Arbroath v Ayr battle for the bottom

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

The game last year was a joke Dempsey tried to take pen about 15 times before the ball stayed still the wind will be worse tonight by all accountsv

Pathetic that game was allowed to go ahead. Also don't think it was an actual storm and trains being cancelled. 

If it had been Dundee United, the league would have cancelled it days ago.   

Scotrail have cancelled all their trains tonight, everyone is being warned not to travel, and yet by the sounds of it, the authorities are expecting us to travel down there.  Shameful stuff.

The “we are keen” just put them in a hole. It looks like they are trying to influence the decision. There are plenty of people who want to pay in to the fixture that aren’t “keen” for it to go ahead in this weather. 

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

I was planning to leave around 2:30, and I suspect that others are in the same situation. Exactly when is this decision expected?

Likewise - utterly farcical. I'm now hoping the game is called off before I have to leave Glasgow for Ayr - 6ish, and it's 'just' a 5 hour return trip to Glasgow for nothing..... :blink: 

1 minute ago, SimonLichtie said:

Likewise - utterly farcical. I'm now hoping the game is called off before I have to leave Glasgow for Ayr - 6ish, and it's 'just' a 5 hour return trip to Glasgow for nothing..... :blink: 

Hope you're not planning on going by train...

If this is played and we win then the seethe will be tremendous, and I'm all for seethe. 

If it's played and we lose then we only have ourselves to blame. 

The latter is far more likely.

33 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If it had been Dundee United, the league would have cancelled it days ago.   

Scotrail have cancelled all their trains tonight, everyone is being warned not to travel, and yet by the sounds of it, the authorities are expecting us to travel down there.  Shameful stuff.

If the rest of the country followed scotrails example in getting the job done then then nothing would ever go ahead 

Just now, Ex Machina said:

That's absolutely shite from the club, especially with the conditions and distance Arbroath will be travelling. 

Aye. I feel it's inevitable the ref will call it off when he gets here. If so then it's shite for fans paying for petrol and driving in dangerous conditions. Clubs don't give a fck about fans 

The only logical solution here is that Arbroath have to forfeit the game.

Should have travelled down yesterday and stayed over if worried about travel. Really tinpot stuff.

It's a bit of wind FS.