January transfer window 2024

19 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I would much rather have Ben Williamson than Dylan Tait that's for sure. Kirk looks a good player but I don't really understand why we've signed him as we already have a couple of young strikers and probably needed a more experienced striker like a Zak Rudden. And Hastie doesn't really impress me either but I'm prepared to give him a chance. They will be more coming in as they will be more going out. You fancy anymore Accies rejects? Joel Mumbongo is available!

1 goal and 2 assists in a title winning side last season and right good debut for you too. 

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

1 goal and 2 assists in a title winning side last season and right good debut for you too. 

Williamson is a guy who's impressed me for years. He is a midfielder not a striker very strange comment there. Brad Spencer didn't score last season for Raith but does that make him a bad midfielder? Obviously not. 

Luke Strachan, returning from long term injury, joins Brechin City until the end of the season.  Number 5 out this window.

Needs game time and with Matty Shiels inbound his minutes will have been restricted.

https://coverangersfc.com/2024/01/23/luke-goes-out-on-loan/

Screenshot_20240123_201036_X.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6th one out.

Mark Gallagher teams up with Dayshonne Golding at Elgin until the end of the season. 

Gallagher started the season brightly, showed he's got the ability to go box to box, can chip in with goals and assists so surprised he's been sidelined.

Strong signing for Elgin. Hopefully Gal develops at BB.

https://coverangersfc.com/2024/01/24/mark-gallagher-joins-elgin-on-loan/

Screenshot_20240124_104249_X.jpg

6 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Ola Lawal joins Cove Rangers on loan for the rest of the season from the stands at The Falkirk Stadium.

Yeah could see this coming a mile off to be fair. Hartley regularly signs from his previous clubs and Ola had been frozen out after playing fairly regularly last season. Works for both parties. He'll be moved on from the Bairns in the summer when they go up as Champions.

Although he hasn't played much this season for Falkirk, he's an improvement to what we have currently and should do us well. I like his attributes and alongside Fyvie should form an understanding. 

Still need wingers unless we're going 3-5-2 with Doyle and Shiels as wing backs.

47 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yeah could see this coming a mile off to be fair. Hartley regularly signs from his previous clubs and Ola had been frozen out after playing fairly regularly last season. Works for both parties. He'll be moved on from the Bairns in the summer when they go up as Champions.

Although he hasn't played much this season for Falkirk, he's an improvement to what we have currently and should do us well. I like his attributes and alongside Fyvie should form an understanding. 

Still need wingers unless we're going 3-5-2 with Doyle and Shiels as wing backs.

Ola can play out wide, I think he's better in a free role as the 10 though as defensively he switches off which I think is the reason we never saw much of him this season. 

Has that bit of magic about him so will be interesting to see how he gets on with regular games.

21 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Nail biting final day of the window coming up for Falkirk. How many of the 3 targeted by Hamilton will leave and join our title rivals

I'd be more concerned by the irish sash bash select that are trying to get Morrison.

A list of Falkirk players that Hamilton Accies have signed this window: