On 11/02/2024 at 13:09, HibeeJibee said:

Disturbing situation exists in Highland - due to conclude April 13th but it'll surely go on another week - where Brechin narrowly lead Banks o'Dee, but Buckie + Brora haven't reached halfway yet with 18 + 19 left respectively. Difficult speculating who'll prevail.

It was never set to end on April 13th, the following week was deliberately left empty to allow extra time for games/finagle a title-decider like last year. 

The way things are going we’ll need a bit longer to fit in games, and the idea of a title decider could disappear like tears in the rain before Sunday. 

All joking aside, a play off between Clyde and EK will be an interesting match-up. Obviously there's no guarantee that will happen and depends on the quality of HL side EK come up against. It looks like last night EK lined up with:

- Connolly -

- MacDonald - Ferguson - McDonald - Lockie -

- McGrory - Spence - Arnott -

- Balde - Robertson - Thomson -

Although I'm sure EK fans on here will correct me in the event that I am (almost definitely) wrong. With the amount they burn through players though, there's no guarantee that this will be anywhere near the lineup that graces the playoffs, and they had very handy players such as Daramola, Flanagan and Stirling coming on from the bench last night. On paper and with the exception of a couple of individuals, that EK team isn't any better than Clyde's. Imho our best starting lineup at the moment is something like:

- Kinnear -

- Cuddihy - Howie - Hamilton - McGinn -

- Grant - Ballantyne -

- Kabia -             - Leitch -                - King -

- Allan -

We obviously have a better and more experienced manager and staff, so if we manage to build a bit of momentum, I don't think the result is as cut and dried as things may look from the outside.

Saying that, there's obviously a huge chance EK just turn us the f**k over.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

On 11/02/2024 at 22:10, Gordon EF said:

It happened when Rangers were in L2. Apart from that, hasn't happened in the last 10 years. 

A few traditional low attendance teams being flushed out, like Cowden, Brechin, Albion Rovers, and two moving up (Annan and Edinburgh) and made crowds fairly healthy this season.

If only the pyramid had been around in 2012.

On 13/02/2024 at 20:28, Jimmy Shaker said:

It was never set to end on April 13th, the following week was deliberately left empty to allow extra time for games/finagle a title-decider like last year. 

Aberdeenshire Cup Final was - maybe still is? - down for April 20th (it was you who posted it on FN btw!).

So unless Buckie were potentially going to play 2 games at same time or there not be a simultaneous finish, it presumably was April 13th on paper.

22 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

EK scored 3 goals in the last 12 mins to win from 2 down against Tranent tonight and all but guarantee the lowland league title. 🤮

Brora 0-4 Buckie at HT tonight in a game which ultimately wasn't switched to Golspie.

Psychologically if not mathematically this could well knock Brora out of the title race.

34 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Aberdeenshire Cup Final was - maybe still is? - down for April 20th (it was you who posted it on FN btw!).

So unless Buckie were potentially going to play 2 games at same time or there not be a simultaneous finish, it presumably was April 13th on paper.

No way we'll waste a Saturday in April for a regional cup final. It'll get shoved into May like it deserves. 

Can't see Brechin or Clyde or anyone stopping East Kilbride coming up this time!

In fact I'd even make EK early favourites to win League Two next season!

Their squad is stacked with good players who should be playing league football ⚽️ 

Edited by Tenkay

2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Can't see Brechin or Clyde or anyone stopping East Kilbride coming up this time!

In fact I'd even make EK early favourites to win League Two next season!

Their squad is stacked with good players who should be playing league football ⚽️ 

They’ll do feck all in league 2with mick Kennedy in charge even with an eye watering budget. Will be found out big time. Only manager I know who gets a move up a division after failing to get out the sixth tier with a third tier budget