QP v Morton

Huge game this. Queens have improved dramatically since going 15 without a win and have found some right good form under Davidson. 

A win for Queens and they are back in the playoff mix, a win for us all but kills their chances of catching us.

With Airdrie and Ayr playing each other, it's a right good chance for us to cement 4th place with a win. A draw there would be ideal.

As long as we have no injuries, I fully expect the same 11 who have started the last few games.

Expecting a much larger travelling support than last time too after Greenock was in flood lockdown.

1-2.

Edited by madton

Whilst I still have Morton as favourites to win, I feel more confident going into this game against them than previously.

Dutch philosophyball has been completely abandoned and we look much more like an actual football team now. 

I think the only question mark over our team will be whether Danny Wilson is ready for his debut. Tizzard has been better in the last couple of games but Wilson was signed for a reason, not sure if there were any friendlies this week for him to get some minutes.

Notice Morton fans are in the right hand side of the stand this time.

We could field a team of galaticos and I’d still not be confident of beating Morton regardless of form 

The next couple games will be an indication as to whether we’re looking up or down for the rest of the season. Priority is really just totally avoiding ninth and building from there. Early days but Davidson’s recruitment has been really positive. Welsh, Scott and Carse look excellent additions and with the added bonus of Danny Wilson to return and maybe the possible addition of Chris Kane, it’s a really competitive squad now. 

I wouldn’t be devastated with a point to keep momentum going but I hope we give a better account of ourselves against Morton compared to every other  previous encounter. We always produce a horror show in this fixture 

Expecting a tough one here, I fear the effort the lads have put in the last few weeks it’s going to catch up and a defeat has to come at some point hoping not any time soon and we keep this magical run going in time for the hearts game

ofcourse a win would be nothing short of brilliant to keep tabs on Partick but a point away from home is never demoralising and it’s only keeps the run going 

1-3 George Oakley perfect hatrick….

27 minutes ago, qpfc said:

We could field a team of galaticos and I’d still not be confident of beating Morton regardless of form 

The next couple games will be an indication as to whether we’re looking up or down for the rest of the season. Priority is really just totally avoiding ninth and building from there. Early days but Davidson’s recruitment has been really positive. Welsh, Scott and Carse look excellent additions and with the added bonus of Danny Wilson to return and maybe the possible addition of Chris Kane, it’s a really competitive squad now. 

I wouldn’t be devastated with a point to keep momentum going but I hope we give a better account of ourselves against Morton compared to every other  previous encounter. We always produce a horror show in this fixture 

Not quite every other previous encounter, I was up for last seasons game at Ochilview when Eze's goal was chalked off for some mystery reason when we were 2-0 up. 

Hoping we have the required dig/backbone required to compete with Morton's style of play. If we manage to compete with them physically we have a chance. 

1 minute ago, Moodster said:

Hoping we have the required dig/backbone required to compete with Morton's style of play

This the hoof ball / hammer throwers big bad physical Morton talk started already

it’s only Tuesday !! 

Edited by Cowshed

Taking absolutely nothing from either of our previous meetings, Queens Park clearly equipped with a much better squad and manager. The big pitch possibly suits Queens a bit more, but as much as I try ground myself I just can't see anyone stopping this Morton team. The run will end at some point, but I'd be fully confident of a result against anyone just now.

2-0 to the Greenock hammer throwers.

We're full of confidence and why shouldn't we be?

We're playing well, scoring goals and keeping clean sheets.

I'd imagine we have almost a full squad and Jai got some minutes on Friday too.

Will take a point but would be slightly disappointed if we don't take all 3 points

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Since you were promoted, you’ve drawn twice and lost four times to a single goal, hardly a horror show.

You’re only Queen’s Park, you hardly have the divine right to expect to beat a team like Morton.

Good of QP to play this game at Big Hampden.

Boys won't be dazed for April visit.

Don't think big park favours QP we very fit and have had an extra day off.

0 v 2 the Ton.

11 minutes ago, Toby said:

Since you were promoted, you’ve drawn twice and lost four times to a single goal, hardly a horror show.

