Queens v Hamilton

QOTS will be up for this game after what happened last time we played and will be looking for revenge. QOTS fans will probably say all week they've got no chance of winning this game but that's far from the truth. Bartley is showing signs of turning it around recently. Rankin has completely lost the accies fanbase and I think some of the players have stopped playing for him. He keeps falling out with too many players with all of them being the guys he's signed. I'm expecting more dropped points here and I actually think QOTS will take all 3. QOTS 2-1 Accies.

11 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

QOTS will be up for this game after what happened last time we played and will be looking for revenge. QOTS fans will probably say all week they've got no chance of winning this game but that's far from the truth. Bartley is showing signs of turning it around recently. Rankin has completely lost the accies fanbase and I think some of the players have stopped playing for him. He keeps falling out with too many players with all of them being the guys he's signed. I'm expecting more dropped points here and I actually think QOTS will take all 3. QOTS 2-1 Accies.

Yes we won yesterday, but you haven't been watching our recent performances.

2 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Only one defeat ( Falkirk ) from our last seven games and 14 points. Just a shame our form before that was rotten. 

In fairness your current points total in most other seasons would have you sitting top of the league at this point. There is still a lot of football to be played and accies are a decent side but I am now starting to believe we might just see this out finally ! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

45 minutes ago, bod said:

Yes we won yesterday, but you haven't been watching our recent performances.

Yes that is true. But you do seem to have picked up recently and we are getting worse as the weeks pass. We could slip up in any game under the current management. Think it could get quite toxic next week if QOTS are leading.

Hamilton really aren’t a good team, I don’t think there’s any Hamilton player I’d take over any of the first team at Falkirk. Despite the slack Rankin takes, he’s doing a good job with an average group of players. 

QOS should be looking to get something from this game, no reason why they can’t. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

... There is still a lot of football to be played and accies are a decent side but I am now starting to believe we might just see this out finally

Chill, man chill ... you're 11 points ahead and have easily the best squad in this division by a distance.  Bairns fans should be searching out all the Championship postcodes for their sat navs now.  The job's done.

18 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Chill, man chill ... you're 11 points ahead and have easily the best squad in this division by a distance.  Bairns fans should be searching out all the Championship postcodes for their sat navs now.  The job's done.

No way mate. The job will only be done IF and when it is mathematically impossible for Accies to catch us. Until then every game is a cup final.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

... Bartley is showing signs of turning it around recently ... I actually think QOTS will take all 3 ...

Yes, we've picked up some points recently by wins against the bottom two and good away wins at Montrose and Cove.  However, Queens fans know that some things in life are simply set in stone (such as always losing to Accies) and couple that with our astonishingly bad home record and our pessimism is understandable.  By way of evidence I'll shamelessly quote from our peerless stats fan @Artemis here ...

"It would be Queens first home win against anybody other than Edinburgh or Annan. Their record against the other teams is L L L L L D L D (P8 W0 D2 L6) ..."

So there you have it ... 3-1 Queens incoming, obviously ...

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Yes, we've picked up some points recently by wins against the bottom two and good away wins at Montrose and Cove.  However, Queens fans know that some things in life are simply set in stone (such as always losing to Accies) and couple that with our astonishingly bad home record and our pessimism is understandable.  By way of evidence I'll shamelessly quote from our peerless stats fan @Artemis here ...

"It would be Queens first home win against anybody other than Edinburgh or Annan. Their record against the other teams is L L L L L D L D (P8 W0 D2 L6) ..."

So there you have it ... 3-1 Queens incoming, obviously ...

You're due a result against us and it wouldn't surprise me if it came on Saturday. Again under Rankin we can easily slip up against any team in this division as proved at times this season. I think that result last time will just motivate the QOTS players and Bartley to pick something up this time.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

there's a certain group of fans who seem to think this isn't the case. Even though their board tried to sign 3 of our players lol. 

6 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

In fairness your current points total in most other seasons would have you sitting top of the league at this point.  

I'm guessing you didn't realise you were addressing a Queens fan when you said this bit?

Hopefully the scudding we received at Accies will fuel our motivation for this one. It seems Accies have stalled recently but we always seem to lose to them.

With Hutchinson away down the road (thankfully), hopefully we have a striker in mind to replace him. Saying that Doherty and Reilly both fit so two good options to have now Doherty seems up to speed!

Can't imagine we'll make that many changes maybe Reilly/Cochrane/Todd. And of course if Stone is out? 

Now with our multitude of defenders and the memories of our last meeting probably still fresh in his mind I'd expect Bartley's analysed this game to death.

Will he go 6-4, keeping it tight and hoping to nick it from a set piece, will he be a bit more adventurous and go 4-6, or will he really go for it with a loan isolated striker fighting off hoof balls? The excitement is excruciating and I can't wait for tomorrow's game.

Also will the crowd be in 4 figures?

45 minutes ago, bod said:

Now with our multitude of defenders and the memories of our last meeting probably still fresh in his mind I'd expect Bartley's analysed this game to death.

Will he go 6-4, keeping it tight and hoping to nick it from a set piece, will he be a bit more adventurous and go 4-6, or will he really go for it with a loan isolated striker fighting off hoof balls? The excitement is excruciating and I can't wait for tomorrow's game.

Also will the crowd be in 4 figures?

Why don’t you just stay at home if you are that miserable about going? 

I for one am looking forward to seeing what happens

6 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

If you had to enjoy visiting Palmerston to attend a game it would be you and about 17 other folk in attendance the now. 

34 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Well we'll have to roll the red carpet out for you if you're going to honour us with your presence tomorrow.