QP v Morton

First half was a total non-event. Second half we should have won it and probably should have done so comfortably with the amount of time we spent in their half, but we just didn't create enough chances with that dominance of possession. Couple of good saves from Ferrie but really it was only second balls off set-pieces we properly threatened with.

A flat performance, but if it's going to happen it's best it still comes with a point away from home.

Edited by Dunning1874

Yeah we got away with that today but the total shift in mindset nowadays (especially defensively) under Davidson is incomparable to Veldman and to some extent, Coyle. We look horrible one the eye at times going forward (virtually zero attacking intent today) but we battled hard and kept going even when we were massively under the cosh 2nd half. We lose that game 10/10 times under Veldman. If you’re not going to win the game, make sure you don’t lose it either 

If there’s any doubts as to whether Cal Ferrie is a bombscare goalie, I think today proved what a fantastic keeper he is at this level. The best keeper in the league no doubts and I’m sure he’ll probably move on to bigger things in the summer being out of contract. Quite outrageous saves in the 2nd half 

Morton were really decent imo. They have their way of playing but it works and it works well. No denying they’re physical but they can play the ball on the deck effectively also. The entire 2nd half had an air of inevitability about Morton scoring but thankfully wasn’t the case 

A good point which keeps things ticking over to Dundee United next week. A big ask but the players should be going in to it with an element of belief. Dundee United are no great shakes 

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

If there’s any doubts as to whether Cal Ferrie is a bombscare goalie, I think today proved what a fantastic keeper he is at this level. The best keeper in the league no doubts

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Every single save he made was straight at him, you’d have been raging if he didn’t stop any of them. 
Ryan Mullen just had his 10th (IIRC) clean sheet in our last 14 games, I know who I’d rather have in our goal. 

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Every single save he made was straight at him, you’d have been raging if he didn’t stop any of them. 
Ryan Mullen just had his 10th (IIRC) clean sheet in our last 14 games, I know who I’d rather have in our goal. 

Okay mate 🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, Scosha said:

A Morton fan without eyes; surprising, normally people from Greenock have three of them.

15 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Were you actually at the game ?

6 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I see you have no actual argument against my point then. 

I do actually. His saves were fantastic, the shots he kept out would have beaten the vast majority of goalkeepers.

Hope that helps!

Wilson in at the back and Thomson in midfield instead of Turner or Mckinstry is the way forward for the team.

We were organised and generally solid today but the midfield (other than Welsh) struggled to get on the ball.