QP v Morton

10 minutes ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

Found them:

Fair's fair: these "tears and snotters" are technically pre-match; but imagine getting this huffy when people (not limited to Queen's fans) lightly rip the pish out of you for having asked, effectively, "Is there anywhere to park at Hampden?"

Aaah I'm glad you acknowledged that you answered in a completely different context however ill play your wee game.....or effectively did i ask 'wheres the best place to park on a matchday at Hampden?'

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Quite incredible reading Morton fans slating Calum Ferries performance today. One particular fucking idiot holding a performance from over a year ago over him. Your own lord and saviour Dougie Imrie praising him in his post match interview, maybe when you calm down and watch the highlights you'll realise how good he is. PFA Championship keeper of the year last season, voted for by the other players in the league. They have a better idea than anyone on this forum, myself included.

We were absolutely dire today so that's a good point for us. Very poor going forward and kind of solid at the back, managing one way or another to keep Morton out.

It wasn't pretty at all, and both teams had examples of over the top tackling, embarrassingly trying to win fouls and general arsehole behaviour, but two months ago we'd have been scudded on a day like today. The difference that Davidson, his recruits and his mentality has made cannot be understated.

I'm sensing a lot of ludicrous hyperventilating about that non-descript match, and next to none of it is coming from Morton fans.

Perhaps you should calm down and review that mess of a post. 

58 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Deservedly. 

For what? Effortlessly muffling yet another team on their own ground? Glad to hear that. 

Today's game was almost a carbon copy of our game at Airdrie just before Christmas. While both managers still wanted to win, they prioritised not giving up the game with a daft goal. I think both managers would have taken a point before the game and that's what played out. Davidson deserves some credit for getting a usually soft outfit to stand up to a lot of our set pieces - having everyone back at a corner might actually be useful. 

We created the better chances and could have won it in the second half. But if we win at home to Airdrie next week then we will have fully consolidated our play-off spot going into the final third. 

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm sensing a lot of ludicrous hyperventilating about that non-descript match, and next to none of it is coming from Morton fans.

Perhaps you should calm down and review that mess of a post. 

Where did I hyperventilate in my previous post?

Was it when I said Queen's Park were rubbish today? Or when I said our goalkeeper, who is being underrated by away fans, earned us a point? Or when I said that both teams resorted to looking at the ref for decisions he didn't want to make?

Please be specific.

Should’ve won it in the second half but don’t have too many complaints about a draw. Next week is the big yin. 

The wee snooker club near Hampden is a cracker, never clocked it before.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Where did I hyperventilate in my previous post?

Was it when I said Queen's Park were rubbish today? Or when I said our goalkeeper, who is being underrated by away fans, earned us a point? Or when I said that both teams resorted to looking at the ref for decisions he didn't want to make?

Please be specific.

• You claimed that your performance today was 'absolutely dire', which is objectively untrue. Exaggerating your own team's actual performance was the keystone in identifying the rest of your drama queen routine.

• You also found it 'quite incredible' that Morton fans didn't share your weirdo fixation with a goalkeeper who is actually, err, on the same level as Ryan Mullen in the opposite goal. We weren't graced with the presence of Gianlugi Buffon at either end today, jog on. 

• The idea that either side embarrassed themselves with their conduct looking for fouls today confirms that you need to get out more. It was vanilla stuff all things considered. 

Other than all of the above corrections to your zany hot take, a solid 0/10 match review. 

5 hours ago, Dave said:

Quite incredible reading Morton fans slating Calum Ferries performance today. One particular fucking idiot holding a performance from over a year ago over him. Your own lord and saviour Dougie Imrie praising him in his post match interview, maybe when you calm down and watch the highlights you'll realise how good he is.

Your own fan stated he isn’t a bombscare, yet 2 simple gifs show that Ferrie is indeed a flapping mess. 
Any time I’ve seen him he’s looked incompetent, and even today there were a couple of shaky moments. He’s definitely not the best keeper in this league. 

7 hours ago, virginton said:

• You claimed that your performance today was 'absolutely dire', which is objectively untrue. Exaggerating your own team's actual performance was the keystone in identifying the rest of your drama queen routine.

• You also found it 'quite incredible' that Morton fans didn't share your weirdo fixation with a goalkeeper who is actually, err, on the same level as Ryan Mullen in the opposite goal. We weren't graced with the presence of Gianlugi Buffon at either end today, jog on. 

• The idea that either side embarrassed themselves with their conduct looking for fouls today confirms that you need to get out more. It was vanilla stuff all things considered. 

Other than all of the above corrections to your zany hot take, a solid 0/10 match review. 

