January transfer window 2024

15 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Hearts striker Makenzie Kirk is set to sign a new contract at Hearts before joining Accies on loan 

This has now been confirmed by Lanarkshire Live as a done deal. 

46 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

If you are an Accies fan you have got to be pleased with the investment by the new owner, the quality of the recruitment by large and the points tally so far. Latter could be higher but in general its positive even with Rankin at the helm. Stark difference from last season in many respects.

Still might not win the title, this year,  but have assembled a side that will have a realistic chance in the playoffs regardless of the Championship team who finishes 9th.

Accies squad seems overloaded in certain areas so I'm expecting a few outbound. What are your thoughts?

I'm sure a few of our fringe players will attract L1 interest 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

32 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Was a rumour we were wanting him before we signed Shanley, from watching the Hearts B team he looks technically good but not very physical.

Plenty of him in the below, excellent second goal from him around 8:45 minutes in. 

40 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

If you are an Accies fan you have got to be pleased with the investment by the new owner, the quality of the recruitment by large and the points tally so far. Latter could be higher but in general its positive even with Rankin at the helm. Stark difference from last season in many respects.

Still might not win the title, this year,  but have assembled a side that will have a realistic chance in the playoffs regardless of the Championship team who finishes 9th.

Accies squad seems overloaded in certain areas so I'm expecting a few outbound. What are your thoughts?

I'm sure a few of our fringe players will attract L1 interest 

Yeah I think that's a fair very and good assessment. The new owner has far more ambition than the former board. The recruitment has been so much better than past seasons where we have signed complete dross and hoped for the best and have left the signings far too late so we end up with panic signings and guys nobody else wanted. We are still looking to bring more players in I would still expect to see another attacker come in as well as another midfielder potentially a center half depending on what happens with Fergus Owens who's at Kelty on loan currently but like you mentioned they will be departures as well the board have said they has been enquiries for a loan move for both Dario Zannata and Josh O'Brien like I said a couple of days ago wouldn't surprise me if both ended up at fellow league 1 clubs I still think there will be 1 probably 2 others who will leave. I would expect that either Joel Mumbongo or Joe McGlynn will leave as well however I would much rather it be Mumbongo as McGlynn is a good player but doesn't seem to be liked by Rankin a bit similar to the O'Brien situation however Mumbongo is absolutely rotten and if he does goes elsewhere I feel sorry for the team who ends up with him genuinely one of the worst players I've ever seen. I think they'll might be 1 more as well who ends up leaving and we'll end the window with 4 in and 4 out. 

20 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Any truth in rumour that O’Hara swap deal with Dom Thomas?

That's no even a swap it's a rip off but I'll tip my cap if Accies pull that out the bag if there's any truth in it. Transfer windows always remind me of the time Alex McLeish then Motherwell manager gave us £100k plus Steve Kirk and Paul McGrillen (rip) for Eddie May. Outstanding business for us but wtf McLeish was thinking about only he knows. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

That's no even a swap it's a rip off but I'll tip my cap if Accies pull that out the bag if there's any truth in it. Transfer windows always remind me of the time Alex McLeish then Motherwell manager gave us £100k plus Steve Kirk and Paul McGrillen (rip) for Eddie May. Outstanding business for us but wtf McLeish was thinking about only he knows. 

There's no truth in it. Nothing other than a Falkirk fan making up a fake transfer rumour. 

22 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

That would be like swapping Susan Boyle for Rihanna. 

I'd rather have Susan Boyle at left back  than Cammy Clark 

Edited by Beepee67
Pronunciation

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Fergus Owens has now returned from his loan at Kelty quite happy about this should have never have been allowed in the first place hoping he starts tomorrow 

Did very well for us! Potential there for sure.

Kieran Offord signs on loan until the end of the season. Not a player I know personally, but a quick Google search shows that he is a Striker, with previous Loan experience at East Stirlingshire (13 goals in 18 games), Alloa ( 3 goals in 13 games) and earlier this season at Edinburgh City where he scored 2 goals in 19 games.

Anyone, shed any light on how they think he will do for us??