Clyde vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/24 at 14:59

30 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Won the league at East Fife mate.

I'd assume you weren't aware of that. To say winning a league with a modest budget is nothing special seems a bit silly.

He's about to add another league win. He's maybe not Pep but he certainly knows his onions round these parts more than most.

The bit that's always confused me about Naysmith is how he almost managed to get a QOS side with a strikeforce of Lyndon Dykes and Stephen Dobbie relegated from the Championship. It's really the only blot on a CV that is otherwise fairly solid.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He won this league with East Fife and is about to do the same with Stenny. He must be doing something right. Compared to The Bum he looks like Pep Guardiola.

I know he won the league but his win rate with both East Fife and QOS is about the same as Stevie Farrells with Dumbarton. I'm not saying that he isn't half decent just that before this season I didn't see anything outstanding about him

54 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I know he won the league but his win rate with both East Fife and QOS is about the same as Stevie Farrells with Dumbarton. I'm not saying that he isn't half decent just that before this season I didn't see anything outstanding about him

The Bum has achieved his win % figure mostly in League 2 with one of the biggest budgets in the division. I’d be curious to know what his win % is post November over his time with us because it must be absolutely horrific.

I don’t think Naysmith is particularly special but he has tactical knowledge, knows how to change a game and his players will run through a brick wall for him based on this season. That combined with a good enough budget will get you out of this division. Unfortunately our board are letting an absolute buffoon of a gaffer waste a good League 2 budget with no sign of it changing any time soon. 

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The Bum has achieved his win % figure mostly in League 2 with one of the biggest budgets in the division. I’d be curious to know what his win % is post November over his time with us because it must be absolutely horrific.

I don’t think Naysmith is particularly special but he has tactical knowledge, knows how to change a game and his players will run through a brick wall for him based on this season. That combined with a good enough budget will get you out of this division. Unfortunately our board are letting an absolute buffoon of a gaffer waste a good League 2 budget with no sign of it changing any time soon. 

Jim Duffy had a comparable win rate (around 37+ %) with Farrell, in a League above & also bearing in mind Farrell has been manager roughly twice as long as Duffy's tenure.

Lol 

MACKAY OUT

FARRELL OUT 

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Win percentage means absolutely nothing if you are putting silverware in the cabinet at the end of the season. Which he will have done twice after this season.

You'll struggle to find a manager in Scotland who hasn't struggled at one time or another (Brendan Rodgers the top example) so if you are looking for some kind of polished god in this country you aren't going to find it I'm afraid.

Genuinely struggling to see what you consider outstanding attributes at this level or an example of a truly outstanding manager as you would term it.

Naysmith is as good as it gets for this level of football.

45 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

These are for after the turn of the year, but I had them worked out a few weeks ago:

2021/22 - 4/20 games (20%)

2022/23 - 6/20 games (30%)

2023/24 (as things stand) - 1/8 (12.5%).

Faz has been in charge of 122 games, winning 44. Only 11 of those wins have been post-new year. So 75% of his wins arrive in the first-half of the season, which is absolutely wild when you look at it written down.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Half decent enough to have silverware on his CV.  

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

These are for after the turn of the year, but I had them worked out a few weeks ago:

Faz has been in charge of 122 games, winning 44. Only 11 of those wins have been post-new year. So 75% of his wins arrive in the first-half of the season, which is absolutely wild when you look at it written down.

I knew I could count on you Jan. Some truly horrendous stats that suggest when teams figure us out he has nae clue what to do.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm convinced he extended his own contract.  Based on barely one win in three surely no Board would believe it would all suddenly come good.  Holy shit man.

It was an utterly weird thing to watch last season. Before Xmas I thought we might be able  to make a title race but as the season went on it swung our way far quicker than I'd thought possible.

The heart and desire seemed to go out of your team and the approach seemed very passive.

It reminded me of some of our previous teams who'd flatter to deceive for short periods before reverting to type and disappointing again.

If i was a supporter I'd want Farrell out.

It must be torture watching the same pattern being repeated

9 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

It was an utterly weird thing to watch last season. Before Xmas I thought we might be able  to make a title race but as the season went on it swung our way far quicker than I'd thought possible.

The heart and desire seemed to go out of your team and the approach seemed very passive.

It reminded me of some of our previous teams who'd flatter to deceive for short periods before reverting to type and disappointing again.

If i was a supporter I'd want Farrell out.

It must be torture watching the same pattern being repeated

It is

13 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That is wild. Absolutely no arguing with those records. Consistently falls to pieces at Christmas, resulting in relegation, dropping a title and being embarrassed in the playoffs, and this season of nothingness. The pattern is undeniable.

14 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

That is wild. Absolutely no arguing with those records. Consistently falls to pieces at Christmas, resulting in relegation, dropping a title and being embarrassed in the playoffs, and this season of nothingness. The pattern is undeniable.

Ah, but it’s the pitch’s fault that we drop off, according to Farrell. That’s what he genuinely puts it all down to.

25 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Ah, but it’s the pitch’s fault that we drop off, according to Farrell. That’s what he genuinely puts it all down to.

Two seasons ago we picked up nine points from nine games at home after New year compared with seven from nine away. 

Last year we got 14 points from ten at home while picking up eight from eight away. 

There's not much difference between h&a records.

14 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Jim Duffy had a comparable win rate (around 37+ %) with Farrell, in a League above & also bearing in mind Farrell has been manager roughly twice as long as Duffy's tenure.

Lol 

MACKAY OUT

FARRELL OUT 

Also Duffy's team was staffed by about 8 central midfielders playing all over the park without tactics or formation, was loaded with absolute haddies like Jones, Wilson and Ramsbottom and played some utterly eye bleeding "football". He barely kept us up in the league above in addition to the foregoing and STILL has a comparable win record to Farrell who's consistently recruited well and is playing a league lower in the pyramid. That is damning both of Farrell's managerial ability and also of the quality of L2 that we've been top 4 with those stats.

Genuinely please accept my/our apologies if Clyde do manage to win tomorrow, however the long awaited "Great Escape" may not happen until the play-offs. If we do win, then I hope that this will assist in you getting Farrell bumped once and for all. The embarrassment getting beat by Team 42 cannot be condoned................