QP v Morton

4 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I’ve been looking forward to the top of the table clash on Friday, but I would have preferred this game in the telly. Two teams that are playing some braw fitbaw. I think this will be the the best fixture of this weekend 

Many thanks for bigging this up. Saturday afternoon now guaranteed to be a turgid affair. Having said that I’ll gladly accept if we can finally get the Morton monkey off our backs.

3 minutes ago, On the bench said:

Many thanks for bigging this up. Saturday afternoon now guaranteed to be a turgid affair. Having said that I’ll gladly accept if we can finally get the Morton monkey off our backs.

I bleed black and white (been greetin black and white for a couple of weeks now) but I appreciate all football especially games that involve two teams that are playing well. I make no apologies for this if it turns out to be a poor spectacle, but if yer team is guid enough on the day……….

40 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Can we just walk up and buy tickets on Saturday? I'm just 20 minutes walk away and I'm going with my Wife as she really enjoyed the last Scotland match there. Also are we in the South Stand?

No. Tickets must be purchased on line up to 30 minutes after kick off. Yes, you will be in the South Stand. All details either are or will be on the website.

2 hours ago, On the bench said:

Not so easy to get a monkey off your back when it has your shirt grasped in both paws.

On 13/02/2024 at 12:16, Zanetti said:

Why do Morton fans get so upset when people suggest that they're a physical team? I agree that it's occasionally exaggerated, but they're well on track for most yellow cards in the division for the second season in a row. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that being a part of your game, especially when it gets results.

I think alot of Morton fans feel this description doesn't do our players justice. Most of our good runs of form and results under Imrie have been due to high intensity pressing which is very effective in this division, rather than being a overly physical team. 

The opposition players and managers that are complaining about us being a physical team are gaslighting everyone into believing they are much better footballing teams than they are and it's only us kicking them off the park which is getting in the way of there philosophy. In truth in true total football style they try to play out from the back and cough up possession when one of our front four closes them down.

We were all fuming with Rodri at Hampden when he dismissed Scotland as rubbish after a fantastic team performance and this is happening week after week to this Morton team. See Mcgeady on Scottish Football podcast, did he miss Muirhead two worldies on the way to a perfect hatrick? 

I personally think we should embrace it as it plays massively into our hand to be labeled as one dimensional. Not only do teams underestimate us but it also unfairly pigeonholes Imrie manager which makes it more likely he doesn't get the move he deserves.

Tough game but hopefully some Rodriesque tears from the QP galacticos at full time at Hampden on Saturday. As you all know by now we just want to party all the time.

As stated above, I can see us losing this game. We're off the back of our cup high and with a bad day at the office overdue. Davidson has stabilised things well and was a sound choice as manager, although in stark contrast to the shan philosophy being peddled this time twelve months ago. 

Obviously we have the capacity to win but I'd be fine with a draw too. A win at home to Airdrie next week is the real key to consolidating our play-off prospects. 

44 minutes ago, virginton said:

As stated above, I can see us losing this game. We're off the back of our cup high and with a bad day at the office overdue. Davidson has stabilised things well and was a sound choice as manager, although in stark contrast to the shan philosophy being peddled this time twelve months ago. 

Obviously we have the capacity to win but I'd be fine with a draw too. A win at home to Airdrie next week is the real key to consolidating our play-off prospects. 

I don't have great hopes for us either but it is one where we could really pull together and get a result.  Right now, I'd take a draw as you guys are well established as our bogey team!

Should be a good game either way.

We're really not a bogey team, the way you were set up last season was just perfectly suited to have your lunch money nicked by a competent pressing outfit. 

The two games so far this season had you in pretty dire form, with us on the road to recovery for our home win. It should certainly be a higher quality game than either.

7 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

No. Tickets must be purchased on line up to 30 minutes after kick off. Yes, you will be in the South Stand. All details either are or will be on the website.

Thanks WB, just got our tickets no problem. Very straightforward process!

I have no fear going into this one , our players will be more up for this than some of our own fans think, yes Friday was a massive high but Dougie will not let those standards dropp , he will be looking for every player to work as hard as they have been to keep this run going , new records players fighting to try get in the team or ensure they are in the team for the Hearts game .

Every player will also be thinking about that game on Friday and believe that getting a top 4 place we seriously will not fear anyone for a shot at promotion and that how more big games with that type feeling and atmosphere are there to be had .

Queens fans take ten mins of your time and watch what our players do off the ball , the way we can press as one is actually so impressive to watch . The fitness levels, the desire to win , every player busting  a gut for 90 mins each player looking out for each other and the togetherness we are seeing is fkn immense , and if playing like that and being a little direct to our strong tall hard Woking forward players looks bad for other folk ,well I'll take that any fkn game.

Edited by montheton11

On 14/02/2024 at 22:43, montheton11 said:

Queens fans take ten mins of your time and watch what our players do off the ball

Eh....naw and miss the back of your net bulging with a 25 yard strike from Dom ?

Edited by bridgeofweirdo

Really not worried about us taking our foot off the gas after a big result. Already happened in the Montrose and Arbroath games and both Dougie and the players showed they can deal with it. If we get outplayed we get outplayed, can't see it however.

13 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Really not worried about us taking our foot off the gas after a big result. Already happened in the Montrose and Arbroath games and both Dougie and the players showed they can deal with it. If we get outplayed we get outplayed, can't see it however.

If we play like we did in either of those games on Saturday, we'll probably lose. 

Yeah I can’t escape the feeling the run comes to an end here. Only other times I can personally recall seeing us at Hampden are that dreadful Aberdeen game, and the mini shame game in (I think) the Challenge Cup? It can’t be much less enjoyable than that outing.