🟠⚫️ Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic ⚫️⚪️

We've done OK against United and Raith in the league yet only picked up one point from a possible 15. So if we do lose - which I expect we will - I can see it being close. Maybe a 1-0 or a 2-0 with the second being very late with us pushing for an equaliser (or being down to ten after yet more injuries). Willie Miller to be the reporter on Sportsound and give no information during the game. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Willie Miller to be the reporter on Sportsound and give no information during the game. 

He's an utter jonah for us when on 'commentary' duties.  I don't know if I'm imagining it but we seem to lose/draw loads of games when he is spluttering into the microphone.

50 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

He's an utter jonah for us when on 'commentary' duties.  I don't know if I'm imagining it but we seem to lose/draw loads of games when he is spluttering into the microphone.

In that case he could become a Pars legend within 90 minutes, but only for 90 minutes tae mind. 

Edited by Wacky

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

We've done OK against United and Raith in the league yet only picked up one point from a possible 15. So if we do lose - which I expect we will - I can see it being close. Maybe a 1-0 or a 2-0 with the second being very late with us pushing for an equaliser (or being down to ten after yet more injuries). Willie Miller to be the reporter on Sportsound and give no information during the game. 

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

12 minutes ago, Wacky said:

In that case he could become a Pars legend within 90 minutes, but only for 90 minutes tae mind. 

I believe he was the man on the mic when we drew up at Tannadice early in the season.

Random fact about Willie Miller, his son his a Pars fan. Imagine being a complete legend at Aberdeen and your own kid supporting Dunfermline of all teams... Something to do with Craig Robertson looking after his kids when he went to Aberdeen or something.

22 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Perhaps threatening players to dock wages if they don't rush back from injury isn't all that productive.

I haven't heard or read about this. Has McPake done this?

It all seems very 80's Jum McLean-esque. Which I wouldn't put past Mr McPake, tbh.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

I haven't heard or read about this. Has McPake done this?

It all seems very 80's Jum McLean-esque. Which I wouldn't put past Mr McPake, tbh.

It’s quite obviously bullshit.

Probably something @Alert Mongoose imagined when the chemist mixed up his dementia medication.

On 21/01/2024 at 19:27, Sarto Mutiny said:

Does anyone know if Dunfermline have any injuries? Their fans don't seem to be saying much about the matter

It doesn’t matter as we’ll find a way to have this postponed. And play it once we have some players back from injury, obvz.

Must admit to liking the surly, late night McPake and his zero tolerance approach to anyone who gets on his nerves.

On injuries though, he was in the media recently calling for mandatory periods of absence for players who have had head knocks. He has also sent a player home to spend time with family during injury rehab and gave one concert tickets. That’s the cuddly, daytime version of McPake.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

It doesn’t matter as we’ll find a way to have this postponed. And play it once we have some players back from injury, obvz.

Seen Dave McKay and Gary Monty putting the big hose into Mo Hutton’s van earlier. Collected a dozen barrels of high quality fife rain water that freezes at above freezing temperatures. If the Dundee weather isn’t bad enough, they’ll pump that onto the Tannadice pitch on Friday night. 

2 hours ago, par-adise said:

Best pubs on the way from the city centre up to Tannadice? It's a long and dry slog up that hill. 

1 - The Arctic Bar

2 - Craws

3 - The Ladywell Tavern

4 - Cookies

5 - The Troll Inn

If you make it to the game even a 4-0 defeat will seem like a relief.