January transfer window 2024

On 02/01/2024 at 10:41, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'd likely take Lawal and Allan.

I have everything crossed that Allan will be coming back to Clyde on loan. He still comes to games that don’t clash with Falkirk. I reckon McCall could convince him to do us a favour for the last few month of the season.

However also, he could go to pretty much any club below Falkirk, so it’s a bit pie in the sky.

27 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I have everything crossed that Allan will be coming back to Clyde on loan. He still comes to games that don’t clash with Falkirk. I reckon McCall could convince him to do us a favour for the last few month of the season.

However also, he could go to pretty much any club below Falkirk, so it’s a bit pie in the sky.

I don't know if he'd drop to that level he could easily play for most league 1 clubs plus any club taking him would probably need to pay his wages as we aren't flush with cash. FWIW I don't see him moving. All it would take is an injury to MacIver and/or Shanley and he's needed. 

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Reece Lyon being sniffed about by FT teams....😭

Would take him at accies. Been a standout for Kelty in both games against us recently. Watched the league 1 playoff on Alba last season and he was definitely one of the standouts for Annan. Good player and I think at some point he will go to a FT club. 

7 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Although i do agree with you. I think this takes things down the route of "who would you clear out" rather than who would be the obvious candidates to go. Last year, it was clear by January that Danny Burns wasn't wanted by Young and it was the case, however I don't see that in the current squad. Maybe that's down to the injury list and having a small squad, but if you were to say now....who will be the next player to leave he club....I wouldn't have a clue.

As for, who would I show the door too....2 of the players you mentioned would be on my list, and I would also have to say that, after having high hopes for them early doors, both of our main summer signings are flattering to deceive a little and we really need to demand more out of them.

BB_Bino i totally get what you say & respect your opinion 👏 

I agree with how you summed up the Danny Burns point...I'm not trying to get rid of Dunsy as i don't think he's a natural full back & it's unfair to judge him on that, he has filled in quite a few roles for us this last year & this year, in the 2nd division we could get away with it, however in the 1st division teams are alot more savvy & clinical..... Cammy was dodgy in the 2nd division,, we saw that with the signing of Flynn Duffy to fill in this position... I'm unsure if DY saw Ewan Wilson as the replacement for Cammy when getting him on loan from Motherwell, but it seems clear that he doesn't see that now...hence our new signing Callum Crane,, hopefully this will prove to be a solid replacement at left back.. We started the season with Thompson as only contracted player...if he remained unsigned I'd have let him go, he's too slow,,did a great job for us,but i believe his standard is also 2nd division,, Milne seems a bit lightweight,,doesn't tackle lacks a bit of dig,, Hilson has been stop start..we have had horrendous injuries this year, hopefully Davidson will be back soon, we really miss him,, Spence is back too this month & always puts a shift in...here's hoping for a good January 👍 

On 01/01/2024 at 19:23, CoveRangers1922 said:

Rio Davidson-Phipps leaves Cove. Pretty sure he signed a 1 year deal on 6th August, played against Falkirk on 12th of the same month and was never present in another match day squad even when we couldn't fill a bench.

Screenshot_20240101_191516_X.jpg

His name is Rio and he watches from the stands

I've just seen Frankie Deane has signed for Edinburgh City quite a good signing that for them. Wonder if he's getting paid anything? It would Be nice if they were a couple of Ex professionals who went in and helped Edinburgh with the situation they are in. 

17 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

BB_Bino i totally get what you say & respect your opinion 👏 

I agree with how you summed up the Danny Burns point...I'm not trying to get rid of Dunsy as i don't think he's a natural full back & it's unfair to judge him on that, he has filled in quite a few roles for us this last year & this year, in the 2nd division we could get away with it, however in the 1st division teams are alot more savvy & clinical..... Cammy was dodgy in the 2nd division,, we saw that with the signing of Flynn Duffy to fill in this position... I'm unsure if DY saw Ewan Wilson as the replacement for Cammy when getting him on loan from Motherwell, but it seems clear that he doesn't see that now...hence our new signing Callum Crane,, hopefully this will prove to be a solid replacement at left back.. We started the season with Thompson as only contracted player...if he remained unsigned I'd have let him go, he's too slow,,did a great job for us,but i believe his standard is also 2nd division,, Milne seems a bit lightweight,,doesn't tackle lacks a bit of dig,, Hilson has been stop start..we have had horrendous injuries this year, hopefully Davidson will be back soon, we really miss him,, Spence is back too this month & always puts a shift in...here's hoping for a good January 👍 

Can't see anyone leaving.

Callum Crane wi hopefully make a difference..full back cover was an obvious gap at the beginning of the season. Dunsmore is a massive drop off from Geeks at right back.

Left Back we started with only Clark and no cover.....

I thonk our defence in general just isnt good enough at this level. Im not sure any of the centre halves lool like they belong in tbis league either.

they aren't getting much protection from the midfield though.

I think Hilson is only starting to get fit now. He looked way off the pace earlier in the season. Milne has been OK but no better than that. Davidson is a huge miss in the middle of the park.

I'd love one or two more in on loan but think we will be lucky to get one more.

Just a question for Annan Fans: I’ve just read that Michael Garrity is returning to Morton this month but our manager is thinking of whether to take him back just now or leave him on loan for the rest of the season, for the reasons he’s detailed in this link:

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenocktelegraph.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F24017695.morton-boss-dougie-imrie-january-transfer-window-update%2F

Would this be the Annan Fans’ assessment or does he do any tracking back or helping the team apart from his own qualities up front?

19 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Annan sign free agent defender Rico Quitongo. 

Rico had played as a triallist twice in December for Annan. 

Good to see Rico back playing after that injury last season.

I hope Annan find a way to stay up in the playoffs.

Finishing below Edinburgh City would be nothing short of a disgrace.

Accies officially sign Ben Williamson from Rangers permanently on a 18 month contract. According to Lanarkshire Live Accies are still looking to strengthen but there's no more expected this week. I personally still think there's going to be another 3 or 4 but they will also be departures in that as well. There's been inquiries for both Dario Zannata and Josh O'Brien for Loan moves wouldn't surprise me if both ended up at other league 1 clubs.

3 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Just a question for Annan Fans: I’ve just read that Michael Garrity is returning to Morton this month but our manager is thinking of whether to take him back just now or leave him on loan for the rest of the season, for the reasons he’s detailed in this link:

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenocktelegraph.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F24017695.morton-boss-dougie-imrie-january-transfer-window-update%2F

Would this be the Annan Fans’ assessment or does he do any tracking back or helping the team apart from his own qualities up front?

Disappointed with this news. Has been one of our few stand out players this season.  Not bothered about any perceived lack of tracking back as see him as a "final third" player myself. Only criticism I would levy at him is he sometimes attempts too many times to beat players. When you see him you'll know what I mean...

PS any chance of us having Lewis Strapp back then??

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Accies officially sign Ben Williamson from Rangers permanently on a 18 month contract. According to Lanarkshire Live Accies are still looking to strengthen but there's no more expected this week. I personally still think there's going to be another 3 or 4 but they will also be departures in that as well. There's been inquiries for both Dario Zannata and Josh O'Brien for Loan moves wouldn't surprise me if both ended up at other league 1 clubs.

Thought the Accies had 3 players lined up a couple weeks ago or have you been hoodwinked by your media guys’ spin.