Relegation thread - who's going down?

As has been the case in many recent seasons, it's very tight in the championship with several teams attempting to be less shite than the the rest. 5 points currently separate 5th from 9th, with Arbroath currently occupying 10th, 5 points off of the play-off spot.

Who's going straight down? Who's finishing 9th and entering the play-offs? 

Will Arbroath pull off a miraculous survival? Will a recent new manager bounce for Ayr or Queens Park save them from the play-off? Will the ongoing Dunfermline tailspin propel them back into League 1? Will big Dunc carry Caley downwards?

Discuss all here.

Arbroath look favourites with all their injuries and being part time. 

I would like to think we have enough to see us through but we seem to have 2/3 games where we look like a decent side then games where we look like we’ve no idea what football is.

If any one of us, Ayr, Dunfermline, QP put a run together over the next few games then could see ourselves out of the relegation fight and looking at the good playoffs

We aren’t a million miles away, we shifted a lot of players in the window but we didn’t sign players in problem areas…..yet and the players we brought in weren’t names that make me feel warm and fuzzy. 
May gut feeling right now is, we’ll be fine but that could change very quickly 

having seen Queens Park last week and Scott Browns changes, I think only one team will go down this year, I think the rest have enough to beat a league one side. 

At the beginning of December we were struggling big time down the bottom tipped for relegation fast forward 2 months a ridiculous run of form we find ourselves 4th & unbeaten in 12, after Dunfermlines shambolic performance today I can only see them and Arbroath as favourites to go down 

image.thumb.png.0ed4866667e53142fee20b58077746eb.png

0 - down 10 - safe

The top 4 are pretty much safe.

Airdrie - on a decent run of form now but have looked really poor whenever we've faced them. Didn't really do much in the transfer window either, but will probably be fine with games in hand. 8/10.

Ayr - have looked much better under Brown, but the squad is still lacking in key areas with question marks over some players. Also paying money to Aiden McGeady to play football despite him looking like he'd come dead last at the parent's race on a school sports day whenever we're attacking, which has left us with no backup left back and little depth in midfield. Plenty quality in the final third though so I'm confident we should be fine but it may not be pretty. 7/10

ICT - lost Wotherspoon but have made some good signings in January. Can't seem to string a run of results together though. Think they'll just stay up though. 5.5/10

Dunfermline - have games in hand but have been in freefall for a while now with a poor January window and a large injury list. Manager doesn't seem to be under any danger. Not looking good. 4/10.

QP - squad is very inexperienced but have improved recently under Davidson. Reckon they'll overtake Dunfermline next week and will be able to keep their heads above water until the end of the season. 6/10.

Arbroath - as good as down now. 1/10.

Revised table prediction:

Dundee Utd

Partick 

Morton

Raith

Airdrie

Ayr

QP 

Inverness

Dunfermline

Arbroath

Although we have done tremendously well to turn our season around I won't be confident we are safe until we it's confirmed. Put a few wins together and you climb the table and alternatively lose 2/3 on the bounce and you're back on amongst the relegation battle.

Have to say that Arbroath look favourites to go down at the moment but all to play for.

We’re slowly looking like an actual championship level team nowadays compared to the shambles under Veldman. We look a lot more resolute and being able to grind wins away at Raith and Inverness are prime examples of having a legitimate manager in Davidson at the club. The difference in one month has been fantastic 

By no means safe but I feel having a far more structured set up alongside a couple match winners in Thomas and Paton will prove to be the difference in finishing 8th instead of 9th 

We’re teetering on the edge right now, we can put the odd reasonable performance together and that might see us safe but they are becoming increasingly rare. Majority of the final 1/3rd is going to be spent still without the majority of our injured players and we show no interest in bringing in proven quality in new signings.

Not doomed yet but certainly scales weighted in favor of a bottom 2 finish.

As others have said I dont think anyone outside the current top 3 is safe, although Morton look like they've pulled things together well. I would still be delighted with 8th to be honest for us. It looks like Arbroath favourites to finish bottom, a lot probably depends on whether Dunfermline get players back from injury. I fancy whoever finshes 9th this season to win the playoff.