My preferences for a League 2 spot next season, in order from most to least welcome:

Buckie (think it'd be good for Elgin to have a derby and it'd be a new away day)

Brechin (it'd be healthy to see a relegated team come up again, even if it was only because they didn't get their own way and were put in the Highland League)

Banks o'Dee (three Aberdeen teams is probably a bit much, and the stadium is a bit shite, but I'd be okay with it)

Clyde (despite the homelessness, the Goodwillie shame and some of their support, I don't actually wish them ill, there are just other clubs I'd rather have in the SPFL)

almost any other club on the planet

East Kilbride.

22 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Personally I'd love Brechin to make a return and we can have a lovely Angus derby next season, but it realistically will be East Kilbride as the latest of lower league and west of Scotland league teams to throw money around having budgets many times bigger than more historical SPFL teams.

Not just a west thing… Cove, Kelty and Spartans. 

24 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Not just a west thing… Cove, Kelty and Spartans. 

True, although I said Lower and west. Kelty and Spartans were Lower league teams. However, Cove definitely is the outlier in my previous statement.

• 2 weeks later...

bump-reminder.gif

Now under 2 months left...

image.thumb.png.110bf257ed4a95593bd95f0aaac6d2a6.png

Clyde still adrift - but have cut gap by 4pts.

image.thumb.png.bb6960a3ff85f8458c774fb332c6f149.png

EK could win LL title as in as little as a fortnight.

image.thumb.png.5f6e1fad80a70952902e3b1ee85f642d.png

Brechin in HL driving seat; and Buckie also has a pair of Mondays on cards.

Clyde look absolutely gubbed. Every time they get a must win game they shit their pants.

You can easily guess the outcome of a must must win in the playoffs.

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Forfar might have something to say about that 

I've done a bit of calculating and Clyde would need minimum of 2 wins from three if the Loons don't take another point. Take a single point and Clyde need 2 wins and a draw. 2 points taken and Clyde need 3 straight wins. This is assuming a GD advantage and Clyde not winning 8 0 or anything. Fingers crossed....

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Decent result for Stranraer today, and Bonnyrigg Rose (grrr).

It's almost, almost a two horse race at the bottom.

I’d say Bonnyrigg’s win today will keep them safe. 

Bonnyrigg are just about safe now. They've done a good job dealing with the strong winds in the last couple weeks.

Elgin are fine. Forfar are doing their best to get sucked back into it but Ray McKinnon has built a drawing machine, they'll manage at least one over the next three games meaning we'd have to win twice and draw to catch them given the two sides' GDs. My sympathies to the Forfar fans, I've no doubt you are shite and boring to watch. The good news though is that you'll be in L2 next season.

Realistically, it's between us and Stranraer.

I've took in a couple of these basement games whilst Ayr have been away from home. Certain it's between Stranraer and Clyde now. A saving grace for Stinlar is that they play Dumbarton next, a team they always seem to do decent against and one they hammered about a month ago. Think a win in that one and a Clyde loss would prevent Clyde getting their great escape.

McCall did turn them around as they looked long gone, so credit to him and the players for battling back. I still think you'll be in League 2 next season as I can't see the lowland/highland winner coming up 

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Can any of those honking B Teams come up!?

As said previously no, but as far as in concerned my main gripe with the LL is the fact the B teams are there.

When / if we go down and it will be deserved I will still buy my season ticket, however as with the Challenge cup I refuse to attend any match where Clyde are playing a B team! I will therefore miss a fair few games but that’s a decision I made the minute the LL sold out to them… shame on them!