If the referee was at all competent Morton would have finished the game with 9 men. Your number 4 for numerous fouls including the assault on Ferrie and Jai for the stamp on a prostrate QP player should have been sent off.

And yes you were the better team over all 

13 hours ago, montheton said:

The boy Paton is a complete and utter arsehole of a boy. Spent more time rolling about on the ground than actually trying to play foot all. We get a bad rep and have already seen a comment of Morton have their way of playing but ffs Queens seem to think they can cheat there way through games. I know what i would rather watch.

terrible performance from the ref today. He has to stop the diving and allowed them away with it all game.

Lol I raise you Robbie Muirhead 

Horrible game of football that would have been better played at Murrayfield than Hampden. Morton the stronger side and created more clear cut chances. Ferrie kept us in the game. That said our young defence stood up pretty well to the challenge, particularly when our midfield couldn't keep the ball in the latter stages of the game.  Happy with a point. 

4 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

If the referee was at all competent Morton would have finished the game with 9 men. Your number 4 for numerous fouls including the assault on Ferrie and Jai for the stamp on a prostrate QP player should have been sent off.

And yes you were the better team over all 

Are you having a fucking laugh?

Yesterday was the archetypal game where both teams deserve a 0-0, neither has done anything to shift that dial and the refereeing performance made no difference to the result whatsoever, but the idea that Morton were the team trying to spill that over into a riot is fucking mental. Ferrie just about cut Muirhead in half, Bannon and Tizzard could probably have whipped machetes out and started claiming portions of Oakley's legs with how much they were getting away with, Paton could have had two bookings for diving in any given 10 minute portion of the game.

Full credit to him for finding a way to get results with the squad he's inherited, this is most definitely praise rather than criticism, but aside from persisting with a shape and getting his players to maintain it the noticeable transformation in Queen's Park under Davidson is that they used to only start claiming bodies and diving about like lunatics when they went 1-0 down having lost their heads and now they do it from kick-off as the actual game plan, turning the game into the massive scrap that suits them from the start. With the possible exception of Raith no one else in the division can so obviously set out to maim their opponents and get away with it by getting on the right side of the ref, total respect for a manager who has identified what his squad is actually good at and turned it up to eleven.

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

...and the refereeing performance made no difference to the result whatsoever, 

Aye, it did. If the ref had stood up to the playground thuggery antics in the same manner the QP players courageously did, then there may have been the chance of some football breaking out. 

As it stands, am happier to be watching our players under CD each week than ever having to endure Doug's dugs!

39 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Aye, it did. If the ref had stood up to the playground thuggery antics in the same manner the QP players courageously did, then there may have been the chance of some football breaking out. 

As it stands, am happier to be watching our players under CD each week than ever having to endure Doug's dugs!

🤣. Yet we played the better football and had clear cut chances? Whereas our keeper didn't have a single save to make? You're a deluded wee soul.

Also wish Paton was as courageous as his brave comrades and actually stood up to the 'playground thuggery' rather than spend most of his day on his arse or crying to the ref.

58 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yesterday was the archetypal game where both teams deserve a 0-0, neither has done anything to shift that dial and the refereeing performance made no difference to the result whatsoever, but the idea that Morton were the team trying to spill that over into a riot is fucking mental. Ferrie just about cut Muirhead in half, Bannon and Tizzard could probably have whipped machetes out and started claiming portions of Oakley's legs with how much they were getting away with, Paton could have had two bookings for diving in any given 10 minute portion of the game.

Full credit to him for finding a way to get results with the squad he's inherited, this is most definitely praise rather than criticism, but aside from persisting with a shape and getting his players to maintain it the noticeable transformation in Queen's Park under Davidson is that they used to only start claiming bodies and diving about like lunatics when they went 1-0 down having lost their heads and now they do it from kick-off as the actual game plan, turning the game into the massive scrap that suits them from the start. With the possible exception of Raith no one else in the division can so obviously set out to maim their opponents and get away with it by getting on the right side of the ref, total respect for a manager who has identified what his squad is actually good at and turned it up to eleven.

A very sensible post almost red dotted to death by the wee Hampden luvvies. 

8 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Ferrie did look the best keeper in the league today from where I was sitting.

You can f**k right up. No one cares.

Well actually that's not true. The Queens fans do. Piss off upto hampden with them.

I just watched the highlights as well as being at the game. I'm surprised some are getting heated about it. It was a deserved 0-0 and I reckon that probably suited both teams. It was a potential banana skin for Morton and we wanted to get at least a point to keep our improvement going. Job done for both sides.