Ton v QP - clash of the titans

Last time we were managerless and really properly shite, we went to Broadwood bottom of League Two and expected a pasting. Won 2-1 thanks to a Thomas Collins winner.

Beyond the idea of the players getting a lift from a caretaker or new manager, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest we’ll do anything other than be bullied and lose comfortably. 

We’ve played well and deserved 6 points from our last 2 games, but really need to follow that up with another victory this weekend to put a bit of breathing space between ourselves and bottom spot. 
Imrie got his team selection bang on last night (despite me saying otherwise) but I’d quite like to see Bearne come back into the side for this to give us a bit more pace out wide. 

Not sure what to expect with so many unanswered questions but probably a good time to play us.

Does Nuijten have their own ideas or will it be more of the same. I would hope we won't set up the same but .....

That said, whatever the result it cannot be worse than what would have happened had we not taken that first step after last week's game.

I can't see anything other than a comfortable home victory. Our record against Morton is dreadful, and unless Nuijten/O'Ware/whoever is actually taking the team happens to be the world's greatest motivational speaker then our powderpuff defence will be easy pickings for them. Genuinely don't remember the last time I was looking forward to a game of football less than this.

Without trying to sound arrogant, but if we play like we did last night it will be a home win. 

The players must be up for it again for that to happen, so hopefully they put in a good shift.

No idea how Dougie will line us up after last night as his team selection raised a few eyebrows before the game, but he got it spot on.

I'd like to see us have a real go so hopefully Bearne and possibly McGrattan come back in. But in fairness no one should be dropped after last night's performance

I tend to hate these types of games, especially with our form being so terrible this season. Morton always a great team to play when your down on your luck. But the last two games makes me think we’re back to the team we were last season and have that fight about us that will bully Queens off the park on Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

we don't know 

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

This is genuinely staggering, even by our low standards. 

I'm choosing to believe it's O'Ware and Kelty aren't too keen on publicising the fact that they've given him the day off for it, but there's probably a higher chance that they just don't care enough to share any information with us as usual.

33 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I can't see anything other than a comfortable home victory. Our record against Morton is dreadful, and unless Nuijten/O'Ware/whoever is actually taking the team happens to be the world's greatest motivational speaker then our powderpuff defence will be easy pickings for them. Genuinely don't remember the last time I was looking forward to a game of football less than this.

image.thumb.png.775add030f607b0396de31b41274aa36.png

I frankly am past caring. We don't have the players for this league and without some talented experienced additions it is hard to see us winning again this season. In previous years it could be said this is when we are at our most dangerous but this season is the worst we have been for a very long time. Away win!

Well great chance to put some distance between the bottom league spot.

Had thought two draws and a win against QP would have been a good return from these three games but would be dizzy heights if we can get nine though seven would still get us back on solid ground.

Great effort last night and same again should make us favourites on Saturday.

With options on the bench we are starting to achieve the standards of last season.

Power for Gillespie after 55/60 minutes is a good option as neither have 90 minutes in their legs but have that experience to get us through games.

Plus our bonus X factor at left-back/throw-ins.

3 v 1 the Ton.

10 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Absolutely detest this ‘certain home win’ chat… how many times have we flopped against teams that otherwise can’t buy three points?

A win would be a big signal that the mentality has changed, but we’ll have to scrap as hard as we did last night to get it.

Please watch the highlights from our game on Saturday against the team you beat last night. There is unfortunately lots of evidence that you don't need to actually play all that well to beat us comfortably. Our squad is comprised primarily of players who although talented, are not ready for this level of football (at the very least without a few more experienced heads around them for support). There's a reason it'll be 4 months on Saturday since we won a league game.

Edited by Zanetti