22 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

Cove is colder than the depths of hell and in an industrial estate miles from anywhere.

But apart from all that...

I've been to Spain Park once and it was like standing watching a game at the back of a sports centre with a temperature similar to one of the moons of Neptune.

6 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'd like to see Brechin come back. It'll make a good story if they're the first team to return from the 5th tier.

Clyde going down would be utterly hilarious. Even more so if Cumbernauld Colts managed to catch EK then beat them in the playoffs.

It would also finally bring back league Angus derbies, which I like to tell myself everyone outside the county has massively missed being a thing too.

3 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

It would also finally bring back league Angus derbies, which I like to tell myself everyone outside the county has massively missed being a thing too.

To be fair, there are plenty of opportunities of Angus derbies still in existence.

16 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I've been to Spain Park once and it was like standing watching a game at the back of a sports centre with a temperature similar to one of the moons of Neptune.

This was Cove in May last year, with the added feature of a track surface for spectators that resembled the Third Battle of Ypres in thickness and consistency of the mud.

IMG_20230505_234234.thumb.jpg.08a0ad7f4bbe87dd9f4ca0f3a0c6496d.jpg

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

This was Cove in May last year, with the added feature of a track surface for spectators that resembled the Third Battle of Ypres in thickness and consistency of the mud.

Oh VT, don't be going away up there. Come to Shotts, the gritter has to go out for the gala day.

56 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Oh VT, don't be going away up there. Come to Shotts, the gritter has to go out for the gala day.

I'm afraid you'll only have Clyde fans for visitors any time soon. Mind the golf clubs don't go missing.

4 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Quite funny talking about whether the likes of EK and others have grounds suitable for SPFL when Clyde haven't a ground of their own since 1990 or thereabouts.

Clyde find themselves in reduced circumstances and between permanent addresses at the moment. I'm sure this situation will be resolved in the near future.

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

image.png.8698775aec1288f3a00b09249e34dea9.png

SPFL2 ends May 4th and Clyde - homeless, hapless, increasingly helpless - are now 10pts adrift with a worse GD. Beached like some great whale on the sandbar of last place, it'll take enormous efforts to make-up 11pts in 13 games

To be fair, we have previous for blowing ten point advantages in League Two.

13 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I noticed that 9 out of 10 teams in the league have 500+ average attendances.

Must be a long time since that was the case. The pyramid in action.

It happened when Rangers were in L2. Apart from that, hasn't happened in the last 10 years. 

A few traditional low attendance teams being flushed out, like Cowden, Brechin, Albion Rovers, and two moving up (Annan and Edinburgh) and made crowds fairly healthy this season.

2 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I noticed that 9 out of 10 teams in the league have 500+ average attendances.

Must be a long time since that was the case. The pyramid in action.

Never happened before except for Rangers season.

Indeed only from 2014-15 to 2016-17 then last season had more than half the division exceeded 500... just 2 did in 1998-99, 2005-06, 2008-09 and 2009-10.

13 hours ago, virginton said:

Pre, during, and post match images from Cove in May

20230505_191732.jpg

20230505_195547.jpg

20230505_214927.jpg

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's dreadful facilities for a league side, quite frankly

Been this season and they’ve improved it a fair bit. Wasn’t one for white trainers last season!

Edited by CrispyMelon