QP v Morton

4 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Really not worried about us taking our foot off the gas after a big result. Already happened in the Montrose and Arbroath games and both Dougie and the players showed they can deal with it. If we get outplayed we get outplayed, can't see it however.

Arbroath are dross (sorry, tragically depleted by injury) and will do well to win another game this season. They haven't scored a single goal in 2024 and if they end that amusing run at the weekend, it's only because Dunfermline are equally as mince (sorry, tragically depleted by injury). A competent side like a resurgent Queens Park would've won either of those games.

I don't doubt Queens are twice the team that Arbroath and Montrose are and I agree that Arbroath are as well as chucking it just now, but in both games we were terrible until the 45/60 minute mark where we took control and comfortably won the game. I'm not claiming we can afford the same on Saturday, we probably can't, but I can't see us taking our foot off the gas and handing the game to Queens Park. Imrie won't allow it.

Probably Davidson's toughest test yet. Morton on an incredible run and Imrie seems to have avoided the curse of being awarded Manager of the Month. However, of more concern is that he appears to have had our number over the past year or so. That said Saturday would be as good a time as any for all that to end. 🤞

Given the Dutch debacle any hopes of a top four finish have long since evaporated. Need to continue adding points if we are to consolidate a safe mid-table position. Would take a draw but hopeful of more. 🕷️🕸️

56 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Imrie seems to have avoided the curse of being awarded Manager of the Month.

You mean this one?

Like others have said, the run is expected to end. But I think we'll still be fired up and looking to build a solid cushion.

Queens have had better weeks recently though and last week will have given much needed confidence.

Expecting a slight drop off in our performance though, but hopefully the extra day helps that. Can see this being a draw.

2-2

DougieMOTM.jpg

A defeat is inevitably going to happen at some point, but the big thing whenever it happens is not ending up on a winless run off the back of it. We've had a tendency to be a bit of a streaky team under Imrie, but while we're not likely to maintain our ridiculous form of 24 points over the last 10 games, we're in a position now where a couple of defeats aren't going to throw us off course for fourth entirely provided we keep winning home games.

That said, it would be nice to create a gap that makes it pretty unrealistic for Queen's Park to catch us, and with Airdrie & Ayr playing each other a win could be massive.

40 minutes ago, MORleyTON said:

You mean this one?

The curse is the poor form that often comes after winning, not the award itself.

Last year Imrie was manager of the month for both January and February so he's shown he can avoid it before. Maybe, hopefully, he can repeat that with another excellent February this season.

1 hour ago, Mon eh Ton said:

The curse is the poor form that often comes after winning, not the award itself.

Last year Imrie was manager of the month for both January and February so he's shown he can avoid it before.

You know curses aren't actually real, right?

1 hour ago, Mon eh Ton said:

Last year Imrie was manager of the month for both January and February so he's shown he can avoid it before. Maybe, hopefully, he can repeat that with another excellent February this season.

Yeah I read that as the award was the curse itself, not the aftermath....

But yeah, I agree with what's been said somewhere before, about the team under having good/bad streaks and hopefully this isn't the end.

Can't deny though the sum of our parts has been tremendous.

22 minutes ago, Cappiecat1.2 said:

You know curses aren't actually real, right?

I don't think anybody is suggesting it's actually magic, what often happens though is that it's awarded to the manager of a team that's overperforming to a degree and is bound to regress somewhat eventually.

20 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Davidson will print this off on A3 paper and stick it up in the dressing room to spur the mighty QP on.

Aye I am sure he reads pie and bovril ya plank.