Wasps Vs Bairns

38 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

not some sort of “free hit”...

Easy to see the free it if you look at Falkirk's return against other teams they've so far surrendered 1 point to Cove, Hamilton, Montrose, Queen of the South and Edinburgh. Taking maximum points from the other games. 

A loss means losing 1 point in competition with those other teams mentioned as I'm writing off a late run for the title. I'm sure we can agree a 27 point lead over the next 17 games is nigh on unreachable.

Gaining 3 points or two on Cove, Montrose, QoS and maybe Hamilton might be nice but like I said I'm not going to go home in gloom if we are still on 26 points on Saturday night. Far more important to take points off those teams who are in direct competition for places around. Those games are the cliched 6 pointers. So absolutely no pressure on us - I'd take another performance like we produced at Motherwell.

The pressure was never going to be on Alloa, in this division in every game we play it’s almost always on Falkirk as we are seen as favourites but if you don’t view this as a decent chance to accumulate valuable points (could well be the point or 3 points that get you into a play off spot come May) while we are having a wobble and you are on a run of decent form it really does seem a bit small time and defeatist to be honest. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Alloa haven’t lost in the league for 2 months. Their new manager will look at the last couple of Falkirk results and think they have a real chance. It’s only a “free hit” if he believed that losing didn’t matter. Hard to see that being the case. I expect a tough match.*

*but good beer - I like pubs in Alloa

I don’t really see the last 2 games as us having a so called wobble. We drew at Edinburgh because the manager made an absolute arse of team selection, once he righted this we won the second half 2 nil. That on Saturday, we tried to play our normal football game on a cow field and didn’t adapt our game or tactics to counter it.

If we lose on Saturday then I might buy into the wobble theory but I’m not yet.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don’t really see the last 2 games as us having a so called wobble. We drew at Edinburgh because the manager made an absolute arse of team selection, once he righted this we won the second half 2 nil. That on Saturday, we tried to play our normal football game on a cow’s field and didn’t adapt our game or tactics to counter it.

If we lose on Saturday then I might buy into the wobble theory but I’m not yet.

Given the standard we’d set, anything other than a win is seen as, or hoped by many, to be a wobble. I don’t think any Falkirk fan believed we’d go the whole season without some difficulty. We just need to keep fighting. 

Seems a general agreement that with us having a small wobble and Alloa improving then we'll see a much tighter contest than the previous games this season.

I'd go for our usual starting 11 but with a view bringing on folk like Ross, Tait and Shanley on early if we're still a bit flat. I'm starting to be disappointed with Agyemans impact so I'm hoping he can kick on.

18 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

After dishing out a couple of convincing pumpings to Alloa already this might be as good a chance for them to get something from us as they are ever likely to get after a couple of recent poor results on Falkirks part and Alloa seemingly in decent form under a new manager. Hopefully not obviously but any talk of the game being a “free hit” on Aloa’s part considering all the circumstances really does show a proper tin pot / defeatist mentality from both club and fans. 

Tin pot is being a full time team in a part time league for multiple seasons... 

I don't think the free hit comment is very far away from the truth. In reality we as a club are not looking to compete with Falkirk this year and if we can take 3 points then it's definitely a bonus but a loss isn't going to hurt too much. In reality we are competing with 7 teams in this division and the games that really matter are the teams around us in the table.

On 23/01/2024 at 17:03, printer said:

Unlikely as he picked up what is apparently a bad injury in the cup. Taggart (also injured on Saturday) and Wales (recalled by Killie last week) are also liable to miss out. All three are important players. 

Having said that, the team and squad generally have looked better since Andy Graham took over and I'm confident he will put a team on the park that can compete with Falkirk and ask them questions. That's not something Brian Rice's sides always did, e.g. we were dreadful in the two previous games this season.

I'm sure McGlynn will have his players 100% ready to rebound from the last two results and the pitch at the Indodrill seems to suit the way Falkirk play. I expect them to come flying out of the blocks on Saturday, so it's vital we start well.

As always looking forward to hosting the Bairns.

Be delicious if the lad Wales did a Dylan Tait 

18 hours ago, StuartA said:

Alloa haven’t lost in the league for 2 months. Their new manager will look at the last couple of Falkirk results and think they have a real chance. It’s only a “free hit” if he believed that losing didn’t matter. Hard to see that being the case. I expect a tough match.*

*but good beer - I like pubs in Alloa

The lad Wales has gone. He was their best player by a country mile (as was McIver last season, I remember the stick I got for saying it too) therefore I am more confident this will be less tricky. 

There's a preview of the game in our podcast this week if you fancy a listen before Saturday - https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

Think it's a pretty tall task for us to get something out the game this weekend. Full strength and with Wales still here then I might have felt differently, but can see a narrow defeat. Would be nice to at least be competitive this time though!

46 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

The lad Wales has gone. He was their best player by a country mile (as was McIver last season, I remember the stick I got for saying it too) therefore I am more confident this will be less tricky. 

Yeah pal you know the Alloa team a whole lot better than the guys who go every week.

50 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

Be delicious if the lad Wales did a Dylan Tait 

Does him playing for the Kilmarnock b team in the challenge cup not stop him from signing for any other Scottish team other than Alloa?