January transfer window 2024

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

From where have Hamilton found the resources to fund a relatively high quality squad and make further additions? Their squad last season was utter dogshit too. 

From selling their academy players

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

From where have Hamilton found the resources to fund a relatively high quality squad and make further additions? Their squad last season was utter dogshit too. 

We have a new owner. 

On 01/01/2024 at 00:12, Ian Mcleod said:

Have to disagree with you there. Have you seen him play? He's a really good player who will do very well in this league was excellent at Raith and done OK at Dundee hasn't really worked out at Partick but he will be good in league 1

I think he might he a decent signing for Hamilton, but he definitely wasn’t excellent at Raith, and I doubt a single Rovers fan would even have him in the good category. 

He did score two goals against Hamilton, but that was all he managed for us, plus an assist against Arbroath, which in 17 games isn’t great for someone who played in advanced positions quite often. 

We also tried him further back, which I thought might suit him, as he buzzes around and gives the impression he can press and harangue opponents, but that didn’t work out either and games completely passed him by.

Don’t get me wrong, there could very well be something there, but he didn’t show it for Rovers. 

Mckay, Lawal and Allan will be the most likely to leave us this window. Allan and Lawal would be good additions for most teams in this league. We've done our business early with Shanley and Ross but hopefully we bring in some more quality especially if Morrison leaves.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mckay, Lawal and Allan will be the most likely to leave us this window. Allan and Lawal would be good additions for most teams in this league. We've done our business early with Shanley and Ross but hopefully we bring in some more quality especially if Morrison leaves.

I'd likely take Lawal and Allan. Hartley has a tendency/history to pick up a few from yourselves and I'd imagine he will show interest. 

We are short in several areas so could/should be a busy window. Who we take in and from where is a mystery going by our last attempts at recruitment.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

12 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'd likely take Lawal and Allan. Hartley has a tendency/history to pick up a few from yourselves and I'd imagine he will show interest. 

We are short in several areas so could/should be a busy window. Who we take in and from where is a mystery going by our last attempts at recruitment.

Any news on Burrell heading down south? Or you reckon he'll stay for the season.

3 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I think he might he a decent signing for Hamilton, but he definitely wasn’t excellent at Raith, and I doubt a single Rovers fan would even have him in the good category. 

He did score two goals against Hamilton, but that was all he managed for us, plus an assist against Arbroath, which in 17 games isn’t great for someone who played in advanced positions quite often. 

We also tried him further back, which I thought might suit him, as he buzzes around and gives the impression he can press and harangue opponents, but that didn’t work out either and games completely passed him by.

Don’t get me wrong, there could very well be something there, but he didn’t show it for Rovers. 

Fairs a bit surprised by that as he always did impress me when I seen him play for Raith.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any news on Burrell heading down south? Or you reckon he'll stay for the season.

Nothing yet. I'd be shocked if he hasn't got a move lined up already. Hartley did say he expects to keep him for the duration of the season but he's hit red hot form at the perfect time.

We won't make anything significant from the sale so it's in our best interest to keep him in my opinon. Keeping him won't aid us challenging for the title, that's long gone but it will help us secure a playoff spot.

Depending on the club and offer that he goes to, he might want away sooner which is only natural.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm not convinced Lawal and Allan will be allowed to leave. Do they need to be playing regular football? Yes but if we can't bring in better then there's no point letting these guys go. McKay might want to seek pastures new there's no chance he's displacing Lang or Donaldson and I'd even say Mackie is in front of him now. The way McGlynn was talking he's happy with the squad size and we don't have the money to bring in anyone who would enhance the squad, now we have everyone fit there will be someone sitting in the stand. Whatever happens with Morrison remains to be seen but it would be lunacy to sell him in this window especially for the pittance we'd get and when we are going for promotion.

Edited by ebobsboy

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Fairs a bit surprised by that as he always did impress me when I seen him play for Raith.

In fairness, I think Arbroath fans were very impressed by him, so maybe he played a slightly different role or Dick Campbell got more from him, so I still expect him to do well for Accies 

3 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

In fairness, I think Arbroath fans were very impressed by him, so maybe he played a slightly different role or Dick Campbell got more from him, so I still expect him to do well for Accies 

Yeah I think he was liked by Dundee fans as well. You would hope that a guy who played 24 league games last season for the team who won the championship should be able to do a job in league 1. 

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm not convinced Lawal and Allan will be allowed to leave. Do they need to be playing regular football? Yes but if we can't bring in better then there's no point letting these guys go. McKay might want to seek pastures new there's no chance he's displacing Lang or Donaldson and I'd even say Mackie is in front of him now. The way McGlynn was talking he's happy with the squad size and we don't have the money to bring in anyone who would enhance the squad, now we have everyone fit there will be someone sitting in the stand. Whatever happens with Morrison remains to be seen but it would be lunacy to sell him in this window especially for the pittance we'd get and when we are going for promotion.

Mackie coming on ahead of him at RB when we played Annan pretty much confirms that he's not getting any more minutes for us without us having a terrible injury crisis in defence imo

On 01/01/2024 at 12:25, BB_Bino said:

Callum Crane has also joined ourselves. It was announced just before Christmas and he can play from today of course

https://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/callum-crane-new-signing/

No other news of comings or goings, however Darren Young has said that he would like to boost the squad with 1 or 2.

Total speculating, but there’s nobody that I would say would be an obvious leaver, so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see nobody leave, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 of the youngsters going out on loan.

After Saturday there is a few that would get punted...absolutely garbage defending....Dunsy isn't a natural full back but he was awful, Cammy is just permanently awful & Lewis Milne doesn't show up in the bigger games,,hasn't put a tackle in all season,,had high hopes when we signed but not convinced 

16 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

After Saturday there is a few that would get punted...absolutely garbage defending....Dunsy isn't a natural full back but he was awful, Cammy is just permanently awful & Lewis Milne doesn't show up in the bigger games,,hasn't put a tackle in all season,,had high hopes when we signed but not convinced 

Although i do agree with you. I think this takes things down the route of "who would you clear out" rather than who would be the obvious candidates to go. Last year, it was clear by January that Danny Burns wasn't wanted by Young and it was the case, however I don't see that in the current squad. Maybe that's down to the injury list and having a small squad, but if you were to say now....who will be the next player to leave he club....I wouldn't have a clue.

As for, who would I show the door too....2 of the players you mentioned would be on my list, and I would also have to say that, after having high hopes for them early doors, both of our main summer signings are flattering to deceive a little and we really need to demand more out of them.

On 31/12/2023 at 22:24, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh City: Out: Innes Murray (Arbroath), Ryan Shanley (Falkirk), Lee Hamilton (Clyde), Russell McLean (Bo'ness United), Robbie Leitch (Clyde), Danny Handling (Brechin City), Tamthebam (free to a good home) 

ETA: Kyle Jacobs (Stenny) 
 In: Kenny Fisher (Westside Amateurs), Ousman See (Love Island) 

Also Lewis Spence to East Kilbride