January transfer window 2024

30 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-make-audacious-swoop-31888191

This is coming across to me as very bad paper talk. Would be extremely shocked if any of these deals were to happen. Would be happy to be proven wrong.

You’re so shocked that you’ve posted it on three different threads! Pish patter. 

5 minutes ago, StuartA said:

You’re so shocked that you’ve posted it on three different threads! Pish patter. 

Even if it is a load of rubbish let's be honest it is. It's still Accies news, Falkirk related news and transfer news. also it was posted on the Accies thread and I did comment on it however it wasn't me who originally posted it. 

20 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Jamie Walker signs full time contract with Dundalk , not someone I'm happy with leaving as a great wee left back but can't halt progress , wonder if we got a fee for him 

100% a fee involved Kelheart. He'd signed till the summer with us.

15 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Hamilton Accies are set to sign Jake Hastie 

Should be a good signing for the club, but another of those players that probably should have gone on to have a better career than he ultimately did

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

The fact he's an ex Paul Hartley signing is a massive red flag.

Yeah I'm not overly happy with it myself. I honestly don't think he's much better than someone Like Dario Zannata who the club are trying to get rid of. I would have much rather we signed Hylton who we were linked with a couple of weeks ago. It's only originally a loan so if he's rotten we'll only have to deal with him for 6 months.

Hastie was decent at Motherwell, but his career has kind of petered out. He should be a decent signing for league 1 level you'd think. As for Hylton I don't think many will touch him after having a rammy on the park with a team mate. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Special thanks to Hamilton for making this deal possible.

Perhaps McGlynn will get more out of him than we could but not a great achiever for us and frees up a wage for someone else.

3 hours ago, Accie1 said:

Perhaps McGlynn will get more out of him than we could but not a great achiever for us and frees up a wage for someone else.

Underachieving is an Accies benchmark according to some of your fans.

Any update on the 3 players your management alleged were signing in first week of window that rest of us would have wanted?
If two them were Williamson & Kirk then JR is prone to some exaggeration I suggest 🤔

15 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Underachieving is an Accies benchmark according to some of your fans.

Any update on the 3 players your management alleged were signing in first week of window that rest of us would have wanted?
If two them were Williamson & Kirk then JR is prone to some exaggeration I suggest 🤔

I would much rather have Ben Williamson than Dylan Tait that's for sure. Kirk looks a good player but I don't really understand why we've signed him as we already have a couple of young strikers and probably needed a more experienced striker like a Zak Rudden. And Hastie doesn't really impress me either but I'm prepared to give him a chance. They will be more coming in as they will be more going out. You fancy anymore Accies rejects? Joel Mumbongo is available!

1 minute ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I would much rather have Ben Williamson than Dylan Tait that's for sure. Kirk looks a good player but I don't really understand why we've signed him as we already have a couple of young strikers and probably needed a more experienced striker like a Zak Rudden. And Hastie doesn't really impress me either but I'm prepared to give him a chance. They will be more coming in as they will be more going out. You fancy anymore Accies rejects? Joel Mumbongo is available!

Forgot about Hastie - guess that’s your 3 given alleged cash flow challenges.

1 minute ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Whats your midfield going to be for the next couple games with Williamson suspended, martin injured and tait away?

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Whats your midfield going to be for the next couple games with Williamson suspended, martin injured and tait away?

Probably Macdonald,Barjonas and Hewitt. But I would expect to see another midfielder signed soon.