10 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Can't see Brechin or Clyde or anyone stopping East Kilbride coming up this time!

In fact I'd even make EK early favourites to win League Two next season!

Their squad is stacked with good players who should be playing league football ⚽️ 

So was Darvel and Kennedy still fucked that up. 

Before it came apparent that our new squad routinely shite the bed in big games, I was thinking I’d much rather play EK than the winner of the Highland League but it doesn’t really matter as both will swat us aside with relative ease. 

Our ability to bounce back from relegation will largely depend on if this mysterious benefactor hangs around, but I’m pretty sure we were told he wouldn’t. If he does then having EK out the way would probably work in our favour. 

1 hour ago, Clyde_1977 said:

if EK go up do you think they will let us ground share when we get evicted from NDP for rent arrears?

How times change.  There was once a time when Clyde laughed at merging with EK.  I remember the superiority complex shown by many Clyde posters.

12 minutes ago, strichener said:

How times change.  There was once a time when Clyde laughed at merging with EK.  I remember the superiority complex shown by many Clyde posters.

I'd still laugh at the merger if East Kilbride were three leagues above us (which will probably be the case in three seasons time)

2 hours ago, strichener said:

The fact that a name change of the club was involved made it an absolute no. I think you’re making the second bit up. 

18 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Can't see Brechin or Clyde or anyone stopping East Kilbride coming up this time!

Their squad is stacked with good players who should be playing league football ⚽️ 

Literally the only plus of this raging bin fire of a season would be if we managed to deny those absolute bellends (MK & SF) promotion. That would almost make it all worth while in itself.

Sadly I have zero confidence that will happen as our squad are a bunch of cowards who routinely shit the bed in anything approaching an important game.

8 hours ago, strichener said:

This might be an unfortunate west of Scotland thing. It's a bit of a cringe. It was evident before the Clyde v Forfar Athletic game the game the other night. So many fans thought that Clyde were on some kind of roll, despite having only won one game in about ten.

And Forfar scooshed it

6 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Literally the only plus of this raging bin fire of a season would be if we managed to deny those absolute bellends (MK & SF) promotion. That would almost make it all worth while in itself.

Sadly I have zero confidence that will happen as our squad are a bunch of cowards who routinely shit the bed in anything approaching an important game.

Absolutely agree with your first point re: getting it right up the MK/SF circus. As for your second point, were the relegation playoff tomorrow or next week I would also agree. However, there are more than enough games for McCall to get what I think we all agree is a half decent squad of players actually playing well together and instilling in them a bit of self belief.

Relegation is far from the foregone conclusion everyone seems to think it is. 

9 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Absolutely agree with your first point re: getting it right up the MK/SF circus. As for your second point, were the relegation playoff tomorrow or next week I would also agree. However, there are more than enough games for McCall to get what I think we all agree is a half decent squad of players actually playing well together and instilling in them a bit of self belief.

Relegation is far from the foregone conclusion everyone seems to think it is. 

Good on you, I was wondering if there were any Clyde fans who weren’t a bunch of doom mongering surrender monkeys.

If you are to finish bottom, hopefully the Clyde fans get behind the team towards the play offs.  

I’ve said for a while now that I think East Kilbride will be in League 2 next season, but you just never know in a 2 match play off, there is always a chance.  EK do have a bit of a shaky defence so that could be something to exploit. I would hope that Clyde have someone from the club getting to as many EK a games as they can between now and the play offs so they know everything they can about them. 

I’ve not forgotten that it could be a Highland League club rather than EK, but I think less likely.

I have nothing against EK, they have a decent bunch of fans, but I just want them out the LL now the player recruitment is beyond silly now, so from that point of view it would be great to have Clyde in the LL.

On 21/02/2024 at 20:34, Tenkay said:

At it

19 hours ago, strichener said:

As someone else alluded to, the prospect of merging with anyone should be laughed at even now. 

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

This might be an unfortunate west of Scotland thing. It's a bit of a cringe. It was evident before the Clyde v Forfar Athletic game the game the other night. So many fans thought that Clyde were on some kind of roll, despite having only won one game in about ten.

And Forfar scooshed it

Clyde comfortably beat top 4 opposition on Saturday with a good performance, but nobody was under any illusions that it was anything other than a flash in the pan unless we followed it up with a win on Tuesday night. 

There was an obvious improvement in performances in December/January which included a few games we drew which really should’ve won. That may be the roll people said we were on you alluded to. However, since the Aberdeen game it has been a total disaster. The belief that we would get out this mess was centred around the fact we have an almost entirely new squad who are streets ahead of what we had (on paper at least), and that we still had to play the teams we could conceivably catch (in some cases twice). The new players haven’t showed up and we’ve lost to Elgin, Stranraer and Forfar which is unforgivable in our predicament. 

Forfar fan coming in here. Whilst I think it most likely will be Clyde finishing 10th. I wouldn't put it past Forfar to absolutely chuck it and snatch relegation out of the jaws of mid table mediocrity (what a depressing sentence).

Personally I'd love Brechin to make a return and we can have a lovely Angus derby next season, but it realistically will be East Kilbride as the latest of lower league and west of Scotland league teams to throw money around having budgets many times bigger than more historical SPFL teams.