🟠⚫️ Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic ⚫️⚪️

You’ll find the team we put out on Saturday will not be much different to the first game up there when the Arabs scraped a draw 

think we can get something again. If nothing else the lads will be fresh and keen for a game 

Edited by Well over Par

Going along to this. Glad we finally have a game!

Be interesting to see what team we put out and looking forward to see what Fagan-Walcott has to offer.

At long last it looks like the Pars are actually going to play a game of football today.
Playing against one of the most likely championship contenders will be a good opportunity for our well rested players to prove their determination, and pull themselves out of this backward slide we are currently in. 
not getting beat will be a fantastic result for us, and hopefully our shiny new defender will help with that.
IMO keeping a respectable scoreline will be a huge plus for us, my heart hopes for a draw at best, but I fear we could lose this by two or three today. 
thoughts? 

11 minutes ago, Wacky said:

At long last it looks like the Pars are actually going to play a game of football today.
Playing against one of the most likely championship contenders will be a good opportunity for our well rested players to prove their determination, and pull themselves out of this backward slide we are currently in. 
not getting beat will be a fantastic result for us, and hopefully our shiny new defender will help with that.
IMO keeping a respectable scoreline will be a huge plus for us, my heart hopes for a draw at best, but I fear we could lose this by two or three today. 
thoughts? 

3-0 United, Wotherspoon and Mochrie to come off the bench and score a goal each, and Rudden to score the winner for Raith v Inverness. Pessimist, me? 

Absolutely no idea today. We've some players back and others rested for a few weeks. But it's near impossible to know if we will turn up and play how we can, or will be as bad as we can. Will having not played a competitive match for weeks be a factor?

I couldn't predict this until after the first 15min has been played...

3 points and no further injuries. 

2 0 Pars, we come flying out, Wighton after 3 minutes then a late 2nd from Edwards sends the Pars fans home dreaming of another famous Tannadice victory.

If we play with that spirit and togetherness we had last year then there’s no reason we can’t cause a bit of a shock, but still a lot of those guys are missing still. Of course if I was a betting man I’d say home win but it’s not Celtic Park we’re going to. Two league games have been close this season, especially up at Tannadice.

McPake has been fairly quiet one actually saying who’s back and available and who’s not, probably sick of doing it because when he does someone gets injured again. I felt a bit brighter about the team since the QP game three weeks ago but it’s still fairly threadbare. 

I reckon it’ll be something like this…

Mehmet, Fisher, Hammy, MFW, MOH, Edwards, Summers, Chalmers, Otoo, Moffat, Wighton.

3-5-2, Moffat just playing off Wighton. Can’t see McCann starting but on the bench hopefully. Little, Fenton, Allan, McCann, Sutherland brothers. Still a pretty poor bench.

Still to come back - Bene, Breen, Comrie, Todd, Tod, KRH, Jakubiak. I reckon if we had everyone fit then 6 out of 7 of those start.

Head says a pasting, heart says a 90th minute winner in off Mark Kerr’s arse.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Think we’ll line up with:

Mehmet

Fisher
Fagan-Walcott
Otoo

O’Halloran
Hamilton
Chalmers
Edwards

Summers

McCann
Wighton

Allan, Moffat, Fenton, Young, Little will all be on the bench.

I think, much like the majority of the season, we’ll be fairly resolute defensively. But we just don’t have that cutting edge up top. As we’ve seen (many times) as well, the defence can only deal with so much pressure, something has to give eventually and when we’re struggling to score, it only takes one goal to beat us.

We really miss the energy/creativity of Todd and KRH and, unfortunately, that’s just how it is. Nobody can offer something on a consistent basis. Moffat, Summers and McCann all had decent performances, but all struggle to keep that momentum going, after a good game.

United will win this, simply because they’re set up to win games and, with the players at their disposal, they have much better options. I think we’ll put in a respectable performance and get the whole “that team’s too good to go down” nonsense. But you need a bit of consistency to guarantee safety and we just don’t have that.

Obviously hope I’m wrong and we get a win.

edited to remove Jakubiak. Forgot he was injured.

Edited by CallumPar

Morton beat them at Tannadice. Of course we have a chance, especially now a few faces are back from injury. We are nowhere near the dire situation we were in at the start of the month, thank f*ck. But given our luck this season, we'll no doubt lose a last minute goal and end up with 3 defenders getting injured. We are also light of options to bring off the bench to change it up. 

If we lose, come away with no injuries and teams around us drop points, that'll not be a disaster. 

34 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Think we’ll line up with:

Mehmet

Fisher
Fagan-Walcott
Otoo

O’Halloran
Hamilton
Chalmers
Edwards

Summers

McCann
Jakubiak

Allan, Wighton, Moffat, Fenton, Young, Little will all be on the bench.

I think, much like the majority of the season, we’ll be fairly resolute defensively. But we just don’t have that cutting edge up top. As we’ve seen (many times) as well, the defence can only deal with so much pressure, something has to give eventually and when we’re struggling to score, it only takes one goal to beat us.

We really miss the energy/creativity of Todd and KRH and, unfortunately, that’s just how it is. Nobody can offer something on a consistent basis. Moffat, Summers and McCann all had decent performances, but all struggle to keep that momentum going, after a good game.

United will win this, simply because they’re set up to win games and, with the players at their disposal, they have much better options. I think we’ll put in a respectable performance and get the whole “that team’s too good to go down” nonsense. But you need a bit of consistency to guarantee safety and we just don’t have that.

Obviously hope I’m wrong and we get a win.

Fairly sure Jakubiak won’t be available, great if he is.

19 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Walton
Grimshaw Graham Holt McMann
             Docherty Sibbald 
Kai F - Wotherspoon - Middleton 
                       Watt

Will be tight in the middle of the park with the line up from us and the Pars.

Hopefully a good contest.

Wotherspoon to score and Mochrie to come off the bench to secure it for United. Unsure if there will be a Mehmet clanger today*

*Well, a clanger that results in a simple goal. There most definitely will be howlers.