6 hours ago, GordonS said:

If a Lowland area team comes down - Clyde, Stranraer or Bonnyrigg, the only sides that can finish bottom - but EK don't go up, then there would be 19 clubs in the LL, so they would relegate 2 clubs instead of 1. In short, if Buckie win the play-offs, Gretna get relegated.

No love for Gretna and I suppose they are a different beast now but if I was on BOD or committee whoever runs them I’d be kicking up a great deal of fuss if the team were relegated to, in essence, accommodate a B team! That’s outrageous, although others may rightly argue that it serves them right if they voted for them in the first place (did they?). 

2 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

No love for Gretna and I suppose they are a different beast now but if I was on BOD or committee whoever runs them I’d be kicking up a great deal of fuss if the team were relegated to, in essence, accommodate a B team! That’s outrageous, although others may rightly argue that it serves them right if they voted for them in the first place (did they?). 

Its not so much to accomodate a B team.

The SFA have been rather strict with the Lowland and say they can only have 16 member clubs. Despite the fact their counterpart in the Highland League have 18. The second relegation is to balance that.

On the other hand the SFA are quite happy for the Lowland to have 18 or 19 teams with the B teams topping up the 16 members. There's the invite to Rangers B to return that would put the league at 19 teams next season. Probably would take in the likes of Hibs B as well to make it 20.

59 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Nobody can kick up a fuss as this situation was on the cards at the start of the campaign? Very tough if happens but i really can’t see it.

38 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Nobody can kick up a fuss as this situation was on the cards at the start of the campaign? Very tough if happens but i really can’t see it.

I agree - this was always a possibility, so clubs can’t complain if it happens. And like you, I can’t see EK losing the HL/LL play off ….

Always been the case throughout the southerly pyramid that promotion-&-relegation will vary to keep each division at even numbers; e.g. last year saw 4-up-3-down throughout EOS divisions (as Linlithgow promoted from EOSL to LL but Dalbeattie relegated from LL to SOSL; only outlier is that in EK up/Forfar down scenario LL relegates nobody rather than bring up 2 from below).

23 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Plus for us it wouldn’t be hard to beat the calibre of player we’ve had for most of the season.

But that's exactly the calibre you'd be looking at in the LL.

4 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

They voted for B teams. f**k them.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Berwick Rangers,  Tranent, Linlithgow Rose, Albion Rovers, Bo'ness,Caledonian Braves and East Stirling.  Gretna abstained.

Thank you for that.

3 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Berwick Rangers,  Tranent, Linlithgow Rose, Albion Rovers, Bo'ness,Caledonian Braves and East Stirling.  Gretna abstained.

So by and large the actual football teams.

One notable team missing there but Cowden were trying to justify Colt teams for years so no real surprise.

On 23/04/2024 at 05:31, Highlandmagar said:

Caledonian Braves voted for the B teams, according to the LL forum Broomhill were the other team to vote against.

On 11/02/2024 at 21:27, gordon9736 said:

Quite funny talking about whether the likes of EK and others have grounds suitable for SPFL when Clyde haven't a ground of their own since 1990 or thereabouts.

They moved out in 1986 as I remember well because I was 17 and played in two amateur cup finals at Shawfield stadium and the away dressing room was a mess, the big sunken bath which im sure looked amazing in its day, (sure it could take about 10 people at the same time), was all broken up.   Started looking out for Clyde results and watching them carry on with interest after playing at Shawfield.    

I don’t want to see them go down but if we are being fair, they probably deserve to go down after past few seasons since Covid,  it’s been horrendous .    I think Bonnyrigg just need a win against Forfar.    So I’m thinking between Stranraer and Clyde. With 2 games each, it’s just not looking good for any of them 

Definitely squeaky bum time 😳

Interesting that in  England Gateshead have been denied access to the promotions playoffs because they don't have a 10-year lease on their ground but in Scotland we find it acceptable to have clubs in the league with shorter ground tenure arrangements.

12 hours ago, To B or not B said:

Caledonian Braves voted for the B teams, according to the LL forum Broomhill were the other team to vote against.

I thought that Caledonian Braves took a fan poll (yeah, that joke writes itself) and based off the results of that, voted against the B teams.

It sticks out in my mind because I’m sure people were surprised that they voted this way, with everyone just assuming they would choose to take the B team cash. Happy to be proven wrong, but that’s my recollection of it.

Edited by Nightmare

On 11/02/2024 at 21:27, gordon9736 said:

Quite funny talking about whether the likes of EK and others have grounds suitable for SPFL when Clyde haven't a ground of their own since 1990 or thereabouts.

Clyde haven't had a ground of their own since the 1930's when they got hoodwinked into believing a fairy tale by a charlatan of a chairman.

The more things change........