2 hours ago, terracingtam said:

It is ridiculous that lower league clubs have to employ a Doctor to attend games but that is a rule at the moment, and clubs are well aware of this. Fully qualified first raiders surely are sufficient backed up by ambulance if required.

Prior to next season, the SFA , Highland and Lowland league's must publish details of clubs who hold Bronze licences, clubs who will achieve licences prior to the season finishing and also clubs who have no intention of ever meeting the requirements. 

We should not have another instance of a club being so badly treated as Brechin ever again, and I am a For far fan.

Getting an ambulance is harder than a Doctor!

Why were Brechin so badly treated? They were not good enough to win the league so it’s their own fault. 

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

In a wild case of "hold my beer", the Brechin chairman's out-doing how badly Buckie and SFA/SPFL emerge from this by attacking Highland League for... letting Buckie play Strathspey twice and on time:

Buckie Thistle ban makes 'mockery' of SPFL pyramid as raging Brechin City chief blasts Highland League - Daily Record

Raging Brechin City chairman Kevin Mackie was blasted the Highland League for making a "mockery" of the Scottish football pyramid after champions Buckie Thistle were booted out of the playoffs.

Graeme Stewart's side clinched the league title on goal difference from the Glebe Park outfit, to set up what they thought would be a chance at promotion to League Two with a two-legged play off against Lowland League winners East Kilbride for the chance to face off against club 42 for a crack at league football next season. But they have sensationally been denied their shot at promotion after failing to obtain an SFA bronze licence. The governing body released a statement on Thursday confirming that Buckie were ineligible for the playoffs, and that East Kilbride would go straight through to play the SPFL's bottom club for a shot at promotion - likely to be either Clyde, Stranraer or Bonnyrigg Rose.

Now 
Brechin chief Mackie has let rip at the Highland League, demanding to know why they re-arranged two Buckie games against hapless Strathspey Thistle. Thistle rattled 13 goals past them to help claim the crown, but have now seen their dreams crushed after "failing to respond" to reminders to ask league bosses for a grace period in order to gain the licence - something the club insists they did.

"I am raging with the Highland League," Mackie told the Daily Mail. "This makes a mockery of the entire pyramid. This whole thing is shambolic and the Highland League needs to take a look at itself. They would have known that the champions had to be eligible for the play-offs and I am annoyed that they haven't made sure the champions could meet the criteria required. "They went out of their way to rearrange Buckie's outstanding games against Strathspey the other week when they knew that Strathspey had let in 133 goals and were miles below everyone else at the bottom of the league. We questioned then how a team going for the title could have two rearranged games against Strathspey when they didn't have a team and were fielding trialists? Unsurprisingly they won 6-1 and 7-0 and beat us to the title by two goals. How can that be fair?".

Crack on and join the Lowland League I say. 

1 hour ago, Vanderbilt said:

The English have 2 automatic relegation spots from the EFL.

Which is completely irrelevant to your tantrum about entry standards being applied to clubs being promoted. 

51 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

However if they hadn't rescheduled them by now HL would still be unfinished without a mathematical champion... and still no playoff entrant?

My best guess would be that he’s suggesting that the matches shouldn’t have been rescheduled and that Buckie awarded walkovers for both - which would be enough to see Brechin champion on goal difference?

"Buckie Thistle Football Club would like to issue the following addition to last night's statement on the SPFL Pyramid Play-offs:

"The club is endeavouring to get to the bottom of the decision to remove us from this weekend's play-off semi final against East Kilbride FC."

"Club officials attended meetings and had discussions with both the SPFL and SFA on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, but no indication was given at any point that Saturday's fixture was in doubt."

"Attached is a screenshot from the Decision Note issued by the SFA, which clearly states a decision on the Bronze Licence is deferred until the 15th of May. Buckie Thistle were awarded derogations on 3 of the items mentioned, and given until 15th May to resolve the Medical items."

"After further discussions with the SFA this morning, we are now looking into the possibility of taking this to Arbitration, as per Article 99 of the SFA handbook."

"Further updates will be provided in due course."

Buckie daring to beat a weak side heavily on purpose, by God, the very thought! Clearly Brechin had no way of knowing that goal difference might be an issue this season, considering the pair only lost four games between them last term.

Next season will be #4 in the Highland League - the parachute payments have finished and, if the Lowland League is anything to go by, this is where the gentle slide down the table begins. Presumably that's what's fuelled this heads gone.

In sporting terms this is dreadful for EK.

Just now they enter Final without playing for 3 weeks.

However if Buckie win (or receive a stay) in arbitration 2 legs of SF need squeezed back in before.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

However if Buckie win (or receive a stay) in arbitration 2 legs of SF need squeezed back in before.

That will be especially tricky for all the lads away on that stag do 😬

We need a poll on whether it's the SFA or Buckie who are more likely to have fucked up here.

Buckie claiming they've been responding to the SFA and were told the licencing decision wouldn't be taken 'til the 15th, while the SFA say they've heard nothing from them. Nobody would be surprised if somehow both proved to be true. Scottish football, eh?

Just now, BFTD said:

We need a poll on whether it's the SFA or Buckie who are more likely to have fucked up here.

Buckie claiming they've been responding to the SFA and were told the licencing decision wouldn't be taken 'til the 15th, while the SFA say they've heard nothing from them. Nobody would be surprised if somehow both proved to be true. Scottish football, eh?

My money is on the SFA, proven track record etc.

1 minute ago, May Rckinnon said:

My money is on the SFA, proven track record etc.

