January transfer window 2024

Might aswell start a thread. You all know the drill, any incomings/outgoings at your club. 

Falkirk had already extended Ethan Ross loan from Raith to end of season and have signed Ryan Shanley from Edinburgh City on a six month deal with a year option.

No outgoings (as yet)

2 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Ben Williamson is set to sign for Accies I would expect that signing to be announced in the next 24 hours.

Strong signing that. Thought he did well in Championship games I watched him in. Covers the ground well, good strength and decent distribution.

Has the rumour of Jermaine Hylton joining Accies got any merit to it?

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Strong signing that. Thought he did well in Championship games I watched him in. Covers the ground well, good strength and decent distribution.

Has the rumour of Jermaine Hylton joining Accies got any merit to it?

Yeah he's always impressed me done really well with Raith scored a double against us before as well. Done well with Dundee as well. Seems like it's not really worked out at Partick. Think it will be an excellent signing in League 1 though. I've not heard the Jermaine Hylton rumour tbh that's news to me. 

Edinburgh City: Out: Innes Murray (Arbroath), Ryan Shanley (Falkirk), Lee Hamilton (Clyde), Russell McLean (Bo'ness United), Robbie Leitch (Clyde), Danny Handling (Brechin City), Tamthebam (free to a good home) 

ETA: Kyle Jacobs (Stenny) 
 In: Kenny Fisher (Westside Amateurs), Ousman See (Love Island) 

Edited by tamthebam

19 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Not the sort of signing that inspires tbh…a bit StephenHendrieesque.

Have to disagree with you there. Have you seen him play? He's a really good player who will do very well in this league was excellent at Raith and done OK at Dundee hasn't really worked out at Partick but he will be good in league 1

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh City: Out: Innes Murray (Arbroath), Ryan Shanley (Falkirk), Lee Hamilton (Clyde), Russell McLean (Bo'ness United), Robbie Leitch (Clyde), Danny Handling (Brechin City), Tamthebam (free to a good home) 

ETA: Kyle Jacobs (Stenny) 
 In: Kenny Fisher (Westside Amateurs), Ousman See (Love Island) 

Callum Crane has also joined ourselves. It was announced just before Christmas and he can play from today of course

https://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/callum-crane-new-signing/

No other news of comings or goings, however Darren Young has said that he would like to boost the squad with 1 or 2.

Total speculating, but there’s nobody that I would say would be an obvious leaver, so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see nobody leave, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 of the youngsters going out on loan.

12 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Have to disagree with you there. Have you seen him play? He's a really good player who will do very well in this league was excellent at Raith and done OK at Dundee hasn't really worked out at Partick but he will be good in league 1

Definitely a decent addition especially with Martin out injured but he's not going to win you games like a Conor Smith for example.

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Definitely a decent addition especially with Martin out injured but he's not going to win you games like a Conor Smith for example.

He's maybe not Connor Smith level but I still think he's a lot better than the options we've got in midfield excluding Martin. He's a much better option than a Dylan Tait/Mikey Hewitt. I would say he's on a similar level to Kyle Macdonald/Jamie Barjonas probably better. 

Rio Davidson-Phipps leaves Cove. Pretty sure he signed a 1 year deal on 6th August, played against Falkirk on 12th of the same month and was never present in another match day squad even when we couldn't fill a bench.

Screenshot_20240101_191516_X.jpg

From where have Hamilton found the resources to fund a relatively high quality squad and make further additions? Their squad last season was utter dogshit too.