Clyde vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/24 at 14:59

Like two baldy kitmen fighting over a comb, this encounter promises to be a real hole in one. The two box office fanbases of the L2 forum, capable of producing a match thread of well over 1 page, meet again for the first time since a thrilling 4-4 draw at the rock in December.

Clyde have us and Forfar at home as their next two games, with surely nothing less than 6 points being the target for McCall. He’s undoubtedly a better manager than Faz, but at the moment it’s all looking very Kenny Shiels’ Morton revival attempt, than Alan Maitland’s Alloa.

The surface should suit us, and after our previous successful visits to NDP, maybe we’ll turn in a performance. More likely, though, we’ll keep anyone remotely decent on the bench and bring them on after 87 mins. 

Oh, and do Clyde still charge about £50 for the stream? I’m flush with cash after we inexplicably decided not to do one for tonight.

Edited by FifeSons

Truthfully, now our only hope between now and the end of the season is trying to get a few wins on the board and preparing for the play-offs. Our last home game was a good performance against Peterhead, that deserved more, but Saturday sounded an absolute shambles. Hard to see past a Dumbarton win.

If we don’t take 6 points from the next 2 home games we are done for. Time to show some fight on the park (not you ebbo). There is absolutely nothing to suggest we will get a result here but it’s got to happen at some point, right?

I’d love a big Faz-McCall, Lennon-Duffy style bust up. Sadly Stevie’s under absolutely zero pressure, so you’d never see it spill over.

Feels like the Clyde fans might have given up even more than we have, and when that happens, your side sometimes pull out an unexpected result. I think this is a really, really hard one to call.

Edited by FifeSons

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I’d love a big Faz-McCall, Lennon-Duffy style bust up. Sadly Stevie’s under absolutely zero pressure, so you’d never see it spill over.

Feels like the Clyde fans might have given up even more than we have, and when that happens, your side sometimes pull out an unexpected result. I think this is a really, really hard one to call.

Dumbarton -2 on my coupon this weekend.

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Dumbarton -2 on my coupon this weekend.

I can see why you’d think that’s on the cards based on our last few visits and Clyde’s current form (though ours is just as bad), but those visits were from pre-Christmas Stevie Farrell sides. Post-Christmas Stevie Farrell Dumbarton can barely win a single game, let alone give anyone a doing.

6 minutes ago, NilNil said:

We were pretty pedestrian and uninspiring tonight but really, anything less than a win here and surely questions have to be asked, Clyde must be at their lowest ebb what, ever?

Questions will never be asked by the people who can actually make the decision. As for questions by the fans? As far as I know, no one is on the fence about Farrell. 99% know the script and 1% think we just need to clap him more. Neither camp’s mind will be changed, whatever the outcome here.

11 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Questions will never be asked by the people who can actually make the decision. As for questions by the fans? As far as I know, no one is on the fence about Farrell. 99% know the script and 1% think we just need to clap him more. Neither camp’s mind will be changed, whatever the outcome here.

I was more meaning questions by those who can make the decisions but yeah.  And from that form table, we’ve scored fewer goals than the bottom side Clyde, in the last ten games. Grand.