Arbroath v Ayr battle for the bottom

54 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If anyone on here knows the Arbroath commentator personally, can you ask him to stop calling the post the ‘beans on toast.’ I find it exceptionally grating.

Cheers. 

It is very cheesy

47 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If anyone on here knows the Arbroath commentator personally, can you ask him to stop calling the post the ‘beans on toast.’ I find it exceptionally grating.

Cheers. 

Add "the Dawn French" to that list.

The whole point of rhyming slang is that you don;t say the rhyming word.

4 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

It is always Ayr isn't it?  Clear west coast bias at the SPFL.

Lee Bullen is trying his hardest to eradicate the notion of west coast bias by removing west coast teams from professional football tbf.

Can’t remember seeing it mentioned here - but having just watching the highlights - the ref blowing for an Ayr foul as Dowds is shaping up to take a shot in the box is criminal refereeing.

On 14/01/2024 at 16:15, oneteaminglasgow said:

Cheers. 

Agreed. However I believe we are coming to the same conclusion from different angles. Partick fan, aye? “Everyone worth their salt knows that only avocado goes with toast” type post imo.

The wind has died down and we just have monsoon conditions. 

The wind is forecast to pick up again at 6pm which is worrying. It leads to the scenario of a ref standing in the centre circle at 7:15 throwing a ball in the air and it landing in Tescos car park. Only then to decide the game should maybe not go ahead. 

Some of my favourite football memories are of games played in abysmal conditions at Somerset Park, but would agree that an early decision would only be fair on the Arbroath fans.

8 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Torrential rain now. Gale force winds forecast for this evening. No statement from AFC or Ayr. How about some respect for the fans?

Sorry, club are still in the huff with our fans because we were not happy with their pal.  They did it, but they are not talking to us.  

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

Some of my favourite football memories are of games played in abysmal conditions at Somerset Park, but would agree that an early decision would only be fair on the Arbroath fans.

The 4-4 draw against Dumbarton on Christmas Eve 2016 was some laugh tbf

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

Mark Kerr strolling it at centre back before Dick Campbell shat it and got the game called off at half time.

14 minutes ago, Iain said:

Some of my favourite football memories are of games played in abysmal conditions at Somerset Park

There's no way Alex Williams pings in a 25-yard daisy cutter when there is a tornado warning tbf.

Hats off to all the Ayr fans. Not read a single post along the lines of “Arbroath will definitely want this on as they play in *a wind tunnel/hurricane/gale/storm every week so this would give them a huge advantage”.

* delete as appropriate… or use all if from the BBC.

Edited by Tattie36