Ton v QP - clash of the titans

16 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Please watch the highlights from our game on Saturday against the team you beat last night. There is unfortunately lots of evidence that you don't need to actually play all that well to beat us comfortably. Our squad is comprised primarily of players who although talented, are not ready for this level of football (at the very least without a few more experienced heads around them for support). There's a reason it'll be 4 months on Saturday since we won a league game.

Given that last season QP were one of the front runners for most of the season, what has changed to make you so shite?

36 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Given that last season QP were one of the front runners for most of the season, what has changed to make you so shite?

Plain and simply we have an absolutely honking defence, coinciding with almost zero squad depth with zero experience. 

There are some talented players but they’re lacking any sort of resilience or character when the going gets tough. Players look mentally drained on the pitch now  

Recruitment has been dreadful. Beuker enforced an unofficial transfer ban on signing guys over the age 22 which has absolutely murdered us. Think the club were totally naive and almost arrogant to think that we’d survive in the championship with this current squad. I didn’t mind a transitional season but we’ve we went down the path of young guys far too soon and we’re paying the price for it 

Grant Savoury injuring his ACL hasn’t helped and although he’s a great signing on paper, Stuart Mckinstry is absolutely miles off fitness wise and it’s been telling in his first couple of appearances. Another example of terrible recruitment 

5 minutes ago, GMFC89 said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong with this one. But were you guys not over the moon with the signing policy pre season bringing in guys like Hepburn, Paton & Turner? 

Nobody was against the signings themselves, but I don’t know a single Queen’s Park fan who didn’t want experienced heads in to supplement them. It would be obvious to everyone both around the club and looking in that we needed more. One look at our bench shows the lack of depth. 

Edited by an86

12 minutes ago, an86 said:

Nobody was against the signings themselves, but I don’t know a single Queen’s Park fan who didn’t want experienced heads in to supplement them. It would be obvious to everyone both around the club and looking in that we needed more. One look at our bench shows the lack of depth. 

It is madness to think a team of youngsters is going to cut it in this division for a full season. Any idea what your average squad age is? Surely has to be the youngest by a distance?

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Ms Dempster sacking Owen Coyle. Marjyn Beuker turning out to be a Pratt.

Was Coyle sacked? 😳 I didn’t pay much attention to  QP at the time, but I thought he left by his own choice.

18 minutes ago, GMFC89 said:

It is madness to think a team of youngsters is going to cut it in this division for a full season. Any idea what your average squad age is? Surely has to be the youngest by a distance?

21.2 which is indeed the youngest by at least a couple of years.

Edited by Zanetti

11 minutes ago, GMFC89 said:

If the Transfermarkt website is to be believed, this is the average age for every team in the league:

Screenshot_2023-12-14-12-17-56-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.9e843cc22fb4d824ebe932b8cfbbc297.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Was Coyle sacked? 😳 I didn’t pay much attention to  QP at the time, but I thought he left by his own choice.

Rumour has it he was "sacked" following a disagreement on budget for this season. 

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Was never official, seemed more like a parting of ways to me. Coyle knew there was a long-term plan but, like the fans, expected the transition to be phased over 8-10 years. I’m sure in his mind that if we had spent money in January, wisely, we could have won the league. It seems to have got worse over the summer though as the Dutch guys decided to go all in, sink or swim, with the youngsters. Turns out none of them can swim.

Strategically it’s still the right direction but the phasing of new and experienced needs to happen over a much longer timescale. Not only will we not win this game, Morton will win by a degree that will have you all believing you can win the league and win every game for the rest of the season. You won’t be that good of course, but for a short time you will believe you are. 

Nevertheless, I will still visit your living museum and encourage my team as best I can. Probably for the first ten minutes. Then I might have a nap. Enjoy yourself….

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Was never official, seemed more like a parting of ways to me. Coyle knew there was a long-term plan but, like the fans, expected the transition to be phased over 8-10 years. I’m sure in his mind that if we had spent money in January, wisely, we could have won the league. It seems to have got worse over the summer though as the Dutch guys decided to go all in, sink or swim, with the youngsters. Turns out none of them can swim.

Strategically it’s still the right direction but the phasing of new and experienced needs to happen over a much longer timescale. Not only will we not win this game, Morton will win by a degree that will have you all believing you can win the league and win every game for the rest of the season. You won’t be that good of course, but for a short time you will believe you are. 

Nevertheless, I will still visit your living museum and encourage my team as best I can. Probably for the first ten minutes. Then I might have a nap. Enjoy yourself….

Lol. Those tears are so salty.

On 13/12/2023 at 17:30, Zanetti said:

Please watch the highlights from our game on Saturday against the team you beat last night. There is unfortunately lots of evidence that you don't need to actually play all that well to beat us comfortably. Our squad is comprised primarily of players who although talented, are not ready for this level of football (at the very least without a few more experienced heads around them for support). There's a reason it'll be 4 months on Saturday since we won a league game.

I watched us labour to a pretty fortunate 0-0 draw against you only a couple of months back… and I’ve lost count of the times I’ve watched us struggle to string two passes together against teams in ‘crisis’.

We’re certainly favourites to win, but we rarely do it the easy way.

That said, I’m happy to say I confidently predicted you lot would finish bottom before a ball was kicked… and I’m frankly surprised that anyone’s surprised at how the ‘Project’ is panning out. This league is far from pretty at times, but it’s brutally difficult to play in; whoever thought going with an inexperienced squad and failing to upgrade your defence was a good idea should be barred from football… a blend of arrogance and incompetence that makes supporters of other clubs happy to see you relegated.

No offence.