yes.

Felt the pace of Bearne should have been used later on not fucking Boyd.

The game was going fine until the Wilson injury and a few Morton players felt the challenge contributed to it.

Yes some of the QP boys were indefinitely giving a bit extra and how Longridge fail to pick up two bookings was a surprise. 

Big George has himself to blame. Surely he realised the ref was a fanny and the I am in charge type. The challenge was from behind and look intended to get some revenge for tackles coming from the QPers but in reality caused no damage to the player.

Plus the grinning in the face of opposition players ain't winning over many refs and has to stop.

Anyway what a 8 day run of results.

Edited by Paisley Ton
c**t up

A worse attempt to break down a team with a man advantage than when Kenny Shiels' Morton only drew against a nine man Queen of the South team in 2014. On the flip side, the effort and organisation from our players was outstanding and the win was fully deserved. While the first half wasn't entirely comfortable, we were fully deserving of the lead after a great team move and looked good enough until that cretin in black intervened. 

To do that shift off the back of Arbroath then the midweek game is outstanding. The team is playing like last season again and the second half showed what real coaching involves - as good as our performance at Ibrox before the injuries kicked in. 

Today capped off a fantastic response from the players and coaching staff, after our most testing time in a couple of years.

Days like today make it rewarding to support a wee team because you can see the character and resilience of your team of what aren’t particularly highly paid players or coaches. I hope those saying Dougie’s time was up are having a word with themselves now.

A long way to go still of course, and the squad could still use a bit of surgery in January and a fuller review in the summer but fantastic week.

I won’t repeat what’s been said about the referee but a special word for the stand side linesman - two slaps to the Strapp’s face right in front of him and not even a yellow card, then Muirhead flagged offside when 2-3 yards onside and through on goal in the second half. And I’m sure it was him that claimed there was a foul for the penalty.

Absolutely delighted for the players and coaching staff to end the week with another win. Listened to Dougie  post match comments and it may be that Wilson injury isn't as bad as first feared. Hope that's the case as he has been a great player for us over the last few weeks.

We started off with a well worked goal and then Strapp hit the bar with the keeper well beaten. We then lost a bit of momentum with Wilson going off, but still well in control.

Then two huge moments as Queens get a penalty which Mullen saves - so glad he's getting his chance now - and Big George gets sent off. Possible tackle from behind? Not sure.

Down to 10 men for the whole of the 2nd half and the boys gave everything. They wanted those 3 points today and it showed.

Queens huffed and puffed with the extra man advantage but they never really caused us problems to be honest .

Then we have to speak about the Ref (again) Two atrocious refereeing displays in a matter of a few days is seriously taking the piss!

We're back and we can only get better! With Jai not too far away either we could have a strong 2nd half to the season    

I wonder when other managers are going to come out and mention how over physical Queens Park are or do they get away with it due there so called nice football that play?

IMO the ref was at fault for that today, he allowed Queens to get away with booting us off the park. It was as if he was told not to book any queens players today and only book the big bad Morton players.

Some right greeting face wanks in that queens team. They pretty much reffed the game today and Paton missing the pen couldn’t have happened to a better person.

24 minutes ago, montheton said:

I wonder when other managers are going to come out and mention how over physical Queens Park are or do they get away with it due there so called nice football that play?

IMO the ref was at fault for that today, he allowed Queens to get away with booting us off the park. It was as if he was told not to book any queens players today and only book the big bad Morton players.

Some right greeting face wanks in that queens team. They pretty much reffed the game today and Paton missing the pen couldn’t have happened to a better person.

That's just not true. 

Spoiler

Dom 'Dom' Thomas was allegedly on the park too. 

I've just seen Man City's goalkeeper clear a guy out at the edge of his own penalty box today and receive a yellow card. Yet that incompetent clownshoe of a referee showed a red to Oakley for an innocuous challenge in QP's half.

If we don't both win an appeal and get that referee punted to the amateur level where he belongs then the game's gone. 

1 hour ago, montheton said:

Sorry? Morton complaining about other teams being physical? I think irony has just died. 

Have a wee look at your own disclipinary record (most yellows and 2nd second worst on fouls committed) first before complaining about others.

13 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Sorry? Morton complaining about other teams being physical? I think irony has just died. 

Have a wee look at your own disclipinary record (most yellows and 2nd second worst on fouls committed) first before complaining about others.

WOW! p***k