QP v Morton

I am genuinely confused by Queen's Park fans taking offence to that observation about their approach, it's entirely a compliment to Davidson doing a good job. If you had the likes of Robin Veldman or James McPake in charge clinging to a shit philosophy you would lose that game, you didn't because you now have an edge and a willingness to grind things out when necessary. Your manager turning your previously weak as piss squad into a gang of shithouses is a good thing, celebrate it!

Edited by Dunning1874

19 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I am genuinely confused by Queen's Park fans taking offense to that observation about their approach, it's entirely a compliment to Davidson doing a good job. If you had the likes of Robin Veldman or James McPake in charge clinging to a shit philosophy you would lose that game, you didn't because you now have an edge and a willingness to grind things out when necessary. Your manager turning your previously weak as piss squad into a gang of shithouses is a good thing, celebrate it!

I think part of QP’s quite recent investment was creating an identity of playing creative football out from the back. Although they still tried to do that yesterday, I think they’re fans are a bit irked by suggestions they’re now adding the uglier side to their game. Their irk likely comes from the fact it appears to be true.

17 hours ago, montheton said:

The boy Paton is a complete and utter arsehole of a boy. Spent more time rolling about on the ground than actually trying to play foot all. We get a bad rep and have already seen a comment of Morton have their way of playing but ffs Queens seem to think they can cheat there way through games. I know what i would rather watch.

terrible performance from the ref today. He has to stop the diving and allowed them away with it all game.

Paton trying to play football against wrestlers.....just watched the highlights again.....you should too 

I blame the referee for letting the likes of Paton and the centre back who fell over and rolled about every time Oakley went near him, and the ref bought it every time. You can’t really blame the QP players keeping that going if the ref’s allowing it. I think players of most teams would do the same.

18 hours ago, Scosha said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Every single save he made was straight at him, you’d have been raging if he didn’t stop any of them. 
Ryan Mullen just had his 10th (IIRC) clean sheet in our last 14 games, I know who I’d rather have in our goal. 

Ryan Mullen couldn't even get in our team when we were strolling League 2. He was kept out of our team by the guy Ferrie comfortably kept out the team the following season.

In the first half, we surrendered slightly too much space just outside our box a few times but QP didn't have the quality to punish us . In the second half we were totally dominant and really should've won the game. I would like to have seen our subs made earlier, Garrity in particular, but Imrie was probably correct not to risk too much going for a winner. The draw suits us nicely. QP fans seem to have a higher opinion of Ferrie than opposition fans, he had a good day with a few excellent saves but probably should've been sent off for a two footed lunge on Muirhead outside the box. Still seems to me a player with the talent to make excellent saves, but not the most commanding and limited by erratic decision making. For us it was good to see French use his pace to receive from Mullen and burst past his man, if he can sort out his distribution we'll have a really impressive player on our hands. Wilson was once again excellent, he's just an outstanding footballer. 

As is standard these days, the referee had a really poor game. Made some poor calls, strangely awarding a free kick to QP when Oakley appeared to be tripped while through on goal, the Ferrie challenge on Muirhead, the Quitongo penalty claim and the acceptance of Paton's constant diving and dissenting. The early booking for Crawford was bizarre, highlighted by the fact he later refused to book various players for worse, including a QP player who wisely hauled Blues to the ground to stop a counter attack. Given how poor the ref was for Morton, it was ironic that our best chance fell to Oakley after fouling his man in the buildup, which was missed. He also blew for time early in the first half and played almost no added time in the second, despite constantly stopping the game to issue lengthy speeches to players.

QP were very happy to indulge in the dark arts which will stand them in good stead. The cynical fouls, aggressive defending, time wasting, buying free kicks etc certainly helped them dig out a point yesterday in a match where they were second best. Promising signs for them that Davidson has stamped out the naivety which was costing them earlier in the season. Thought their centre backs dealt well with the majority of dangerous cross balls and Ferrie made some big saves. Their front line was unimpressive, Paton in particular, but they were up against arguably the league's best defence. They have enough going for them to finish mid table fairly comfortably.

Hampden is local to me, so I've certainly no complaints about Morton playing on my doorstep, but watching a match at Hampden with about 1500 people there is an utterly tragic experience. You have to feel for Queens fans having that matchday experience every other week, what a missed opportunity the whole Lesser Hampden fiasco was. 

33 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Ryan Mullen couldn't even get in our team when we were strolling League 2. He was kept out of our team by the guy Ferrie comfortably kept out the team the following season.

Ferrie is a donkey time to move on from it pal 

IMG_0326.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mission said:

I just watched the highlights as well as being at the game. I'm surprised some are getting heated about it. It was a deserved 0-0 and I reckon that probably suited both teams. It was a potential banana skin for Morton and we wanted to get at least a point to keep our improvement going. Job done for both sides.

Deserved 0-0 despite the away team having 61% possession and 9 attempts on goal of which 5 were on target?

35 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Cool story.

18 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Ferrie is a donkey time to move on from it pal 

IMG_0326.jpeg

Since you trust stats on transfermarket, you will no doubt agree with them that Ferrie is worth  £300k & Mullen is worth £50k, proving conclusively that Ferrie is 6 times better than Mullen.

😀

Edited by Arachnophile

5 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

Aye, it did. If the ref had stood up to the playground thuggery antics in the same manner the QP players courageously did, then there may have been the chance of some football breaking out. 

As it stands, am happier to be watching our players under CD each week than ever having to endure Doug's dugs!

Yup Doug's dogs 14 games unbeaten in a playoff position in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup I know what team I would watch and it certainly not yours champ.

8 hours ago, Mission said:

I just watched the highlights as well as being at the game. I'm surprised some are getting heated about it. It was a deserved 0-0 and I reckon that probably suited both teams. It was a potential banana skin for Morton and we wanted to get at least a point to keep our improvement going. Job done for both sides.

don't be coming on here with your common sense.

Edited by Arachnophile

Morton are a mob, pure and simple. That's not a criticism, just a fact and good luck to them. If we played that way and it was working, I wouldn't be bothered what anyone said. However, the referees have got to be up to it and yesterday's wasn't. He let too much go.

Anyway, a good point and another shut out with the defence doing the business against what is an effective outfit. We were leaking more than an incontinent's knickers six weeks ago and that's three shut outs in a row. We're back.

We've only got ourselves to blame for not winning that, better in every area especially second half but just couldn't get past Ferrie. Fair play to Queens for grinding out the result. A point will do and onto Saturday.

Shame that another game has become the referee show, desperate to make it all about himself. I can't see how either of the free kicks given against Oakley when played through on goal were anything but him being stronger than the centre half. We need more referees who've actually played the game, this is getting beyond brutal.

14 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Morton are a mob, pure and simple. That's not a criticism, just a fact and good luck to them. If we played that way and it was working, I wouldn't be bothered what anyone said. However, the referees have got to be up to it and yesterday's wasn't. He let too much go.

Anyway, a good point and another shut out with the defence doing the business against what is an effective outfit. We were leaking more than an incontinent's knickers six weeks ago and that's three shut outs in a row. We're back.

I agree. I think Tizzard has been a revelation in the last three games. To compete successfully in the air against that Morton front line is as stern a test as he is likely to face. This has also given Calum full confidence to play behind that back line.

22 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I agree. I think Tizzard has been a revelation in the last three games. To compete successfully in the air against that Morton front line is as stern a test as he is likely to face. This has also given Calum full confidence to play behind that back line.

I only saw a goalkeeper and referee stop us from winning 3 or 4-0.