🟠⚫️ Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic ⚫️⚪️

I enjoyed the game, watched a decent steam on the firestick. Thought Dundee Utd had plenty of the ball which is what I expected, but they didn’t really do much with it (until stoppage time where they could have had three).

Thought we looked a bit more like last season, hard to beat but could catch you on the break and get a goal. Unfortunately we’re still missing the legs of Matty Todd amongst others to help with that.

When you look at that Utd squad it certainly concerned me, coming off a three week break still missing players I was worried it could be rabbit in the headlights if we conceded early but after the first quarter of an hour I thought we looked quite good even if Dundee Utd had a lot of the ball.

Thought Fagan-Walcott looked tasty for his first game, didn’t put a foot wrong and got better as we went. A solid acquisition, let’s hope it continues. 

Thought Fisher and Otoo were really good and played really maturely. Edwards and MOH put in a decent shift, the former with that outstanding clearance on the line with the last kick of the ball. Got to remember MOH isn’t a wing back, so he deserves a bit of slack. He put plenty balls into the box but unfortunately right at a Utd defender.

Great to see Hammy back in the middle of the park, played well. Actually forgot he played there since it was late October the last time he would have featured there. Chalmers didn’t see much of the ball but did get a bit more stuck in. Thought Summers done well on the ball but there’s something about him, he looks unfit, I don’t mean injured but like he could do with a bit more time in the gym. He might just be that bit slower and he could be carrying something but he seems to lack a bit of sharpness. Moffat didn’t have much involvement and McCann wasn’t great, he isn’t the man for the loan striker.

Last but not least, Deniz. I’ve been unimpressed with him at times this season, he’s a big confidence player and if its not going well he’s prone to chucking one in but he made some crucial saves, especially late on in injury time.

Looking at Raith’s collapse I can’t see anything but a Dundee Utd win even if they keep dropping points here and there. Even looking at their bench, guys like Moult, Cudjoe and Mochrie.

Heeeeeeuge game next week for us against high flying Morton at East End.

Did an excellent pub crawl pre match.

Went to Nether Inn, Groucho's, Trades, Old Bank Bar, Wetherspoons, The Snug, Bowbridge and Halleys (cash only!).

Refused service at Bank Bar after the game (not me, wasn't my round, a member of our party) do decanted to Star and Garter. Plan was to stay there for just one but met some Dundonian lads (two Arabs and a Dee) who were so sound we stayed there until my pals had to leave for the train. 

Really good day.

Anway, I thought our fans were much better today than in previous games. Lots of singing, really positive towards the team, lots of applause and much more forgiving of errors. Last 20 minutes thought our support was excellent, with loads of songs and encouragement. Can't mind the last time I came away from a game slightly hoarse.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anway, I thought our fans were much better today than in previous games. Lots of singing, really positive towards the team, lots of applause and much more forgiving of errors. Last 20 minutes thought our support was excellent, with loads of songs and encouragement. Can't mind the last time I came away from a game slightly hoarse.

Amazing what a bit of fight and togetherness will do. I’d say the players and coaching staff will probably breathe a little easier tonight. A lot to do but a good platform to build on now.

Another thing about Goodwin's rage about us enjoying a draw: his team worth millions were celebrating like f*ck after getting a last gap equaliser to draw the first encounter at Tannadice.

First time watching the highlights in forever, thought our defence was back to looking strong, well organised and resolute which is really pleasing to see. I wonder if the three week break has allowed the coaching staff to really get back to basics and get more clean sheets on the board.

McCann as folk said at the time had some great chances I'm sure he could have done better with. But it was also good to see Summers and Hamilton take on some longer range shots as we have been prone to trying to walk the ball into the net recently.

One thing that struck me watching United was they seemed pretty slow and one paced, I thought the same in the game up at Inverness, but when Chalmers is running through your team then you know you're struggling.

12 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Another thing about Goodwin's rage about us enjoying a draw: his team worth millions were celebrating like f*ck after getting a last gap equaliser to draw the first encounter at Tannadice.

Worth millions? Think you're going to have to show your workings there, champ

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Groucho's

I was in the van last night and sat outside there at the lights. There were three lassies out having a fag (and tanning a bottle from their bag) and here is Leo doing what I done when the dark haired one in hot pants caught eye contact with me and started dancing.

Oh My God Omg GIF

26 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Really? If that was genuinely intended as a joke then you might want to rethink your relationship with humour.

He should've said 'millions in debt while paying Tony 4k a week', that would've been funnier. IMO.

Thank you.

On 27/01/2024 at 20:40, DA Baracus said:

Shockingly we had no injuries today! 

I must admit I almost shat it when Otoo stayed down in the box right in front of us holding his knee. In fact anytime one of our guys hits the deck I’m almost making buttons. (Maybe it’s an age thing tho)