You’re only Queen’s Park, you hardly have the divine right to expect to beat a team like Morton.

Wit 🤣

Calm down precious 

Not once did I suggest we had a divine right to beat yourselves, you’re literally just finding anything to get riled up over. I mean horror show as in imploding with daft mistakes throughout the games. Ferrie x 2 mistakes, Marcel Oakley selling the jerseys giving a penalty away last season at cappielow, blowing a 2-0 lead at home, failing to create absolutely anything for 55 mins against 10 men a couple months back. If anything, I respect the way Imrie has Morton playing. He’s clearly doing a fantastic job 

Very weird behaviour getting annoyed over that. Whatever suits your narrative I suppose 

Edited by qpfc

9 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Wit 🤣

Calm down precious 

Not once did I suggest we had a divine right to beat yourselves, you’re literally just finding anything to get riled up over. I mean horror show as in imploding with daft mistakes throughout the games. Ferrie x 2 mistakes, Marcel Oakley selling the jerseys giving a penalty away last season at cappielow, blowing a 2-0 lead at home, failing to create absolutely anything for 55 mins against 10 men a couple months back. If anything, I respect the way Imrie has Morton playing. He’s clearly doing a fantastic job 

Very weird behaviour getting annoyed over that. Whatever suits your narrative I suppose 

Failing to beat a better side when they have ten men, and conceding one penalty in the penultimate game at Cappielow hardly constitute horror shows.

The afternoon that Ferrie had a howler, yes. And you maybe deserved better from the draw at Ochilview because of the disallowed goal, but one out of six isn’t even close to “always” producing a horror show.

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

Failing to beat a better side when they have ten men, and conceding one penalty in the penultimate game at Cappielow hardly constitute horror shows.

The afternoon that Ferrie had a howler, yes. And you maybe deserved better from the draw at Ochilview because of the disallowed goal, but one out of six isn’t even close to “always” producing a horror show.

Apologies that you seem to have took that statement far too literal and took offence to it. As a QP fan, they’ve felt like horror shows as we’ve performed really poorly in all of them (in crucial points of the season), which is a credit to Morton and imrie. It’s just always the fixture that we seem to never turn up or get going for.

Edited by qpfc

Why do Morton fans get so upset when people suggest that they're a physical team? I agree that it's occasionally exaggerated, but they're well on track for most yellow cards in the division for the second season in a row. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that being a part of your game, especially when it gets results.

19 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Why do Morton fans get so upset when people suggest that they're a physical team? I agree that it's occasionally exaggerated, but they're well on track for most yellow cards in the division for the second season in a row. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that being a part of your game, especially when it gets results.

I think you've partly answered your own question with the last line. There's nothing wrong with having it in our game and it's led us to a 13 game unbeaten run so far, but very few of our goals actually come from it. We play a lot of good stuff but in the Championship you need to be able to win the physical battles when games get scrappy, we're just better than the rest of the league at that which for some reason has translated to it being our main style of play to everyone else. Doesn't bother me as long as we keep winning. 

It's just a weird argument, we're not going to stop playing to our strengths because certain people think it's not pretty and it's more the "you're wrong for playing the way you do because it's not the way I would set up my team" that annoys Morton fans. See last nights radio comments from tactical expert and mastermind director of football 'Aiden McGeady' below as example.

"they have beaten us 3 times albeit by playing unattractive football"

"they are on a good run of form but aren't very exciting to watch"

I'm sure whoever his team are play lovely, free-flowing football and are doing really well in the league.

Haven't read the Morton threads so was unaware of the criticism of your style of play, i don't think Kettlewell was aware of it either judging by the Motherwell  performance ! (Watched it online) 

I’m wary of this one, Queen’s Park have clearly improved since changing manager and abandoning their ridiculous Dutch philosophy. Our unbeaten run has filled fans with confidence and I’m sure many will expect us to roll over them but we’ve had to scrap our way to some narrow wins and draws throughout this run. 

A draw wouldn’t be a bad result but I’m optimistically going for 0-1, with our now improved options off the bench to make the difference in a tight game. 

Should be a big away support for this one. Looking forward to it.