I'm going with an incorrect reply address on the SFA emails, nobody checking the default SFA email address they ended up at, Buckie not wondering why they got no confirmation, and someone at the SFA seething about having been dingyed and pulling the trigger early in a fit of pique.

There may also have been a mix-up centring around a picture of the Fallen Madonna with ze Big Boobies.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

"Buckie Thistle Football Club would like to issue the following addition to last night's statement on the SPFL Pyramid Play-offs:

"The club is endeavouring to get to the bottom of the decision to remove us from this weekend's play-off semi final against East Kilbride FC."

"Club officials attended meetings and had discussions with both the SPFL and SFA on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, but no indication was given at any point that Saturday's fixture was in doubt."

"Attached is a screenshot from the Decision Note issued by the SFA, which clearly states a decision on the Bronze Licence is deferred until the 15th of May. Buckie Thistle were awarded derogations on 3 of the items mentioned, and given until 15th May to resolve the Medical items."

"After further discussions with the SFA this morning, we are now looking into the possibility of taking this to Arbitration, as per Article 99 of the SFA handbook."

"Further updates will be provided in due course."

FB_IMG_1714142877171.jpg

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

In sporting terms this is dreadful for EK.

Just now they enter Final without playing for 3 weeks.

The bonus for them is that they do not have to play Buckie (good side) which could have went either way. Chances are those games might have involved red cards. They should have a fully fit squad and no suspensions. Think EK will be happy even if they might not admit it publicly.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

FB_IMG_1714142877171.jpg

I think this puts to bed the notion that they weren't trying to achieve their licence conditions to avoid getting promoted.  Looks to me that they have been led up the garden path here.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Returning to real issue: the "ignored letters" will almost certainly be the general reminder emails circulated to all clubs every few months. I suspect that is really just SPFL laying it on thick that no club could fail to have known what's required; the working relationship is with the SFA licensing department not SPFL.

It sounds very much like Buckie foolishly didn't apply for grace period by last month, as they expected to be granted a Bronze this month with a few short-term derogations... only for SPFL to play it by the book and not give them a waiver, especially with their club doctor confirmation being delayed until next month.

Not a good look for Buckie... and given past history (as the only senior club ever to vote against the pyramid) seems to be fuelling speculation they deliberately gamed the system, which I doubt is actually the case. That said the bad look doesn't necessarily fall 100% on them: Buckie seem to be in breach short-term, by the letter more than the spirit, thus had the SPFL let them proceed few might have batted an eyelid. You've also got 5 or 6 existing SPFL clubs who haven't achieve bronze yet either (interesting to see if they all do by July?) including Airdrie who could actually be promoted into the Premiership off an entry licence.

Buckie's latest confirms my earlier thoughts. Foolishly didn't apply for grace period last month; hadn't envisaged doctor approval by SFA being delayed to next month - that 3 week delays appears all preventing them being granted bronze this month; then SPFL stuck to the letter. They maintain no mention was made of it being an issue until 5pm yesterday.

President Statement (buckiethistlefc.co.uk)

President Statement

As your club president it is not only my responsibility, but my duty to inform you of the facts / circumstances that resulted in the decision made yesterday by the SFA. I am personally gutted for our fantastic management team and our fantastic players, who all did so much to make us all proud, and to all of you , our fantastic and loyal supporters.

The statement issued by the SFA yesterday indicates that we did not reply to their requests. We have in fact been actively preparing for a Bronze Licence since late last year when it was clear that was the requirement from the SPFL.

I will state straight away that we did in fact miss the cut off date for the “period of grace “ from the SPFL. We have to accept that and categorise as an error never to be repeated. However earlier this week we were asked to submit a request for this to the SPFL, which we did straight away. Why did they request this ? On the licencing side ( SFA ) I had a Teams meeting with the SFA Licencing Committee at Hampden on Wednesday to discuss the 4 applications for derogation that we had previously submitted. We were granted 3 of those derogations, the Floodlights, The Safety Officer and the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. The Medical Return was deferred to the next meeting due on the 15th of May. We have been unable to complete / submit our Medical Return because we are still trying to engage the services of a Doctor to attend all of our home games , this is a requirement for Bronze Level. This is currently our stumbling block and I believe the reason for our failure to be granted a Bronze Licence.

I have to stress that during ALL the dialogue between the club, the SPFL and the SFA, there was never any mention of the pending disaster that unfolded last night. I received the e-mail last night at 5 o’clock, informing us that we would not be taking part in the Pyramid Playoffs. The rest, as they say is history.

On a personal note I can only hope the above statement of fact clarifies the clubs current status as regards the licencing procedures and the efforts we have put into gaining a Bronze Licence. We felt we were in a good position , but unfortunately we were off the mark there.

I would like to finish this by saying that the board, committee and management team will continue to pursue the Bronze Licence, do our utmost to keep our management team and players together, and fight ( as we did this season ) for the title again next season.

We owe this to every one of you at Buckie Thistle Football Club.

Garry J.G. Farquhar – Club President

Edited by HibeeJibee

3 hours ago, Vanderbilt said:

You made the comparison 😂

The comparison being that the English pyramid system has also excluded play-off entrants just this week for failing to meet the criteria to step up to a higher level. The play-offs will continue without the excluded club - just as the SPFL play-off will continue with the club eligible to move up. 

Thanks for playing anyway - looking forward to your next tinfoil hat meltdown already. 

Out of curiosity, what would happen next season if Buckie win the league again? Will something be in place to allow the runners up to take their place or leave it as Team 42 v LL? Will Buckie be penalised for not participating in the play offs or a ban from the Scottish Cup?