QP v Morton

Despite Morton's hugely impressive form, hopefully they are a bit knackered and I reckon we can tire them out on the magnificent green sward of Fortress Hampden. We looked good last week against a wonderful Pars team and the additional players have made what was a pretty threadbare and inexperienced pool much, much stronger.

Silky QP 2, the Greenock Chib Merchants 1.

46 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Despite Morton's hugely impressive form, hopefully they are a bit knackered and I reckon we can tire them out on the magnificent green sward of Fortress Hampden. We looked good last week against a wonderful Pars team and the additional players have made what was a pretty threadbare and inexperienced pool much, much stronger.

Can't see them being tired to be honest extra day off will have helped also Imrie has a very fit team.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Morton knackered ? Give it a rest they players could run a marathon & no break sweat 

Edited by Cowshed

Loving the idea that one of the fittest, hardest-running teams in the league might be a bit tired… eight long days after their last game…

What is relevant, tho, is that it’s objectively harder to press on that pitch than it is at Cappielow (there were extenuating circumstances last time, but we were notably more compact and passive than we usually are).

Interesting to see if Imrie can/will change our approach; I for one would be delighted to see Quitongo galloping in behind QP’s still duff back line…

That said, think both managers would happily take a draw.

Have I missed some breaking news that McGill's have withdrawn our luxurious coach and the team are doing a warm-up jog up to Glesga for this game.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Why not

51 minutes ago, an86 said:

We have to beat this mob at some point, surely? 

Suppose someone has to. Must be due a defeat at this stage but hopefully not.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Helpful👍. I'm guessing you mean the car park at the stadium.

What else can someone say, Car Park at Asda in Toryglen and enjoy your walk, and lets hope you don’t have plantar faciatis .

Maybe Cathcart road, in any given legal parking space, and you can get a steak pie from the best chippy?

Or if your a lazy geezer as your question would suggest, right in the car park, oot side the main stand, row seven, space 14, just reserved for you, courtesy of the pie and bovril booking system

7 hours ago, Lichteeeeee said:

What else can someone say, Car Park at Asda in Toryglen and enjoy your walk, and lets hope you don’t have plantar faciatis .

Maybe Cathcart road, in any given legal parking space, and you can get a steak pie from the best chippy?

Or if your a lazy geezer as your question would suggest, right in the car park, oot side the main stand, row seven, space 14, just reserved for you, courtesy of the pie and bovril booking system

Not familiar with the area, being told a Car park right outside the stadium was open on matchdays would have been fine.

Don't think it's a difficult one to answer but i suppose some folk can't do that without trying to be a smart arse. Thanks for replying though. 

22 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Not familiar with the area, being told a Car park right outside the stadium was open on matchdays would have been fine.

Don't think it's a difficult one to answer but i suppose some folk can't do that without trying to be a smart arse. Thanks for replying though. 

They’ll likely be an area in the stadium car park for Morton fans, you’ll be directed there by the stewards. it’s free

There’s been less of a vibe of airport security this season which is good. 

12 hours ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

I didn’t realise QP had quite so many roasters…

A couple sensitive souls on both sides so far. Hopefully the proper abuse starts soon and scares them off. 

Morton have been a thorn in our side since we came up to the Championship, and given our recent turnaround I should be full of optimism going into this Saturday but I can't say I am. Morton are flying right now and this will be a real test for Callum Davidson and how far we've come in the last month. 

Scott has impressed at LB so I'd see him start again. I'd love to have Thomson back in midfield as I reckon him beside Welsh & Turner would be our strongest lineup, but Danny Wilson didn't play in the reserves game yesterday so I don't see him being ready yet.

It would be fantastic to get our first win over Imrie & Co this week, but given where we've came from I'd take a point against the leagues form team and we stay away from the bottom of the table. I don't care how close 4th place may look, our priority this season is survival.

The secret is out.  QP's recent excellent run of form is not indeed down to the appointment of Dunblane's finest and his recruitment in January, more my inability to attend matches recently.  

QP could have played for a week at that last Cappielow match and still never scored; the missed penalty and the recriminations at the end probably the nadir of the season, (if not our current Championship tenure) so far.  

Don't want to jinx this one but the prospect of watching two form teams coming up against each other, (with the bonus of arguably more 'needle' here than in other fixtures) is probably too good to miss.  

I apologise now and whole-heartedly to my fellow south-siders for the inevitable result.

5 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

If you check QP website or Twitter, (sorry X) a few days before hand they'll usually inform as to which point to enter the car park from.  Again, it's free.

4 hours ago, QPEast said:

There’s been less of a vibe of airport security this season which is good. 

Has that been a recent, (i.e. last few weeks) change as the last game I went to I felt ever so slightly violated!

I’ve been looking forward to the top of the table clash on Friday, but I would have preferred this game in the telly. Two teams that are playing some braw fitbaw. I think this will be the the best fixture of this weekend