Falkirk v Hamilton Pt3

When I'm watching the highlights the volume from the fans when we score seems much louder than when I'm watching it live. Mind you, perhaps it is just my imagination because I'm usually dancing about my apartment like a daftie just after we score and maybe I just don't hear it.

Can't wait for Tuesday / Wednesday, up at 2.30am to watch the Montrose game and on a school day too. C'mon boys, let's put this league to bed.

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Guys, Rose surely isn't as far offside as the Falkirk highlights look (neither he nor the defender who steps up (I think Lang?) is in shot when the pass is played).  Did it feel injustice at the time? 

I was in line with it in the main stand and it was hard to tell but the assistant wasn’t in line with it.

Funnily enough the one time accies actually played some football rather than clipping balls into the channels for 90 minutes, embarrassing from a full time team with the best squad in the league. 

12 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I was in line with it in the main stand and it was hard to tell but the assistant wasn’t in line with it.

Funnily enough the one time accies actually played some football rather than clipping balls into the channels for 90 minutes, embarrassing from a full time team with the best squad in the league. 

If he's not in line then he can't give it. Have to say that I didn't think he even looked fit in the warm up!

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Guys, Rose surely isn't as far offside as the Falkirk highlights look (neither he nor the defender who steps up (I think Lang?) is in shot when the pass is played).  Did it feel injustice at the time? 

I sit in line where Rose was when the ball was played and he was definitely Offside from Lang’s position, whether Donaldson was wider and a bit behind Lang played Rose onside, maybe. The stand side linesman was close enough in line that he should have got the decision correct. It was a bad goal and time to loose one, it gave Accies a glimmer of hope and Falkirk then had the issue to either stick or twist. If Falkirk had got to Half Time 3-0 they would have won 4 or 5 nil.

What most Accies fans don't realise is that by only beating them 3-2 we have made sure they keep Rankin in a job which as we all know is as good for us, and the rest of the league, as its bad for them as he aint got a clue. 🤣🤣😘

12 hours ago, Beckford said:

If he does have a strain then it will have been even more of a shit day as agree he looks our biggest threat. 

He could definitely feel something after running just in front of us.  He winced and then started trying to stretch it and signalled to the bench that he'd see how it went. Might just be cramp though having not played a full game for some time.  I would think even Rankin would've kept him on otherwise.

37 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I sit in line where Rose was when the ball was played and he was definitely Offside from Lang’s position, whether Donaldson was wider and a bit behind Lang played Rose onside, maybe. The stand side linesman was close enough in line that he should have got the decision correct. It was a bad goal and time to loose one, it gave Accies a glimmer of hope and Falkirk then had the issue to either stick or twist. If Falkirk had got to Half Time 3-0 they would have won 4 or 5 nil.

Mcglynn didn't seem to think it was offside anyway in his post match interview and I'd expect him to have seen  footage that would clear that up so I'm beginning to think the officials got that one right . That was about the only thing they did get right mind you.

35 minutes ago, Double t said:

What most Accies fans don't realise is that by only beating them 3-2 we have made sure they keep Rankin in a job which as we all know is as good for us, and the rest of the league, as its bad for them as he aint got a clue. 🤣🤣😘

I did wonder that, despite being closer to Alloa (who they play next week) than us in the league whether the almost fightback would give them a bit more faith in Rankin.

Excellent in the first half, and actually OK in the second. I thought we deserved the win overall, but I suppose we couldn't have complained too much if we had drawn. Rose looked miles off at his first and the lino actually paused slightly as if he was going to flag then kept on running. I don't think he had a clue whether it was on or off!

No failures, including subs and I hope the guy who was screaming abuse at McGlynn and Nesbitt in the KM feels a proper tit today!!

I thought MacIver was the best man on the pitch though.

From the initial  pass to Rose I would say he was @least half a yard off & the linesman was @ least 2 yards behind Rose so impossible  for him to give. Like some of the throw ins on the nearside he was oblivious  of whose throw it was until the ref made the decision for him. Just par for the course with the officiating  in this league.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Excellent in the first half, and actually OK in the second. I thought we deserved the win overall, but I suppose we couldn't have complained too much if we had drawn. Rose looked miles off at his first and the lino actually paused slightly as if he was going to flag then kept on running. I don't think he had a clue whether it was on or off!

No failures, including subs and I hope the guy who was screaming abuse at McGlynn and Nesbitt in the KM feels a proper tit today!!

I thought MacIver was the best man on the pitch though.

His work rate was excellent 

14 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Not sure if same guy but this always seems to happen when the fairweather fans show up. Utterly clueless but they watch Sportscene a lot. One thing we've learned with this team is patience and not to worry if the other side score because chances are we'll score two. 

38 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Not sure if same guy but this always seems to happen when the fairweather fans show up. Utterly clueless but they watch Sportscene a lot. One thing we've learned with this team is patience and not to worry if the other side score because chances are we'll score two. 

Timing of subs is one of my biggest bugbears with McGlynn but to his credit he reacted to Accies' second and the game calmed down when Tait came on.