🟠⚫️ Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic ⚫️⚪️

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

McCann really does not have the quality for this level.

He's basically pish most games. He's a unit and can hit top speed rapido, but he can't trap or control a ball that well. He's not got a natural instinct regarding positional sense that most good strikers have. There is the fact he's still developing, but you can say that about a lot players. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

McCann really does not have the quality for this level.

Keep hoping he will find a vein of form and really bloom. Obviously just being back this week probably wasn't going to be great, so fingers crossed he can hit the goal run before the end of the season

No complaints today. It was mostly one way traffic and I thought we played okay without making too many chances. Dunfermline sat back and defended well. Just one of those days. 

Ref had an interesting one but it would be a stretch to say it greatly affected the game.

Good point and decent performance all things considered. 

On defensive front, excellent. Walcott looks decent and played well alongside Otoo. First clean sheet since November. Happy to let United gave the ball and delivered on the game plan. 

Thought Hamilton was excellent and helped compensate for a quieter Chalmers. MOH OK when running in a straight line forward, but suspect on the turn. 

McCann, Summers and Moffat all struggled but it's worth remembering United have by far best defensive record so very hard to go there and score.

But defensive options are taking shape if everyone stays fit. Not going to judge the attacking play too harshly given opposition and recent injuries. 

Some positives at last! 

Didn't get down for this one, but would have taken a point before the game. Sounds like we set up to be strong defensively and accomplished that. 

For folk who were there, what was the consensus on MFW? A clean sheet seems a decent sign but any insight would be appreciated

Just now, AuldReekie said:

On defensive front, excellent. Walcott looks decent and played well alongside Otoo. 

As if on cue!

Edited by Andriy_Parmolenko
added quote

3 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

For folk who were there, what was the consensus on MFW? A clean sheet seems a decent sign but any insight would be appreciated.

Looked good. Composed, tracked well, won some headers etc. Couple of times slightly off pace but that would be very picky and once he's had a couple of games, think he'll be excellent. 

2 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Didn't get down for this one, but would have taken a point before the game. Sounds like we set up to be strong defensively and accomplished that. 

For folk who were there, what was the consensus on MFW? A clean sheet seems a decent sign but any insight would be appreciated

As if on cue!

From a United perspective,  Fagan-Walcott was very good. A lot of our goals come from McMann and Middleton overlapping on the left and he coped with both admirably.

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

From a United perspective,  Fagan-Walcott was very good. A lot of our goals come from McMann and Middleton overlapping on the left and he coped with both admirably.

He was excellent to be honest, that is how you defend against a winger

Really enjoyed that today, we faired far better than I thought we would. 
MFW looked a bit nervous for the first 10/15 minutes but his confidence picked up after dealing with a couple of balls, he is going to be an important player for us. 
We desperately need a finisher though, I don’t think big Lewis is sharp enough to play as the one upfront. Chalmers hardly got a sniff at the ball in midfield, but IMO he gave a good account of himself helping out in defence. It was a really good team performance from us to hold Dundee to a draw. 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Really enjoyed that today, we faired far better than I thought we would. 
MFW looked a bit nervous for the first 10/15 minutes but his confidence picked up after dealing with a couple of balls, he is going to be an important player for us. 
We desperately need a finisher though, I don’t think big Lewis is sharp enough to play as the one upfront. Chalmers hardly got a sniff at the ball in midfield, but IMO he gave a good account of himself helping out in defence. It was a really good team performance from us to hold Dundee to a draw. 

Brace yourself.

Looking back at it, Deniz and Edwards have got us that point. Some save and an equally brilliant block to get the clean sheet. Up until then I genuinely never felt threatened by United. 

To Goodwin: yes, a team missing about 5 starters and not played in 3 weeks, whilst being on poor form, will celebrate a 0-0 draw away to the so-called Champions elite. What a banger of a man he is! 

Edited by DAFC.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

To Goodwin: yes, a team missing about 5 starters and not played in 3 weeks, whilst being on poor form, will celebrate a 0-0 draw away to the so-called Champions elite. What a banger of a man he is! 

I'm amazed he is still in a job. Slaver of a "coach".

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Looking back at it, Deniz and Edwards have got us that point. Some save and an equally brilliant block to get the clean sheet. Up until then I genuinely never felt threatened by United. 

Always be remembered for the Darvel result. Can't believe he got the Dundee United job after that. Useless clown of a man.