🟠⚫️ Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic ⚫️⚪️

We may eventually be forced to play a game of football again, which is hugely distressing after a couple of weeks blissfully free from injury-related shambles.

Our last performance at QP was certainly one of our worst of the season and we’ll need to be miles better if we are to even be competitive at Tannadice.

Would rip your arm off for a point but feel we’ll be looking at a two or three goal defeat here.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

• Cardle is Magic changed the title to 🟠⚫️ Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic ⚫️⚪️

Tough ask but never say never. Dundee Utd clear favourites but at the end of the day it’s 11 v 11.

Hopefully we’ll have Otoo, Fisher, McCann back for this one, plus new signing Fagan-Walcott and who knows, maybe another new face. The thought of Otoo or Hammy being able to play in the middle is great, hopefully both can be playing together in the middle in the not so distant future.

The signing of Wotherspoon for Utd is a big one. Obviously we had our fling with him in the summer and after all the pissing about he ended up going to Inverness. He showed in his short stint there just how good he is. I think he’ll add that quality and composure to them going forward.

I’m not expecting much from this one, would bite your hand off for another point but I think it’ll be a tough ask.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

Have Dunfermline fans found out that McPake is a pretty shite manager yet or are there still some believers out there?

In fairness to James McPake, in the 20 or so months that he’s been in charge he’s done very little to bother us or give off that he’s a “pretty shite manager”. 

Won league one at a canter in his first season in charge. This season his hands have been tied with injuries, even still we were competing and sitting in the playoffs until very recently when the injuries got to an all time high (or low). This season the objective was to stay in the division and have more of a challenge next season. As I say, we were in 4th up until about a fortnight ago so none of us are losing sleep over him as a manager.

Recruitment could have been a bit better, and yes he does seem to go for a lot of players he’s previously worked for but don’t a lot of managers in Scotland do the same with restrictive budgets? 

46 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Have Dunfermline fans found out that McPake is a pretty shite manager yet or are there still some believers out there?

He certainly gets right under the skin of United fans anyway. You lot are absolutely obsessed with the guy.

54 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Not sure why we would think he's shite. Got us promotion in his first season up against Falkirk for the title. Got us competitive in the league above despite the worst injury crisis possibly in the history of our club. 

The team is well organised, the attacking set-up could do with some work but willing to give him time to sort that out.

If I was a United fan I would be more concerned at my own manager making such hard work of a one-horse title race tbh.

Embarrassing exits from all three cup competitions as well. Going to be some hugely difficult decisions to take in the summer if United bottle this simplest of title wins.

37 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He certainly gets right under the skin of United fans anyway. You lot are absolutely obsessed with the guy.

It's understandable, he scored the last minute equaliser that sent them onto their 'downward spiral', from which they will probably never recover from.

image.png.d4c79ea50e31ac87ee82a0d5df705ee1.png

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If I was a United fan I would be more concerned at my own manager making such hard work of a one-horse title race tbh.

I am (and have been since he arrived) concerned. Goodwin is a shit manager as well. Him winning the league is the pretty much the equivalent of McPake winning league one with Dunfermline. Neither are particularly praise worthy achievements imo. 

Dundee fans white knighting McPake is pretty funny as well. 

I must admit, slagging off Goodwin for only being top of the Championship on goal difference with a game in hand while simultaneously creaming your pants over McPake winning League One is...bold, let's say that.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That's three believers so far. None so blind as those who can't see, I guess.

I'd be more concerned about your team and manager making a total c*nt of this league so far.

Dundee United, with the money they have been spending, shouldn't be drawing any games in this league, never mind losing. Yet, you are in a genuine battle with Raith Rovers  absolute minter for you.

McPake has been absolutely sound as Dunfermline manager. A bit disappointing to lose the cup and league games to Raith, but he has been devastated by ridiculous amounts of injuries. The spine of the squad (Bene, Todd, McCann) has been missing for the majority of the season. Not to mention KRH. I was so looking forward to seeing Todd and KRH in this league (they are the two younger ones with the biggest potential IMO) but we've been robbed of the chance. 

Anyway, we'll probably lose this, but the two league games between us have been decent affairs and we were quite unlucky not to take anything from the one at EEP. Maybe a couple more signings in before the game and fitness is growing in the injured players could be key for us. Hope springs eternal.