QP v Morton

GMP_Q29tcHJlc3NHSDAx_4.gif.aba2246c1ec59af7f7f37d391428a02c.gif

50 minutes ago, qpfc said:

If there’s any doubts as to whether Cal Ferrie is a bombscare goalie, I think today proved what a fantastic keeper he is at this level. The best keeper in the league no doubts

First half was a hard watch. Second half much better from us and we dominated although I thought those amateur p***ks looked dangerous on the break. Had a fair number of chances and I'd like to see the highlights as I wonder if us not scoring was down to good goalkeeping or a lack of composure. Says a lot when the home teams goalkeeper gets motm (he's still a midden). Referee absolutely stinking and although i enjoyed Jai's tussle with their left back I think he was lucky to escape unpunished with what looked like a studs to the chest. Again it will be interesting to see that one back. 

Expected more from the boy Paton today but he spent most of his time on the deck or arguing with the Referee. Playing at Hampden with allegedly over 2000 fans in attendance is a total shambles. Difficult to build any kind of atmosphere. If I was a QP fan I'd be desperate for the club to get the lesser hampden debacle sorted and get back to playing there ASAP.

Would have taken a point before ko but 2 points dropped with those missed chances.

Edited by Mr.Blue

57 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Yeah we got away with that today but the total shift in mindset nowadays (especially defensively) under Davidson is incomparable to Veldman and to some extent, Coyle. We look horrible one the eye at times going forward (virtually zero attacking intent today) but we battled hard and kept going even when we were massively under the cosh 2nd half. We lose that game 10/10 times under Veldman. If you’re not going to win the game, make sure you don’t lose it either 

If there’s any doubts as to whether Cal Ferrie is a bombscare goalie, I think today proved what a fantastic keeper he is at this level. The best keeper in the league no doubts and I’m sure he’ll probably move on to bigger things in the summer being out of contract. Quite outrageous saves in the 2nd half 

Morton were really decent imo. They have their way of playing but it works and it works well. No denying they’re physical but they can play the ball on the deck effectively also. The entire 2nd half had an air of inevitability about Morton scoring but thankfully wasn’t the case 

A good point which keeps things ticking over to Dundee United next week. A big ask but the players should be going in to it with an element of belief. Dundee United are no great shakes 

'Outrageous' is just a step too far. He had a good game  though. Can't argue with that.

As for being the best keeper in the league please see Ryan Mullen

Quality of the game - zero

Standard of shithousery (from both sides)  - off the chart.

QP toothless up front and others have said, without Ferrie and under Veldman we lose that 3/4-nil, so against a bogey team on a rich run of form =  progress being made. 

Only note to Davidson.  When 0-0 and needing a goal, Longridge (sorry) isn't the answer

The boy Paton is a complete and utter arsehole of a boy. Spent more time rolling about on the ground than actually trying to play foot all. We get a bad rep and have already seen a comment of Morton have their way of playing but ffs Queens seem to think they can cheat there way through games. I know what i would rather watch.

terrible performance from the ref today. He has to stop the diving and allowed them away with it all game.

It was an at times grim spectacle from a QP point of view especially in the total lack of any creativity for most of that second half. At least we had the grit and determination to dig in and salvage a point, something which I doubt we would have done under Veldman. There's still a helluva lot of work to do to fashion a side which can draw clear of the relegation zone.

Says it all when the highlight of my matchday has been the tears and snotters of some of the Morton supporters on here. Keep it coming, lads!

35 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

It was an at times grim spectacle from a QP point of view especially in the total lack of any creativity for most of that second half. At least we had the grit and determination to dig in and salvage a point, something which I doubt we would have done under Veldman. There's still a helluva lot of work to do to fashion a side which can draw clear of the relegation zone.

Says it all when the highlight of my matchday has been the tears and snotters of some of the Morton supporters on here. Keep it coming, lads!

Where's the tears and snotters luv?

Quite incredible reading Morton fans slating Calum Ferries performance today. One particular fucking idiot holding a performance from over a year ago over him. Your own lord and saviour Dougie Imrie praising him in his post match interview, maybe when you calm down and watch the highlights you'll realise how good he is. PFA Championship keeper of the year last season, voted for by the other players in the league. They know better than anyone on this forum, myself included.

We were absolutely dire today so that's a good point for us. Very poor going forward and kind of solid at the back, managing one way or another to keep Morton out.

It wasn't pretty at all, and both teams had examples of over the top tackling, embarrassingly trying to win fouls and general arsehole behaviour, but two months ago we'd have been scudded on a day like today. The difference that Davidson, his recruits and his mentality has made cannot be understated.

Edited by Dave
Wording

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Quite incredible reading Morton fans slating Calum Ferries performance today. One particular fucking idiot holding a performance from over a year ago over him. Your own lord and saviour Dougie Imrie praising him in his post match interview, maybe when you calm down and watch the highlights you'll realise how good he is. PFA Championship keeper of the year last season, voted for by the other players in the league. They have a better idea than anyone on this forum, myself included.

We were absolutely dire today so that's a good point for us. Very poor going forward and kind of solid at the back, managing one way or another to keep Morton out.

It wasn't pretty at all, and both teams had examples of over the top tackling, embarrassingly trying to win fouls and general arsehole behaviour, but two months ago we'd have been scudded on a day like today. The difference that Davidson, his recruits and his mentality has made cannot be understated.

Not slating the keeper more slating the ridiculous comment made from someone stating he’s the best keeper in the league because he’s made a couple of decent saves today, I’ve seen more blunders from ferrie to merit being one of the worst keepers in the league a big well done for for continuously taking 5 minutes for a goal kick when it’s 0-0 👏🏼 

qpfc is away to chug himself silly over a few decent saves from his keeper

50 minutes ago, Dave said:

Quite incredible reading Morton fans slating Calum Ferries performance today. One particular fucking idiot holding a performance from over a year ago over him. Your own lord and saviour Dougie Imrie praising him in his post match interview, maybe when you calm down and watch the highlights you'll realise how good he is. PFA Championship keeper of the year last season, voted for by the other players in the league. They have a better idea than anyone on this forum, myself included.

I think we've found the tears and snotters that Spidersmad was talking about.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Where's the tears and snotters luv?

Found them:

On 14/02/2024 at 06:58, Mr.Blue said:

Not familiar with the area, being told a Car park right outside the stadium was open on matchdays would have been fine.

Don't think it's a difficult one to answer but i suppose some folk can't do that without trying to be a smart arse. Thanks for replying though. 

Fair's fair: these "tears and snotters" are technically pre-match; but imagine getting this huffy when people (not limited to Queen's fans) lightly rip the pish out of you for having asked, effectively, "Is there anywhere to park at Hampden?"